GUILTY PA - Rashida Anderson, 37, murdered, Philadelphia, 28 Nov 2010

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
WTH???????
We have parents killing their own children they birthed...
We have children killing their parents who gave their all for them....
I am sickened by what is going on in this crazy world!!
I am so sorry for family and friends. Prayers for you....
:banghead:

Another young man killing his mom violently like the Ugly Betty Actor. This is so shameful. Honor Thy Mother. What is wrong with these young people?
Can't or didn't they learn to control their anger? We need to do a better job with our children from birth and teach them to cope better.

May she rest in peace, the poor woman.
Too sad for words.

Goz...

What if she sexually abused her son??? or was abusive? I am not saying that is a reason for murder, but it would seriously change my views.

I recently came upon a vintage postcard which mentioned a murder of a woman by her young son. The date stamp was 1911. Sadly, this crime is old as time. It is always tragic but it's certainly not new.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...s_to_bludgeoning__cremating_sleeping_mom.html

When her 16-year-old son got into trouble last November, Rashida Anderson responded with punishment - she took away Kendall's PlayStation.

That proved fatal.

Following a 90-minute argument the day after Thanksgiving, police allege, Kendall went into his sleeping mother's bedroom, hit her 20 times with a claw hammer and ultimately killed her.

Not only did he beat his mother with a claw hammer AFTER pacing around thinking how he could kill her after she went to bed he then shoved her head and shoulder in the oven.

This kid thought he in effect could cremate his mother in the oven.

His mother was still alive when he stuck her head and shoulder in the hot oven. He then left the house for awhile When he returned she was still breathing. He knew he was in too deep so he finished the job. Then he drug his own mother who birthed him, and raised him into the alley by her feet and left her body in the alley.

This is the kid all they had to do when she was reported missing was follow the blood trail. Over a dang Playstation.

I think this kid's problems had to have run deeper than just the playstation. I hope they are throwing the book at him.

I have taken away many an electronic item including playstation. I do not live in fear that my child will murder me in my sleep.

I think this kid's problems had to have run deeper than just the playstation. I hope they are throwing the book at him.

I have taken away many an electronic item including playstation. I do not live in fear that my child will murder me in my sleep.

I never lived in fear of my children either but then I must realize that not all children are the same... especially in today's time. Very good parents can have very bad children and very bad parents can have very good children. Children are no more the same than parents are.

Most children will never murder anyone.... much less their own parent(s)... that is for certain, yet there does seem to be an increase in those who do.

I don't think his problems ran deeper if you are talking about some mental deficiency. I suspect he is another very shallow, materialistic, narcissistic, anti-social child..who doesn't conform to rules and rages when things are taken away from him.. even if it was from his own wrongdoing.

In the recent past I don't believe I have ever seen so many juvenile murderers who are murdering their parent(s) or even their parents and siblings as I have seen lately. I know of 7-8 just in the past couple of months and all of them seem to be highly ticked that something did not go their way. 1. Killed over X-Box taken away. 2. Didnt want to do chores. 3. Didnt like being grounded or disciplined. 3. Didnt like that the parents wouldnt let them date who they wanted to. 4. Financial gain. etc etc etc.

I do believe that more and more parents are being cautious and are locking their bedroom doors at night. As I read these cases that seem to happen more and more often, I don't fault the parents from trying to protect themselves from their very own children. That has to be so frightening to be afraid of the child they love. The Sutton case showing on IS now......they too feared their son so they got him help but it didnt work. He hired a hit man to murder his mother and father but his father miraculously survived although he is blind in one eye.

A lot of these kids come from good home so predicting who will become famicide murderers and which ones will not....... is impossible to discern.

IMO

I agree with every word of your post. I also do not think he has some sort of mental deficit or anything, I was referring to exactly what you described above.

This new breed of young people who we have raised up to feel some false sense of entitlement. A generation of kids who I sometimes call the gimmees. I think this kid has been off the rails for some time with unacceptable behaviors, the murder of his mother was probably an escalation of that process.

I agree with every word of your post. I also do not think he has some sort of mental deficit or anything, I was referring to exactly what you described above.

This new breed of young people who we have raised up to feel some false sense of entitlement. A generation of kids who I sometimes call the gimmees. I think this kid has been off the rails for some time with unacceptable behaviors, the murder of his mother was probably an escalation of that process.

I think all of us wonder what is causing this to happen. It is a crime against nature that is for sure.

I think there may be so many contributing factors but one may be that so many children now stay in front of a computer during all of their free time and do not socialize outside with others. If the child has no social skills then the trinkets i.e. video games, computer, movies, etc becomes more important and are valued more than human life.

Now, as I said in my previous post, most children do not resort to murder but it does make me wonder if the children of today are not as emotionally bonded to their parents or anyone else for that matter as they use to be and that is why perhaps we are seeing an escalation in juvenile murderers who kill close family members.

Maybe that is why when we see this happen ......often times the juvenile murderer shows absolutely no remorse or regret. Maybe they just cant feel any compassion because they don't have any for others.

Now of course after it is all over and way too late and they are facing punishment they may say they are sorry it happened, but IMO that is because it has effected their lives personally ........not the lives of their victims.

IMO

Excellent posts - mr. zig's son is verbally abusive, anti-social with adults, has a bad relationship with his mother, smokes a lot of pot. He had his phone taken away a week or so ago. He was ballistic. Then we all talked and he calmed down, agreed to house rules and everything seems fine, but I do not trust for a minute that it is. He is a kid who snaps, can't control his anger, has no remorse, has no interests except video games, doesn't sleep - he's up until 4 or 5 in the morning these days because he's home from school on home/hospital leave for broken leg...I LOCK the door every night.

