GUILTY CT - Gruesome triple homicide in East Hartford home, 23 Nov 2010

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...Times-Prior-to-Triple-Homicide-111110224.html

The investigation into a triple slaying in East Hartford has moved to Manchester, where police are searching the home of one victim's adult children, who have been named "persons of interest."

On Thanksgiving morning, police went to 154 Naomi Drive on a call and found the seen [sic] of a brutal triple homicide.

The bodies of Beverly Therrien, 74, and her caregivers -- Pamela Johns, 60, and Michael Ramsey, 53., were in different areas of the house. All three died of blunt force trauma to the head, according to the medical examiner. Police have named no suspects, but said they do not believe there is any threat to the community.

The Hartford Courant reports that police serving a search warrant on the Manchester home of Brett and Candice Bednarz left the scene Wednesday afternoon with boxes of items named in the warrant. They did not arrest anyone.

The Bednarzes are brother and sister, and the children of 74-year-old Beverly Therrien, one of three people found dead in the Naomi Drive home on Nov. 25.

http://www.courant.com/community/east-hartford/hc-ap-ct-bodiesfounddec01,0,3294480.story

Police called multiple times to home this year:

http://articles.courant.com/2010-11..._beverly-therrien-officer-lisa-freeman-police

Records show that Therrien had called police to file complaints about her children, Candace Bednarz, 52, and Brett Bednarz, 46, seven times since March. Records show that the children, who live in Manchester, also called police four times on their mother during that time. None of those calls resulted in arrests.

Police: Murder scene "exhibits extreme violence and trauma..."

http://articles.courant.com/2010-11...hartford-police-third-victim-beverly-therrien

East Hartford police Lt. Curtis Stoldt said the scene at 154 Naomi Drive "exhibits extreme violence and trauma with regard to the method and amount of injury to all the victims."

The victims were found Thanksgiving morning by police who went to Therrien's house to check on her at the request of an out-of-state relative.

Police found a gruesome crime scene...
The victims were found throughout the house. Beverly Therrien died of head trauma, the medical examiner's office said.

This is a few blocks from where I used to live. Suffice it to say, I moved away NOT long after getting there.

It sounds like this was an escalating feud over the deceased father/husband's possessions...that just makes me ill. Poor lady's been beat up over and over about this and now killed (yeah, protection orders are so effective, eh?) - how SENSELESS! I'll never understand people's motivations to fight or become violent over "stuff."

At least she doesn't have to live in fear anymore and can rest easy now.

Wow -- Police records reveal that Beverly Therrien and her grown children, Candace Bednarz, 52, and Brett Bednarz, 46, had called police over and over again, complaining of harassment and stealing, the newspaper reports.

How can grown adults treat their aging mother that way. It's just sickening.

And I'll assume this was all over money!

MOO

Mel

These "grown children" sound like disgusting human beings!! Poor woman, being elderly and having to worry about her grown children 'offing' her-- SICKSICKSICK!! :furious:

very strange that his wife is not listed on his obit

what is going on in these violent family dynamics

When I was in college, I worked for the legal department of a major credit card company, handling fraud complaints. A HUGE percentage of the complaints were from senior citizens whose (adult) children were stealing the credit card / credit card information, etc. It's always amazed me that children steal from their parents in the way(s) that they do and then to kill them over it?

I have looked for updates to this case, and can find nothing except this article. The son was arraigned in December on unrelated charges and held on $515,000 bail. The murder case is still open, as far as I know.

http://www.courant.com/community/ea...-triple-homicide-ther20101214,0,4418265.story

December 15, 2010

MANCHESTER—
Beverly Therrien loved her son, but she didn't want him to beat her any more, she told a judge between sobs in October.

"I never want Brett to come near me again," she said in Superior Court in Manchester as her son was being sentenced on a breach of peace charge. "After I'm dead, he can go in the house and take what he wants."

Therrien, 74, and two friends were found beaten to death in her East Hartford house on Thanksgiving Day, just a month after testifying against her son. Police have named the son, Brett Bednarz, and his sister, Candace Bednarz, "persons of interest" in the slayings. The siblings have not been charged with the crime.

The mother and grown children had been involved in numerous disputes, accusing one another of harassment and stealing, police records show.

Therrien talked about her son at his Oct. 27 sentencing on a breach of peace charge. The charge stemmed from a March incident during which he was accused of placing a broomstick across her lower abdomen and pushing down with force, court documents state.

Her words were referenced in court Monday, when Bednarz was arraigned on unrelated charges and bail was set at $515,000. He remains in custody.

GREAT news!

What a horrible crime. I hope they've done a thorough investigation and have enough to convict him.

Bednarz has been charged with capital felony, and could be eligible for the death penalty, even though the state has abolished capital punishment. The crimes occurred before the change in the law.

http://articles.courant.com/2012-11...1_brett-bednarz-naomi-drive-home-pamela-johns

Shortly before her death, Beverly Therrien wrote to prosecutors in Manchester that she feared her son.

"I lay here night after night wondering if Brett will come back here to hurt me again," she wrote. In a conversation with a court clerk in Manchester, Therrien said "she felt Brett Bednarz would kill her," according to the warrant for his arrest.

The killings were especially brutal. The victims each suffered massive head injuries. The murder weapon was never found, but police suspect it was a drywall hammer. Blood and brain matter were splattered from floor to ceiling in some parts of the house.

Heinous!

I hope he rots. Awful awful man. I will never understand those who abuse the elderly but your own mother, who gave you life, just abominable.

Man Charged With Murdering His Mother Won't Benefit From Estate Before Case Is Resolved

http://articles.courant.com/2013-01..._1_brett-bednarz-pamela-johns-candace-bednarz

EAST HARTFORD — — Brett Bednarz, who is accused of killing his mother, Beverly Therrien, and two of her friends, will not be able to inherit anything from his mother's estate before his murder case is resolved, a probate judge said Thursday.

Judge Allan T. Driscoll said during a hearing that he "would not distribute his share [of the inheritance] until this is resolved."

Bednarz stands to inherit cash and interest in two houses from his mother. But under state law, a person found guilty of murder or capital felony will not inherit or receive any part of the estate of the deceased.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back