Identified! TX - Humble, WhtMale skeletal, Sep'10 - Robert Hicks

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
HOUSTON —
Investigators announced Monday they need help identifying the skeletal remains of a young man found in Humble. ...

... the victim was a white man. He was between 18 and 25 years old and stood between 5 feet 7 inches and 6 feet 1 inch tall. ...

... According to officials, the two upper front teeth are crowns and the left lateral (smaller) incisor is placed behind the canine. The left first molar on the top appears infected. The medical examiner also reported the victim had a possible healed nasal bone fracture.

57963490.jpg

Watch and belt buckle found with remains

Additional Details at Link Below:
http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-skeletal-remains-unidentified-story,0,461626.story

This guy caught my attention because of his teeth.

Benjamin Lund
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lund_benjamin.html
lund_benjamin2.jpg
lund_benjamin5.jpg

It is not clear if his left lateral incisor (#10) is positioned behind his upper left canine (#11), but it is clearly out of alignment.

He also fits the description in terms of age, height, and DLC.

Killeen TX is about 200 miles from Humble TX.

Not a lot of detail to go by, but what there is seems to match well.

Also, the article says XXL jeans, and Lund's description says he liked baggy jeans.

Not a lot of detail to go by, but what there is seems to match well.

Also, the article says XXL jeans, and Lund's description says he liked baggy jeans.

I thought the old navy clothes was the shirt? I thought the Polo Jeans Co size unreadable would be jeans? I never have seen jeans with anything but numbers for size.

BL had a scar on his upper lip -- that would fit with the two upper front teeth being crowns. Also, the healed nasal bone fracture.

No the time frame is not always correct. I've seen quite a few identifications of persons who had been dead longer (or shorter) than the estimated postmortem interval.

Benjamin Lund 20, Msg 06/13/05, Killeen TX - Help Find The Missing
BL was a football player (wide receiver) and played basketball.

Also in the photo of him smiling, his two front teeth appear to me to be slightly whiter than the adjacent teeth.

I just called in Benjamin Lund as a possible. The woman on the phone was very friendly and happy to receive the info.

She said that so far, they are looking into only one male from Houston who had been missing for five years (although she did not indicate the name). She had not received Benjamin Lund's name yet.

I thought the old navy clothes was the shirt? I thought the Polo Jeans Co size unreadable would be jeans? I never have seen jeans with anything but numbers for size.
That is correct. RL makes "Polo" denim pants and they come in number sizes. The shirt would be the xxl. It is uncommon to have clothing and accessories named correctly or completely.

Just guessing, but the other male that they are looking at might be Robert Nickolas Hicks. He went missing five years ago (as the HCIFS woman indicated)

http://www.nampn.org/cases/hicks_robert_n.html
2037837490045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

He is one of only two males from Houston on my list who fit the vital stats and were missing 1 to 6 years back.

He was the first to come up on my radar, and might be a good possible because the scar on his face indicates a facial trauma that might have resulted also in a broken nose and the need to cap his two front teeth.

Thanks, I just misread that as Old Navy jeans and a Polo shirt. My bad. :blushing:

looks like the UID was Robert Nikolas Hicks.

his Nampn page is gone and a check of the Social Security Death Index shows that he is listed as deceased on Sept 11, 2010 in Humble, Harris County, Texas.

I should have checked the original article. the body WAS found on September 11, which exactly matches Hick's date of death in the SSDI.

Are we sure it was this UID that was identified as Robert Nikolas Hicks? I see Robert has been found but I want to be sure it was this UID, before I update the page.

TIA,

Salem

how is a link from Texas Equusearch?:

http://texasequusearch.org/2011/02/...nickolas-nick-hicks-19-yrs-houston-tx-062905/

clarification - the article does not say that his remains were found in Humble, TX, just that they were found.

I did a search on the SSDI and there were three deaths in Humble, TX on 9/11/2010. one was female, one was an 88 year old man and the third was Robert Nickolas Hicks.

the UID is not in Namus, Hicks's Nampn page is gone, he is confirmed dead at the same exact date and place of the UID.

Carl submitted a different name, Benjamin Lund and they did not get back to him. They would not disclose the name of the other potential match, although Carl figured out who it was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back