I don't know what is causing all of this but the murder rates are not generally going up across "all segments" of society so it seems we can rule out chemicals in the water or whatever.

I am not a parent and am not fond of children but it isn't just the "gimmees" it is the overall mindset that these kids sometimes have. I wonder if their parents were always giving in to them and tolerating their behavior, in effect teaching them that THEY, the children are the only ones that really matter, that their feelings are almost the most important, and if they act out they can usually get their way -- teaching them to believe they have the absolute right to have their way.

Also I really have to wonder if these kids have acted out, as you stated, for a long time and this was just the icing on the cake, probably fueled by adolescent hormones and impulsivness.

Assume these kids are little sociopaths and only think about themselves; even sociopaths want avoid behavior that will negatively impact them! Were they raised in a lax submissive manner that encouraged it? When they got in trouble were they coddled and asked why they did this, or why they felt the need to, instead of just getting a harsh punishment that made them realize they really had better not do that again? I mean even if they have NO feelings for others if they were acting out they could still be punished at a YOUNGER age and learn to curb their behaviors.

Did the parents rarely or never punish them until things reached a tipping point in their teens? Did the kids have absolutely NO FEAR of punishment therefore they had NO engrained impulse control and no skills for dealing with their frustration?

I guess they could all be crazy, but I am sure generations past taught kids with the same personalities to curb their behavior after a few rounds with a belt at 7 or 8 years of age.

Mind you I don't have the answers, but I used to go by a saying my gram had "You can be spoiled and not fresh. You can be an only child given everything in sight and still be polite, and have morals".

This kid not only murdered his mother he stuck her in the oven. Being such a brainyard he was going to try and cremate her so there was no evidence.

Heck, alot of kids snap. They may even kill a parent. Murder a parent, but imagine dragging your own mother ya clawed with a hammer down the steps as she moaned. Lady was alive.

This is way more than instant messaging, too many computer games, and a fresh *advertiser censored*s attitude. He left the house. He came back and his own mother was still breathing and he in his own words finished her off.

If it wasn't his mom it was going to be someone else up the road I bet.

Thanks Kimster.

Interesting article here from Gamers it looks like.

Don't blame the Playstation. None of us were.

Kendall said he couldn't stand the arguing.

Arguing? At that age we were afraid to argue. There was no such thing as an argument between us and our parents. You kiddin me?

No doubt it will come out in trial what was going on here. Surely something in the link that Kimster gave us will surface here.

Poor lady may she rest in peace. RIP Rashida.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/02/16/confiscated-playstation-the-real-reason-for-murder/

Thank you for the link, Kimster.

I have done extensive research on this for decades.

In my humble opinion the motives are changing. There has been a shift in the motives we often see. That article was written in 2009. I cant count the cases I have read here and elsewhere since that time concerning juveniles who murdered a parent(s) or another family member.

I remember reading 5 cases in just one short week. These child killers were from 10 to 13 years old. Only around 10 children that age had murdered in the past two decades or so but now I seem to read about it way too often and it isn't that unusual anymore to see a very young juvenile committing premeditated murder.

Imo, it is extremely rare for an abused child to murder their abuser and most children who kill aren't mentally ill by judicial standards.

So imo the majority of juvenile killers I have read about in the last couple of years would fall into the category of a child with some type of conduct disorder, which is just another terminology given to a minor for being fledgling psychopaths, since they aren't diagnosed until the age of 18 as being a full blown psychopath.

To me the experts misconstrue the facts. Often what happens to the juvenile who murders one of their parents are both have their records expunged or the juvenile record of the outcome is sealed. If they are convicted on a lesser charge then it doesn't get recorded by the DOJ as a murder when that is exactly what it was.

I see it no different than when the so called experts and the media puts out erroneous information when they say it is rare for a mother to murder her own ..when the truth is they are just as guilty of doing it as often as the father. 61% of children who are murdered ....are murdered by one of their own biological parents. 31% of the time it is the father....30% of the time it is the mother. Yet if we listened only to experts and the media we would never know that that they both are running neck and neck.

So I have little faith about the information society is given by experts who continue to want to put out myths.

I have always felt if websites such as this one kept one thread for children who murder their parents or other family members it would show that it really isn't as rare as the experts try to pretend it is. And the motives many times are known. No mental illness. No abuse. Just in a murderous rage because they either had to do something they didn't want to do or wanted to do something that the parents didn't approve of.....or they didn't get their way about something.

IMO

So sad -- not sure if any of you caught Oprah today, where she had the young boy and mother on. He tried to kill her with a kitchen knife (but didn't thank God). Lot's of mental illness going on with him.

I don't think it's the Playstation - it could have been anything. One little thing could have set him off (such as, go wash your face, or brush your teeth).

There has to be something more going on with this teen, because sane people just don't do this. I hope he gets the mental treatment he needs, yet wonder if there were any signs prior to the killing. You just don't wake up one day and say "I'm gonna kill my mom".

MOO

Mel

So sad -- not sure if any of you caught Oprah today, where she had the young boy and mother on. He tried to kill her with a kitchen knife (but didn't thank God). Lot's of mental illness going on with him.

I don't think it's the Playstation - it could have been anything. One little thing could have set him off (such as, go wash your face, or brush your teeth).

There has to be something more going on with this teen, because sane people just don't do this. I hope he gets the mental treatment he needs, yet wonder if there were any signs prior to the killing. You just don't wake up one day and say "I'm gonna kill my mom".

MOO

Mel

Very very few murderers are insane.

And yes, some of them do just get up one day and decided to kill someone........even their own mothers or fathers.

It happens all the time unfortunately.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.