TX - Ex-priest accused of plotting teen accuser's death

Belinda

Doer of Things
Reaction score
SAN ANTONIO - Authorities say a former Roman Catholic priest charged with sexually abusing a teenage boy in rural Texas is now accused of plotting the teen's murder.

A spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety says 52-year-old John Fiala was arrested at his suburban Dallas home after meeting with an undercover officer to arrange for the teen's death.

More at link:
http://headlines.verizon.com/headli..._us_article&_article=3206667&_ref=articlePage

Boy that priest has truly abandoned everything he previously stood for. Thank goodness for the sting.

This is despicable! I didn't use to follow crime stories much, but I've never heard of a MFH plot to kill a teen.

Unbelievable! Did he really think he was going to get away with this???

Hard to imagine what goes on in this world. Sad.

How SLIMY and despicable!! Thank the stars for the neighbor who told. Otherwise this cowardly dirtbag might have succeeded in finding someone to carry this out. Where does this cr@pola end?!?

Boy that priest has truly abandoned everything he previously stood for. Thank goodness for the sting.

He didn't abandon anything.
This is who he truly is.
He just let his mask slip.
He never believed any of the things he hid behind.

Moo of course

CNN has a rather lengthy take on the matter:
Police: Priest solicited murder of boy accusing him of sex abuse
---
The youth met [Father] Fiala in 2007, according to [the teen's attorney, Tom] Rhodes. The attorney said the priest started "grooming him," buying him gifts including a computer and a car. In early 2008, when the boy was 16, under the guise of providing private catechism lessons, Fiala "gained access to him and began to sexually abuse him once or twice a month, including on church grounds," Rhodes said.
---
"This guy," Edwards County Sheriff Don Letsinger said, "is an evil man."
---
"I think he's cooked his goose now," Letsinger said of Fiala. "We know that pedophiles sometimes threaten their victims to keep them quiet. But this is kind of an older victim, and you wonder sometimes why they wouldn't come forward. ... I can see now the evil in this guy is pretty bad."
---

lots more at
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/23/texas.priest.arrested/index.html?hpt=T2

Am I the only one who finds it more than a bit disturbing that the LE is naive to what's out there running loose?

If I don't post within 3 days, please follow up. ;)

He didn't abandon anything.
This is who he truly is.
He just let his mask slip.
He never believed any of the things he hid behind.

Moo of course

I agree with you 100%. It's just so chilling to think this man went to such great lengths to accomplish his evil. We can never forget there are monsters among us and they will do anything in their power to harm our babies.

Unbelievable! Did he really think he was going to get away with this???

Of course he did. How many thousands of cases of children abused by pedophile priests are there nationally, internationally, where the priests are never are prosecuted for anything?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back