GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #9

I want to know if his parents house has a similiar layout. And are we sure it was happening in an upstairs bathroom vs downstairs?

<modsnip> I wonder if that is a common layout of homes around there. Part of his possibly knowing that that kind of layout was conducive for being covert. (Pre-meditation. Instead of taking them anywhere else).

when I saw the realtor pic of the ouside of the house - I had no clue what kind of houseplan it was. when I saw the inside pics, it became very clear to me how he could keep "disarray" hidden to anyone looking in a window. I was just wondering if he knew ahead of time or if that is a common floor plan in that area.

Not trying to upset anyone - but do we really think he just stumbled on to that tree? Or was that exact tree part of his pre-plan? I wonder about the house in the same way because it took place in broad daylight-(for part of it anyway) like he knew there was slight chance of being seen. JMO

If a topic is open for discussion and you personally don't want to discuss it-then don't.

Just wanted to point out for those who are squeamish about seeing pictures of the bathroom that according to the realty information, there were actually 2 1/2 bathrooms in that house. There are pics of the two full ones. We don't actually know which one was used for the horrid deeds. But going by the uncle's statement, it's reasonable to deduce that only one was used.

Cazzie, the mods don't generally read thru the threads - if you have a question, you can click on the Alert button & ask, or PM a mod for this forum.

HTH.

I was wondering about "the parents" house was it a similiar style? - (downstairs family room opening into garage, with a possible bathroom down there too?).

MH was in prison in Co. for what? 6 or 7 years?, then when he returned to Ohio apparently he literally camped outdoors here and there. It seems like he didn't have friends houses to hang out at.

What would make him feel so brazen that he could pull off his hideous despicable crimes during the middle of the day during the middle of the week? Mailmen are arriving, deliveries are being made, meter readers, kids coming home from school, etc.

Was he aware ahead of time he had a "perfect" layout? Why didn't he do it in the middle of the night and "squirrel" them away in his "nut" house? He would have had more time, and TH's home WAS going to be the FIRST place searched after the DQ call.

perhaps I'm not making sense. entirely possible.

I think the poster was perhaps thinking that developed neighborhoods often have similar housing patterns with rooms, windows, doors etc....with that in mind, if the his parents house was similar to Tina's, then he would know exactly how to break in easily....

Thanks, Peel. That's all I was trying to say. I am completely unfamiliar with Ohio. And seeing that the area seems rural - I didn't know if every single house was built differently by the owners (like around the many lakes near where I live).:eek::eek: It was from a previous conversation going on in the prior thread......

sorry for any confusion.

I'll be leaving now.

I think the poster was perhaps thinking that developed neighborhoods often have similar housing patterns with rooms, windows, doors etc....with that in mind, if the his parents house was similar to Tina's, then he would know exactly how to break in easily....

I did a screen capture of both houses & rotated them so that they can be compared side-by-side.

On the left is TH house and on the right is MH's parents home. Both captures were at the same resolution, etc. I'd say the layouts were probably not the same.

attachment.php

Edited to add:

If you look at the Knox County Auditor's pages, you can clearly see that the parent's house is different style (hint: click on 'sketch'). That's not proof that the layouts are different, but the parent's house is larger and has the "Attached Frame Garage" whereas TH's is a basement garage.

Parent's house:
http://www.knoxcountyauditor.org/Data.aspx?ParcelID=35-00285.000

TH's house:
http://www.knoxcountyauditor.org/Data.aspx?ParcelID=35-00014.000

<modsnip> I wonder if that is a common layout of homes around there. Part of his possibly knowing that that kind of layout was conducive for being covert. (Pre-meditation. Instead of taking them anywhere else).

when I saw the realtor pic of the ouside of the house - I had no clue what kind of houseplan it was. when I saw the inside pics, it became very clear to me how he could keep "disarray" hidden to anyone looking in a window. I was just wondering if he knew ahead of time or if that is a common floor plan in that area.

Not trying to upset anyone - but do we really think he just stumbled on to that tree? Or was that exact tree part of his pre-plan? I wonder about the house in the same way because it took place in broad daylight-(for part of it anyway) like he knew there was slight chance of being seen. JMO

It was stated by a man who knew Tina that her house was ransacked sometime within the past year...............I seem to think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 - 4 months prior to the murders. According to him, that incident wasn't reported to the police.

