MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
3boys.jpg

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of the three missing boys, or information leading to the location of Joann Taylor or is asked to contact the Morenci Police Department at 517-458-7104 or the Lenawee County Central Dispatch at 517-263-0524.

Media Links

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Please continue here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elepher50
Hi Cubby,

It does seem rather odd doesn't it. It is possible that the boys were spirited away by a fellow good Samaritan trucker and headed to extended family on the Skelton side. A lot of area has been searched by volunteers and official searchers with no real evidence found that we know of as yet.
Could that be why JS was on the turnpike early Friday morning? I rest my head every night with the naive thought that these 3 boys are safe somewhere - just not getting the normal jittery vibes for some reason. But have been wrong many, many times.

You know, I can't quite put my finger on it. Now I have not seen any cable news on this ( we only have free tv - unfortunately no sound with my computer ) but even Cindy A was panick stricken when Caylee was missing even though she avidly stood by her daughter.

Something is off here. Even as goofy as Haleighs case is with the family dynamics there was still sheer panic for Haleighs safety. 5-6 days into this knowing JS has been either hospitalized or incarcerated and I'm just not seeing the concern -sheer fear about these boys safety- from his family.

I know I'm limited without cable or audio on the computer but surely print media wouldn't miss it......

This is extremely far stretched but what if it was planned to take the boys 'underground'. Have JS incarcerated for a year on kidnapping charges and folks believing this was a foul play missing persons case in which the childrens bodies were never found. I know that is so far out there... but plausible kind of......

He admitted to killing his sons............I believe him...........now he should be a MAN and tell what he did and where they are.
He can be arrested whether LE ever finds a body or 3.
http://www.nobodymurdercases.com/tips.pdf

He could admit it but without further evidence of a crime LE is not going to prosecute solely on an admittance. There are too many cases of false confessions........

I've been a long time lurker on this site and finally decided to register.

I live about 40 miles north of Morenci and have been following this story closely.

I honestly think that JS's family is keeping these boys. There has to be someone else out there who knows the details and they're afraid to come forward. Maybe they never thought it would go as far as it did and they're scared they'll get in trouble, I don't know. I think that the grandmother, aunt, would be showing more concern for the boys, even if they thought JS was innocent. The fact that they don't seem to be affected by it really concerns me.

I've had a few friends go down and help with the search and everyone is just so heartbroken that there seem to be no clues to be found.

I don't feel that I have enough information about the family dynamics to make a decision about who is the wrongdoer in this situation. Seems that the media is focused on John Skelton, but we haven't heard a peep out of the boys' mother. I'm going to remain open to any/all possibilities because I know that there are at least two sides to situations that involve divorce and/or custody issues. jmo

I've kind of thought that too Cubby, simply because for someone who claims to love their family, he is showing absolutely no remorse at all for them being gone.

I can't wrap my head around how a parent who has pictures with genuine affection shown to their children could hate their spouse (whom he said he loves) enough to a) kill the children, b) dispose of them so callously and c) lead LE on a goose-chase with the apparent goal in being to never find their whereabouts. To me that seems to be trademarks of a stranger than of a parent who seems to have loved his kids.

I can't understand how he could be more concerned for himself than for his poor children dumped out in the cold, unless he really does know that they aren't out there, or he is completely out of his mind.

My heart hurts for the boys and for their mom, who may not ever get a chance to hold them alive again.

I don't feel that I have enough information about the family dynamics to make a decision about who is the wrongdoer in this situation. Seems that the media is focused on John Skelton, but we haven't heard a peep out of the boys' mother. I'm going to remain open to any/all possibilities because I know that there are at least two sides to situations that involve divorce and/or custody issues. jmo

BBM. I hope you mean regarding the break up of the marriage.
I don't think TS would have anything to do with her boys disappearance with all those searchers out there as a ploy to win custody. It would be far too risky....

I'm a never married single parent and have spent a great deal of time studying child support and custody issues. While we have not heard a peep from the boys mom she also hasn't been doing any mud slinging in the media like his family appears to be.

jmo

I remember the Manuel Gehring case pretty well, and I thought of it right away when I first heard about this case. The big difference, though, is that I think Gehring really did not know where he had left the children. They were found VERY far away from home.

This Skelton character knows the areas were he said he left them very well. I can't figure out what his game is at all. His mom and sister are "enablers" for sure, because he has committed a very bad crime whether the children are dead or alive. I would be very interested in what his wife has to say. I think she might know better than anyone what he is up to.

This is not a guy who has been pretending to be dad of the year (a la Terri Horman). He has pulled a few stunts, been very depressed, and has well-known problems with alcohol. I think his wife has a good idea where he is lying and where he is telling the truth. I believe the police are taking their cue from her when they refuse to accept his confession.

Welcome to Websleuths catydid and to all of our new members!!!​

thWelcomegroupglitter-1.gif

I think his wife has a good idea where he is lying and where he is telling the truth. I believe the police are taking their cue from her when they refuse to accept his confession.

