GA GA - Angela Brooks, 19, & Nancy Cushman, 17, Augusta, 25 Nov 2010

jaycee

Reaction score
Website
www.foruminternationaltalk.com
November 25, 2010

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Police are searching for a person of interest who they think might have information in the shooting deaths of two young women from South Carolina.

The bodies of Angela Brooks and Nancy Cushman were discovered in a wooded area by a passer-by early Thursday in Augusta. Brooks was 19 years old from Warrenville, S.C., and Cushman was 17 or 18 and from Warrenville or Beech Island.

The Augusta Chronicle reported that each had been shot at least once.
Authorities were searching for 26-year-old Travis Lorenzo Berrian who they believe could have information about the deaths.

Cushman's Cadillac Escalade was found abandoned about a mile and a half away. The women were last seen around 12:30 a.m. in the company of an unknown man.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/25/south-carolina-teens-fatally-shot-woods/#ixzz16M8x5cGm

Person Of Interest Sought

UPDATE 4PM: Investigators would like to talk with Travis Berrian. He is NOT a suspect, but instead a "person of interest" who could help investigators with this case. Official release from Captain Scott Peebles below:

At this hour Investigators are attempting to locate 26 year old Travis Lorenzo Berrian for questioning only in the murder investigation of Angela Brooks and Nancy Cushman. Berrian is only a person of interest, and is NOT a suspect in this case. Berrian may have information which could aid Investigators. Berrian is not wanted for any crime. Berrian is described as being 5’09” tall and weighs about 170 Lbs. Anyone with information concerning Berrian’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office at 706-821-1080.

more here

http://www2.wagt.com/news/2010/nov/25/18/breaking-news-two-females-bodies-discovered-ar-1133181/

POI's pic here

http://www2.wagt.com/news/2010/nov/25/i-just-saw-them-few-hours-ago-friend-shocked-shoot-ar-1134319/

Oh, dear...how awful. Now I'm worried about retaliation agaisnt the friend who told the reporter that he saw Angela and Nancy sitting in the car with the unknown man. His name should've been left out of the article.

So sad. I hope they find the person of interest soon, and that he cooperates. Those poor families :(

I'm disappointed that we've not heard the POI is in contact w/ LE....I hope something's weighing heavy on his heart & he does the right thing....or has a momma to lead him to it.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest...e-provide-double-slaying-details?v=1291051771

2 girls killed 'execution style'

Two Aiken teenagers found dead on Thanksgiving morning were led into a wooded-area in downtown Augusta by at least two men and shot – “execution style” – in the backs of their heads.

At a press conference Monday, Richmond County Sheriff’s Capt. Scott Peebles released more disturbing details in the deaths of Angela Brooks, 19, of Warrenville, and Nancy Cushman, 17, of Beech Island. The teens’ bodies were found by a passerby near a wooded path at the corner of Twiggs Street and Laney-Walker Boulevard early Thursday.

Initially listed as a person of interest in the case, Peebles said Travis Lorenzo Berrian, 26, is a suspect in the killings. Authorities are also searching for a second man who appears in surveillance video released by investigators.

“At some point after being led there (the victims) were placed side-by-side and shot execution style at that location,” Peebles said. “They were at least kneeling, possibly lying on the ground.”

Does anyone else find it odd that the young women (I don't refer to a 19 year old as a girl) were found by a passer-by at 2 am? They were spotted after midnight with a man. The bodies were reportedly "in a wooded area" near downtown Augusta. Possibly, a street person did report the bodies but it's also possible that someone involved reported a crime they didn't expect to happen and is now (hopefully) under protection. What time do bars close in Augusta?

Here's another view of Berrian:

http://www.myspace.com/479647932

Probably not feeling too "breezy" about now. I'm sensing that this is related to sex trafficking, rather than gangs or drugs. I'm very worried that these two young women knew something that put them in danger and were possibly getting ready to talk. JMO

Rest in peace, Nancy and Angela.

In looking at the map, the young women were found in an area around railroad tracks directly between a large park, May Park, and the Georgia College of Medicine and Paine College--all within about 7 blocks. There are also two large cemeteries beyond the park. It seems strange to me that the women would be killed where the shots might be heard or they could be easily found (not long after the murder) than at the back of the park or a cemetery just a few blocks away--especially given that there was transportation available--the older SUV.

In looking at the map, the young women were found in an area around railroad tracks directly between a large park, May Park, and the Georgia College of Medicine and Paine College--all within about 7 blocks. There are also two large cemeteries beyond the park. It seems strange to me that the women would be killed where the shots might be heard or they could be easily found (not long after the murder) than at the back of the park or a cemetery just a few blocks away--especially given that there was transportation available--the older SUV.

This is a very rough area of Augusta and is so for many, many blocks in all directions. This area isn't even safe during the day time. I'm not surprised they killer shot them in the "open", no one would have reported it.

http://www2.wjbf.com/news/2010/nov/30/richmond-county-investigators-searching-clues-doub-ar-1134345/

The two girls were shot execution style, side by side, at that location. Investigators believe there were at least two suspects at the scene, at the time the girls were murdered. It is believed the suspects then drove the Cushman's vehicle from the scene to the location on 2nd Street, where it was abandoned.

While arrest warrants do not yet exist, 26-year-old Travis Lorenzo Berrian is now a suspect in the case. Berrian had an intimate relationship with Cushman.

Surveillance video from Smart Grocery (3221 Wrightsboro Road), a convenience store at Wrightsboro Road and Fox Trace Drive, shows two men exit the rear seats of the Cushman’s vehicle, at about 12:20 a.m., on the morning of the murders. One of those men has been identified as Travis Berrian

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Originally, investigators believed that Travis Berrian, a suspect in the case, was one of the men in the video. However, it has now been determined that Berrian is not one of the men in the video.

From the following link: http://www2.wjbf.com/news/2010/nov/30/richmond-county-investigators-searching-clues-doub-ar-1134345/

The two men that were identified in the surveillance video had been questioned and released.

Berrian is still a suspect and I don't believe he has been located or questioned as of the time this article was updated.

I work at the hospital close to the area this happened in, and it is definitely not an area to walk around in. Travis Lorenzo Berrian has still not been located. I know he had a MySpace, did anyone ever find a FB for him??

From July 2013:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/crime-courts/2013-07-22/dead-probationer-had-long-criminal-record

A female probation officer was wounded and a probationer was killed Monday when both were shot as they struggled over a gun at the state probation office in downtown Augusta.

The officer was trying to take Travis Berrian, 29, of Augusta, into custody about 4:15 p.m. when the struggle began...

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/crime-courts/2013-07-22/dead-probationer-had-long-criminal-record

In 2010, Berrian was identified as a suspect in the &#8220;execution-style&#8221; slaying of Angela Brooks, 19, and Nancy Cushman, 17, though he was never arrested.

1686744775740.png
June 13 2023

''AUGUSTA (WJBF) – The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help regarding the murders of Angela Brooks and Nancy Cushman.

The 19 and 17-year-olds were found deceased on November 25th, 2010, Thanksgiving Day, near Twiggs St. and Laney Walker Blvd. They were last seen alive just before midnight at a friend’s home.''

''The victims were known to operate the 1999 Cadillac Escalade pictured here. It was last found at the intersection of 2nd and Telfair street''.
1686744901191.png
1686744949830.png
''Investigators say they were shot in the back of the head, execution style.
The sheriff’s office released a podcast about the incident.'
''If anyone know anything about the murders of Angela Brooks and Nancy Cushman, please contact the RCSO at 706-821-1020 or 706-821-1080.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back