If this did, in fact, take place I would suspect MH of doing it. It would be a way of making himself familiar with the layout of the house.

I did a screen capture of both houses & rotated them so that they can be compared side-by-side.

On the left is TH house and on the right is MH's parents home. Both captures were at the same resolution, etc. I'd say the layouts were probably not the same.

attachment.php

Edited to add:

If you look at the Knox County Auditor's pages, you can clearly see that the parent's house is different style (hint: click on 'sketch'). That's not proof that the layouts are different, but the parent's house is larger and has the "Attached Frame Garage" whereas TH's is a basement garage.

Parent's house:
http://www.knoxcountyauditor.org/Data.aspx?ParcelID=35-00285.000

TH's house:
http://www.knoxcountyauditor.org/Data.aspx?ParcelID=35-00014.000

Great sleuthing, VV! The best I could do was look at close-up aerial views of both houses. They appeared to be very different in style, with the parents' house quite a bit larger. It's mostly in subdivisions where one company builds all the houses that you have similar styles within the same neighbourhood. (Ours is like that.) Out in the country, especially where TH lived, fairly segregated, they tend to be more individual.

JMO

No, just from driving by the parent's house and seeing TH's house ... no.

I don't want to say anything further, as it would drag the parent's personal info. into this, and don't want to go there.

Apple Valley is not a tract type neighborhood. Most of the houses have been built by private contractors/builders, some even by the Amish. The styles vary greatly, from very expensive luxury houses on the lake, to more typical family "middle income" type houses, to small vacation homes/cottages, with everything in between. There are also many empty lots, purchased to have access to the Lake and other AV access (beaches, golf house, party house, marina), or as investment. The area has a Property Owners Association, that all homeowners/lot owners must pay dues into (affordable, don't think condo dues, it's lower). To be on the lake or elsewhere, member ID is required. Some of the empty lots are actually owned by the POA for common use.

But I know what you're asking, and the simple answer is "no".

you see, I figure I'm doing good to type out the words on a forum and then there are people like you that actually know how to do things on a computer.....LOL....good job...

Thanks for your explanation, Ckay. Now I understand the lay of the land, so to speak. I appreciate it.

(some of us WS'rs might live smack-dab almost Downtown next to City Hall in our own cities. Not rural.
100 yr old houses, but downtown none the less) THANKS AGAIN.

I still think when MH went into the house the first time TH was the only one there. Once he had done away with her, he had some time in the house before SS arrived. And was able to familiarize himself if necessary.

But also in knowing that he was a burglar at one point. He may of very well been in the house before, possibly when they were all out of town or something. He had been watching them for a while.

He may of done the &#8220;ransacking&#8221; that is spoken of. But that doesn&#8217;t sound like MH. Seems like his MO would have been less obvious, so he could return without suspicion.

TH & GB bought the house in 2007, Hoffman moved to Ohio, to his parents home in 2007 after he was released on parole
Depending on the time over lap here if there was one, possibly MH had moved to his parents in 2007 before TH & GB had bought the home. MH could have even been in it in 2007 when it was still empty, previous to TH & GB purchasing it. Sounds like something he would of done while out snooping around.

Attachments

• screen shot.jpg
    screen shot.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 35
Furthermore -
This shot shows all three homes and their relation to one another.
No telling who all MH had watched in the period after he was released from prison.
It&#8217;s possible he&#8217;s been in several homes out there, and no one even knew.
Ya know - Parents off to work, MH hanging out all day by himself, wondering around, poking into things&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;

And no one is saying (don&#8217;t blame em&#8217;) MH may have been recently spending some time back and fourth at his parents home, his elec. was off - Bathing? Eating dinner? Washing clothes? Who knows? ( his house could of been partly gas though?)
But he may have been over there a lot.

I really don&#8217;t think his parents in anyway had any clue about any of this, or even MH&#8217;s activities.
He was 30 yrs old! His parents likely tried to stay out of his business, and still be supportive if they could.
His parents are probably devastated. I feel terrible for them. MH has made them victims too.

Attachments

• SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 46

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members