2010.11.30 - Search Warrants Unsealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the docs are released, please also link them in the non-discussion doc archive thread, as well, thanks.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119074"]Official Documents (Arrests, Charges, Warrants, Court Dates, etc) NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Jennifer Moxely tweeting that she's still waiting on copies. Will be live at 5 with as much info as possible.

I don't want to clutter this thread up too much with discussion before the docs are released, but I have to say I am less than pleased these will be released. IMO, if HPD didn't want them released, that is a good enough reason for me why they shouldn't be. Media curiosity is secondary to the needs of the investigation, IMHO.

ETA: Please note, I am not knocking the media, as they have a difficult and essential job, IMO. Just saying if LE feels there is reason to block the release, I would be satisfied with that as a reason to keep them sealed a bit longer.

I do hope this is not damaging to the prosecution that these have been released... but they also said it may be damaging the ability for the defendant(s) to obtain a fair trial. I really hope that it's the latter, or neither.

I do hope this is not damaging to the prosecution that these have been released... but they also said it be damaging the ability for the defendant(s) to obtain a fair trial. I really hope that it's the latter, or neither.

To me, those are one in the same. No matter how good the investigation, if the fairness of the trial is compromised, then it doesn't matter. Wouldn't want anyone convicted and have it be unfair, or have it overturned on a technicality.

Though many cases have had the warrants released, and 30 days is the standard release limit, so I guess it depends on what is in the docs that will make them negative for the investigation or the trial.

No matter what, I want all accused to have a fair and honest trial.

To me, those are one in the same. No matter how good the investigation, if the fairness of the trial is compromised, then it doesn't matter. Wouldn't want anyone convicted and have it be unfair, or have it overturned on a technicality.

Though many cases have had the warrants released, and 30 days is the standard release limit, so I guess it depends on what is in the docs that will make them negative for the investigation or the trial.

No matter what, I want all accused to have a fair and honest trial.

You're absolutely right.

my curiosity gets the better of me sometimes ...

Just a heads up. I just posted in the memorial thread that the family just changed the date of Zahra's memorial service and decided to make it private. In light of this release perhaps?

Just a heads up. I just posted in the memorial thread that the family just changed the date of Zahra's memorial service and decided to make it private. In light of this release perhaps?

If that's a coincidence, I'll eat my combat boots.

I'd like to be a fly ( or a bee :bee: ) on the wall when <KB> gets a load of what's in these new docs.

i'm on my old pc with windows 98 and can't read the docs :( can someone please give me a short version of what they say?

Is anybody watching the local news right now to see what they are reporting? I hope they post the actual documents on their sites.

I'd like to be a fly ( or a bee :bee: ) on the wall when <KB> gets a load of what's in these new docs.

I almost feel pity for her. That dam of denial is going to burst with the force of an atomic bomb.

i'm on my old pc with windows 98 and can't read the docs :( can someone please give me a short version of what they say?

We haven't actually seen them yet. They're in the hands of the news agencies. I'm sure once they're released you'll have more than enough to read right here. :)

:shocked2:

That is no coinky-dink. Methinks it is a hinky-dink.

"There are a total of 11 search warrants, consisting of about 100 pages, in the case. In one, police said they received conflicting information from Elisa Baker and Adam Baker, Zahra&#8217;s father, at the beginning of the investigation. Elisa Baker said the family went to an Octoberfest celebration the night before Zahra was reported missing, but Adam Baker said he hadn&#8217;t seen his daughter since the Wednesday before that."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25950739/detail.html

Emphasis mine. Now we have AB saying Thursday... Tuesday... and Wednesday the week prior?

FYI:

Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling

In an effort to keep case discussion constructive, name calling, general bashing and using derogatory name variations for any of the case players is not tolerated. Regardless of how we may feel about many of the people that are the focus of our discussion here,it is always best to elevate the conversation and avoid this type of posting behavior. Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players.

The full rules and policies of this board can be found here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please read them.

From this point on, since this forum might be moving fast tonight, the mods will likely not have time to edit, and posts not within the rules will be removed instead of edited.

Please familiarize yourself with the rules if you have not yet had the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy