TN TN - David Warner, 12, Jefferson City, 2 March 1983

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Gone in the blink of an eye
No trace ever found of 12-year-old Jefferson City boy missing since 1983

David Warner was a slender kid with buck teeth, blond hair, dark eyes and an odd mix of personality traits.

He was 12 years old and still in fourth grade at Jefferson City Elementary School. Yet he was more intelligent than suggested by the report cards that had held him back.

[snip]

He vanished March 2, 1983. His fate remains Jefferson City's greatest mystery.

[snip]

The day "Little David" disappeared, he had received a rare A on his report card - for physical education. That afternoon, Bob Mabe's wife Joyce said, he planned to go to a function at a small independent church a few doors up the street from his Beeler Avenue home.

David walked up to the church. "He stopped and looked inside, but didn't go in," Joyce Mabe said. "Then, he went on up the street. I never saw him again."

He went to Druther's Restaurant in Jefferson City, and got the free hamburger the restaurant always gave to kids who made an A.

Later, he watched TV at a friend's house until 7 p.m. then told the friend he was going to his house, about 30 yards away.

[snip]

Authorities launched a massive search.

[snip]

No trace of David was ever found.

More: http://www.knoxnews.com/photos/2010/may/08/86876/

050910missing_t300.jpg

David's case is not listed on the website for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and he is not listed on the DoeNetwork.

Hopefully they will include him on their sites.

any reason why hes not listed on doe or ncmec. one of the links says he was street wise but not in a bad way "
He hung around an arcade and was a skilled pool shooter. Yet he was no troublemaker or delinquent."

""He just ran around town a lot with a little crowd of friends, not like he was prowling around," recalls Stan Shaw, who was a Jefferson City police officer when David disappeared. Shaw became a detective several years later, and re-investigated the case. David Warner was very friendly - and perhaps too easily befriended."

maybe someone lured him into the car. it said there was a possible sighting at a cousin of his father in florida but the witness turned out not to be credible

Bumping up for David:

Wow. This is really sad and to not have a clue after all of these years into David's disappearance. I remember reading somewhere that his father was considered a person of interest in the case that he could have been involved in some way, according to one of the investigators, because he believed that the father did not help much in looking for David. Another theory is that he was abducted, taken out of the area, and murdered.

Is there any more information about David's father that has surfaced over the years? I also recall reading that David was very trustworthy of everybody. It's interesting that the next morning, when the family realized that David was missing that it looked like his bed had been slept in. There is very little evidence in this sad case. Some believe David was abducted walking home from his friend's house, others believe that he was abducted at home, and others think that because he was street-wise, (not so good academically) that he planned his disappearance and ran away. Sadly, I think an abduction is the most likely outcome of this case. However, where are the clues?

I found a link that talks about the information above in more detail:

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/Jefferson_City_Cold_Case_David_Warner_138566424.html

Satch

In revisiting Charlie's projects account of David's case, some questions:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/warner_david.html

1.) It was established that David started out to go to church, but did not go in the Church. How far was the church from his house? His friends house? Did he talk to anyone along the way?

2.) When David went to the restaurant to get the free hamburger for the "A" on his report card, did LE interview anyone at the restaurant regarding David's mood at the time? Sources say that there were times when he would hang out with other people? Did David have any conversations with anybody at the restaurant?

3.) According to Charley Project, David's bed covers were arranged to make it look like he was asleep? If this was an abduction, it seems odd that the perpetrator would arrange the covers to make it look like he was asleep.

3.b.) Could David himself had arranged the bed covers, and for whatever reason had decided to run away? What evidence could have been found in his home or school that would suggest David would want to do this?

4.) According to family/ friends, were their any strange noises in the night or during the time that David left his friends' house till that next morning when it was discovered he was gone? If there were disturbances later that night into the morning, it could have been David planning to run away, Or tragically, was he abducted in the middle of the night? If no one heard a thing it is possible that David could have been abducted on the way home. So tragic.

5.) Other than David's father being a person of interest in the case, there were suspicions that he may have taken David. He was very uncooperative in the investigation. But why? I would like to know more about David's father? Did he take a polygraph? Results?

6.) Has David's friend turned up any information, (the one who's house David was at watching TV) before he vanished? What does he think happened to David?

Satch

Submitted as a possible for the Grateful Dead Fan Doe.

Thank you "Little Lulu". :)

In revisiting Charlie's projects account of David's case, some questions:

1.) It was established that David started out to go to church, but did not go in the Church. How far was the church from his house? His friends house? Did he talk to anyone along the way?

2.) When David went to the restaurant to get the free hamburger for the "A" on his report card, did LE interview anyone at the restaurant regarding David's mood at the time? Sources say that there were times when he would hang out with other people? Did David have any conversations with anybody at the restaurant?