Respectfully snipped...

I wonder if this is why she has stayed completely out of the media spotlight. Maybe LE has advised her not to say anything. Even her family contact isn't being quoted saying anything.

Also, there was an obit in the local paper of someone from Morenci with the same last name as TS maiden name. I'm sure they were related, but how, I don't know. He was 82 and passed away yesterday (Nov 30) which might account for some of the silence from her side of the family.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010...ents-talked-of-their-love/UPI-13151291253995/

This article contains many direct quotes from his FB convos with Tanya. His facebook is now private.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/12/read_the_lousyominous_poetry_o.html
Opinion piece regarding the news coverage of this case.

So, pretty much, nothing new in the news. I hate media lulls, they make me nervous in a case like this.

BBM...I will never understand why some people feel the need to post all of their problems out in the open in front of everyone on FB. I usually unfriend those people. However, in this case, it does provide some insight into the "type" of people they are....drama, drama, drama and loving attention. They seem somewhat immature to me. I'm sure it was a lot of fun in their home for those boys. :rolleyes: MOO!!!

BBM. I hope you mean regarding the break up of the marriage.
I don't think TS would have anything to do with her boys disappearance with all those searchers out there as a ploy to win custody. It would be far too risky....

I'm a never married single parent and have spent a great deal of time studying child support and custody issues. While we have not heard a peep from the boys mom she also hasn't been doing any mud slinging in the media like his family appears to be.

jmo

I try to remain open-minded when following cases like this because I have seen the media and folks posting on message boards rush to judgment about who did what to whom. In fact, in the cases that I've followed here on WS, I've withdrawn from discussions altogether when I feel that there's a possibility that someone is being railroaded for a crime that they might not have committed. I have had a strong sense of justice and fairness since childhood and do not like to see anyone accused of a wrongdoing for which they are not responsible.

People have told me that I would have made a good judge, and I'm certain that this is the reason that they say this: I do not rush to judgment until I have all of the facts. We simply do not have enough information about everyone involved in this situation to know exactly what is going on. jmo

I've been a long time lurker on this site and finally decided to register.

I live about 40 miles north of Morenci and have been following this story closely.

I honestly think that JS's family is keeping these boys. There has to be someone else out there who knows the details and they're afraid to come forward. Maybe they never thought it would go as far as it did and they're scared they'll get in trouble, I don't know. I think that the grandmother, aunt, would be showing more concern for the boys, even if they thought JS was innocent. The fact that they don't seem to be affected by it really concerns me.

I've had a few friends go down and help with the search and everyone is just so heartbroken that there seem to be no clues to be found.

Welcome to WS catydid: Thank you for joining and sharing your insight. Godspeed to the searchers - please thank your friends for their efforts in trying to find the 3 precious boys.

Also, there was an obit in the local paper of someone from Morenci with the same last name as TS maiden name. I'm sure they were related, but how, I don't know. He was 82 and passed away yesterday (Nov 30) which might account for some of the silence from her side of the family.

Just checked - he would be a great-uncle to TS (nee Zuvers).

Ele...you are fantastic with maps! Unfortunately, I am an idiot when it comes to reading them! But..yes..that looked to be the area where they were searching. I was under the impression it was just LE searching and that all volunteers had gone home at dark, but I could be wrong.

My sis drove out there bout an hour ago. As she was driving out, all the local news mobiles/vans/cars were passing her coming back IN to town...so they were all headed AWAY from Morenci...which I find odd. Why are all the news crews leaving?

The just published FB page (5 weeks ago) is in direct contradiction to TS "spokesperson" who said that Tanya has been trying to leave him for several years. 5 weeks ago she's saying in caps that she LOVES HIM....I'm wondering if there was some "trigger" that tripped him over the edge. Everyone says the custody stuff was going along fine, but then 5 weeks ago he writes that "he can't believe she would ever try to deny him his kids"....I wonder if she was okay, and then all of a sudden started to really use the kids as pawns as started jerking him around using the kids.

THis is NO WAY implies that she deserved what has happened!! Nobody does. I was just wondering about a trigger cuz from all that has been said, since sept...everything seemed to be pretty amicable and in October (AFTER the Florida running) she is posting she loves him.....

I honestly think that JS's family is keeping these boys. There has to be someone else out there who knows the details and they're afraid to come forward. The fact that they don't seem to be affected by it really concerns me.

Respectfully snipped. I would so love for this to be the case. I'm afraid my ability to think of positive outcomes for cases of this type died with the Susan Smith case. When I heard that no one had witnessed Susan Smith's supposed carjacking and that she and her husband were having marital problems I automatically assumed that she had hidden those 2 precious boys. I firmly believed it right up until the announcement came over the radio that they had found the boys in that lake. I was in my car, and I was so shocked I actually hit my brakes - fortunately it was a lonely road. I honestly never, ever thought that she could have done something so horrendous, especially with her show of tears and concern in front of the cameras. I learned a hard lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado