GUILTY MO - James 'J.J.' Willman, 19, Woodson Terrace, 27 Nov 2010

Tuffy

Not really that tough...
Reaction score
Webslueths,

I don't know this family personally, but used to live in Woodson Terrace, so this case hits a little close to home for me. Please look out for him.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=230226&odyssey=mod_mostread

Woodson Terrace, MO (KSDK) -- Police are looking for a 19-year-old Woodson Terrace man missing since the weekend.

James R. Willman III, aka JJ, went missing just after 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning. His father was the last person to see him. Willman had been scheduled to work at a McDonald's restaurant in Earth City around 4:30 a.m. He never showed.

His family, friends and employer have not heard from him since.

On Tuesday evening, police found Willman's car near the rest stop at Interstate 270 and Riverview. The plates had been removed.

Willman is described as a Caucasian man, standing 5'10" with dirty blonde hair and a thin build. He drives a teal Buick Regal with no side mirrors and a large crack in the windshield.

KSDK

156152_1703971728481_1513626004_31702244_153322_n.jpg

Here is another picture of Jim (JJ) with a picture of a car that looks like his. He was last seen by his father, and his car was missing as well. His car has since been recovered at a rest stop, with the license plates removed.

150273_179007725445188_100000078857882_651878_8039907_n.jpg

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=230890

JJ Willman missing since Saturday, parents make desperate plea for answers

They released surveillance images of this person of interest on Thursday. And JJ's little brother says he thinks he knows who the person of interest may be.

"I don't recognize that person," said Angie Brown, JJ's mother.

"(He) looks like one of my brother's old friends from school...I'm not going to give any names, but my dad and one of my friends it looks like him, but we're not positive," Jake said.

<snip>

James Robert Willman, known as JJ, came home late on Nov. 26 or early Nov. 27, when his father, Jim, last spoke with him. Jim Willman said in an interview Saturday that his son seemed anxious that night because his cell phone kept ringing and someone was sending him texts.

"He was annoyed because he wanted to go to sleep and he had to get up early the next day for work," Willman said. "I wish I'd asked him more questions."

more here

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_9973335c-e270-5628-a42a-480217cde39b.html

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Family-of-missing-teen-starts-reward-fund-112457104.html

by Mark Schnyder
KMOV.com
Posted on December 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM
Updated yesterday at 11:07 PM

It's been a terrible Christmas for Angie Brown and her family. She hasn't seen her 19-year old son, J.J. Willman since Thanksgiving. He went missing two days later.

Now with the help of Regions Bank, Brown has started a reward fund with hopes someone with information on where J.J. is or what happened to him will tell police what they know (more on that at the end of this blog).

I watched the video linked above and was so heartbroken by his mother's and grandmother's words of sadness. Wonder if LE ever found out who the person was in the surveillance video? This is the person I would like to hear from in this case.

I was happy to find this thread. I saw the case profiled on Nancy Grace as well, but I'd never heard of it before then. I feel bad about that. I did some research and found a few articles (same ones linked here),but overall didn't find as much information as I would have expected. I'm so glad someone started a thread on here about the case.

I don't think missing young men get the same attention as missing girls, especially attractive missing girls. It's just the sad truth about how things are, for whatever reason. I'm guilty myself, because I am familiar with all of the same celebrated cases that everyone else follows, but I don't know a thing about cases like this. This is very disturbing and sad. I feel inspired and compelled to do a better job of learning about these cases that don't seem to get a lot of attention.

I'm hoping this has changed since the photo was first released, but I'm surprised they only had two tips come in at the time the surveillance first came out. There's a clear picture of the guy! It seems to me that police usually get hundreds of calls in cases where the suspect is a lot more difficult to identify than this. There's no way that more people didin't recognize his picture on the news. Coverage about things like this is usually shown statewide, so unless he is from WAY out of the area, people HAD to know him from wherever he went to high school, goes to college or works. Even if people weren't positive about his face, they had to recognize the clothes. Obviously nobody watches the news in that town, he's from far out of the area, or nobody wants to come forward. I'm inclined to think nobody wants to come forward.

I'm also curious about what the police aren't saying regarding why they have labeled this guy as a person of interest. They must have another reason other than the fact that he was in a gas station at the time the car was found in the area. My first thought was that that didn't seem like enough evidence to release a photo of someone, implicating that that person had something to do with a crime. The fact that this guy was at a convenience store in the area didn't cut it for me. However, when I thought more about it, the fact that the polic were not flooded with calls from him, his family or his friends to clear his name once they found out his picture was on the news is pretty telling.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2011/02/james-robert-willman.html
According to Chaney, Willman's 1995 Buick Regal was found abandoned three days later, near Interstate 270 and Riverview Drive, at the St. Louis city border. Both license plates on the vehicle, front and rear, had been removed.

"The interior and exterior of the car [had been] wiped down, leaving &#8230; no evidence," Chaney said.

Authorities have been unable to determine what happened; the only clue they discovered is surveillance video from a nearby convenience store that shows an unidentified young man entering the business. Another individual is visible outside the store, but police say it not clear whether that person is Willman.

Just reading about this case and noting that police seem to think the person on camera could be, might be Jim W. Also, on FB, some posters seem to think
he can be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back