3.) According to Charley Project, David's bed covers were arranged to make it look like he was asleep? If this was an abduction, it seems odd that the perpetrator would arrange the covers to make it look like he was asleep.

3.b.) Could David himself had arranged the bed covers, and for whatever reason had decided to run away? What evidence could have been found in his home or school that would suggest David would want to do this?

4.) According to family/ friends, were their any strange noises in the night or during the time that David left his friends' house till that next morning when it was discovered he was gone? If there were disturbances later that night into the morning, it could have been David planning to run away, Or tragically, was he abducted in the middle of the night? If no one heard a thing it is possible that David could have been abducted on the way home. So tragic.

5.) Other than David's father being a person of interest in the case, there were suspicions that he may have taken David. He was very uncooperative in the investigation. But why? I would like to know more about David's father? Did he take a polygraph? Results?

6.) Has David's friend turned up any information, (the one who's house David was at watching TV) before he vanished? What does he think happened to David?

Satch

David Warner has a Facebook page here set up for him here:

https://www.facebook.com/FindLittleDavidWarner

Satch

This is weather information on the date that David vanished:

http://farmersalmanac.com/weather-history/search-results/

Nothing unusual or unique.

We still don't know:

1.) Whether David made it home from his friend's house that night. His house was only thirty yards away!
2.) Was David abducted sometime during the night or into the following morning?
3.) Did he run away on his own? If so, why?
4.) Some have speculated that his Dad, whom I believe is now deceased took David to have a better life out of Jefferson City. We don't know if that is true, we don't know if David went willingly or was taken by force. It is know that David's Dad was not cooperative in the investigation according to LE. What was the relationship like between David's Dad and David? With David's Dad and the rest of the family? Charley Project says that David's Mother was only a teen when David was born. Legal adoption took place and David was given to his grandmother to raise. David may not have been conceived through marriage. Whom did David recognize as "Dad?" Maybe this person was involved in some way? It said that David was close to his family, and trustworthy of everybody. Perhaps an "easy target?" He had street smarts from hanging out with older kids.

Charley Project sources much of the above information above:

Satch

Regarding David's covers being arranged to look like he was in bed: I didn't take that to mean it was done on purpose, rather that at a glance it appeared that David was in bed. I never make my bed and several times I have glanced and mistakenly thought my husband or one of my kids were in my bed.

Appalachian Unsolved: 12-year-old boy still missing after 34 years

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/appalachian-unsolved-12-year-old-boy-still-missing-after-34-years/449689954

It was March 2, 1983. Reports show David went to what was then Druther's restaurant, now El Sazon for a late afternoon treat.

Where David went from there is unclear.

“He knew Jefferson City like the back of his hand,” said his aunt. “We know he stopped at the corner of Odell and Sycamore Lane, and that is the last known time we've seen him.”

David suffered from epilepsy, and deep down his aunt believes that was a factor in his disappearance.

“I honestly think because of his disease, he had a seizure and the people didn't know what to do with him,” said Nash.

[video=youtube;xZH_YZP9WTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZH_YZP9WTo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZH_YZP9WTo[/video]

Bumping up for David:

Wow. This is really sad and to not have a clue after all of these years into David's disappearance. I remember reading somewhere that his father was considered a person of interest in the case that he could have been involved in some way, according to one of the investigators, because he believed that the father did not help much in looking for David. Another theory is that he was abducted, taken out of the area, and murdered.

Is there any more information about David's father that has surfaced over the years? I also recall reading that David was very trustworthy of everybody. It's interesting that the next morning, when the family realized that David was missing that it looked like his bed had been slept in. There is very little evidence in this sad case. Some believe David was abducted walking home from his friend's house, others believe that he was abducted at home, and others think that because he was street-wise, (not so good academically) that he planned his disappearance and ran away. Sadly, I think an abduction is the most likely outcome of this case. However, where are the clues?

I found a link that talks about the information above in more detail:

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/Jefferson_City_Cold_Case_David_Warner_138566424.html

Satch

Hi, recently there has actually been some new info on this case, I do not know if it has been released to the public yet or not.. but there is a house right next door to where they lived and that house like many in rural areas has a septic tank. Recently this year (2019) when taking out that septic tank and draining it, they had found Boys clothing inside of it. It could be related to him but they are not sure. At the time of his disappearance the person whom lived in that house had a record for being a peeping tom and all around a and bad person in the neighborhood. So... yea thats really about it. We have images of the clothing found but unfortunately I do not have them on hand to link in this post. So hopefully soon there will be new info coming from these findings...
The reason I know this is because my aunt (davids mother) had shown me and told me about it recently at a Family Gathering.
Edit: here is a above image of the house in question and where the septic tank is..
lx4o8bO
gfzC5Av.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member