Identified! AZ - Ash Fork, WhtMale skeletal remains, Nov'95 - Pete Rose

chaddylex

Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case
Reaction score
I looked and didn't see this UID listed in any other threads.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/137umaz.html

James Matthew Zinza missing since February 1992
UID found November 1995 - skeletal remains

http://www.nampn.org/cases/zinza_james.html

Age range, height range are comparable. James was known to wear Levi's (it says in his description, and the UID had Levis on when found. Also both James and UID are from Arizona.

I think the Nose structure is different though, but the pic of the UID is only a drawing....

Tell me what you all think.

chaddylex

Oh hell yes, send it in. Need a side by side?

I think the Nose structure is different though, but the pic of the UID is only a drawing....

Look at the second picture of James, I think the nose structures are what are so similar. Second last picture, look at the eyebrows and compare to the UID... incredibly similar.

I sent an email to the Coconino County, Arizona's Sheriffs office. Hopefully I will hear something soon.... The thing is James wasn't reported missing until December of 2008. I think that if I didn't have contact that long with one of my children or siblings, I would wonder a long time ago not 16 years...

chaddylex

They look pretty close to me. Great that you called that one in, good work! :)

Here is what the guy emailed me back:

Thank you for letting us know about this missing person. I cannot answer if we looked at him or not. I have a cold case squad and will forward this information along to them to look at.

Thanks again.

I emailed him back and asked him if he can let me know what the cold case unit finds out.

My husband is out of town and I called him and told him about this "possible Match" - I know he thinks I'm crazy....I am so glad that I found websleuths because I know that I'm not the only one out there interested in trying to match UID's and missing people. It's like an addiction!! LOL

chaddylex

I am emailed the Mesa County Police Dept who is handling Jason Zinza's case (I wish I would have done that first) Hopefully I will hear back from them too!!

Here is what the guy emailed me back:

Thank you for letting us know about this missing person. I cannot answer if we looked at him or not. I have a cold case squad and will forward this information along to them to look at.

Thanks again.

I emailed him back and asked him if he can let me know what the cold case unit finds out.

My husband is out of town and I called him and told him about this "possible Match" - I know he thinks I'm crazy....I am so glad that I found websleuths because I know that I'm not the only one out there interested in trying to match UID's and missing people. It's like an addiction!! LOL

chaddylex

Yeah I can get caught up. The detective e-mailed me the lead detectives e-mail on the case I'm working on and she told me the matches I had found had been tried and eliminated. So, hopefuly they can tell you if they've already tried. I hope they seriously look into it.

Me too!! Thanks for giving me the push to contact them!!!

I did a followup email to the Coconico's police dept about the possible match. This is what he emailed me back:

The information and the missing persons flyer were forwarded to them. I know that last week the were checking on the status of DNA on both subjects. Zinza is close enough to our person that it warrants further checking, and that would most likely be DNA analysis. That will take some time.

Yeah

chaddylex

I did a followup email to the Coconico's police dept about the possible match. This is what he emailed me back:

The information and the missing persons flyer were forwarded to them. I know that last week the were checking on the status of DNA on both subjects. Zinza is close enough to our person that it warrants further checking, and that would most likely be DNA analysis. That will take some time.

Yeah

chaddylex

:clap::clap::clap:

Now I know this could be a family member but has anyone checked out the possibility that this person is JMZ? It's a record for a James M Zinza that was created in 2002, i.e., 7 years after this Doe's death.

Chaddylax, maybe you can ask a mod to put 'submitted' by this one. Great find!!

The UID's jeans were size 32W 36L. James was 170-200 Lbs.
I don't know anything about men clothes sizes. Would that fit? Just curious while we wait for DNA results.

I actually also got an email from the Mesa County Investigator on the case. (This is the county where James' family reported him misssing from) I will post tomorrow when I get to work (its on my work email) - They are being compared against both the UID and James DNA. The investigator is very nice. As I said I will copy and paste what she sent me in the morning. It looks like it could be a match, but to be honest, I think the investigator already had the UID in mind before I came across it.

chaddylex

ilovemew, 32W is one of the slimmest men's pant sizes as far as I know, and in the last photo on his page James looks thin so I think he could have possibly worn a 32W. I don't place as much importance on the length of the jeans because some men, including my husband, buy them longer and roll the cuffs.

ilovemew, 32W is one of the slimmest men's pant sizes as far as I know, and in the last photo on his page James looks thin so I think he could have possibly worn a 32W. I don't place as much importance on the length of the jeans because some men, including my husband, buy them longer and roll the cuffs.

Thanks taters!

This is the the first email that I received back from the Mesa County Police Dept:

Hi Janell, I am the Investigator on the Zina case. I am aware of the subject on the Doenetwork and I have already been in touch with the Detective from Coconino County Sheriff's Office. Thank you for your interest..

I then asked her if she thought it was a match and this is her response: Honestly don't know yet...both subjects have DNA..we are waiting for the comparisons to be completed.

She said she will keep me informed about what the outcome is. I emailed her the same time I emailed the Coconino County police dept (where the UID was found) and she just got back to me yesterday (I sent the email last week) - I guess better late than never.

Great, can't wait to hear, sound like they were already considering him when you e-mailed...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back