GUILTY CA - Ana De Ceja, 26, slain, infant son abducted, Planada, 2 Dec 2010

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Merced Sheriff's Deputies Looking For Missing Mother & Son

The Merced County Sheriffs Department is asking for the public's help to find a missing woman and her infant son.

Deputies took the missing person's report Thursday night in the 1500 block of Plainsburg road in Planada.

26-year-old Ana Lila Diaz DeCeja and her infant son, two-month-old Anthony Ceja-Diaz, were last seen Thursday.

More: http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=13614996

13614996_BG1.jpg

Snelling homicide, missing Planada woman and baby being jointly investigated by sheriff's office

The Merced Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Division said it continued its investigation through Thursday night in the homicide of a person burned beyond recognition near Snelling.

In an ominous twist, as officers were conducting that investigation, the sheriff’s Patrol Division took a missing person’s report in the 1500 block of Plainsburg Road in Planada.

Missing are Ana Lila Diaz DeCeja, 26, and her infant son, Anthony Ceja-Diaz, two months old.

[snip]

Positive identification hasn’t been made on the body found near Snelling, and an autopsy is still pending. The Sheriff’s Office said it’s conducting a parallel investigation into both the missing person’s case and the homicide. No further details will be released on either case, at least for awhile, to protect the integrity of both investigations.

Read more: http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2010/12/03/1678827/snelling-homicide-missing-planada.html#ixzz177aXuMix

Merced County mother and newborn son are missing

Merced County Sheriff's Deputies are asking for the public's help to find a missing mother and her two month old baby.

26-year-old Ana Diaz De Ceja and her son Anthony Ceja-Diaz were last seen at their Planada home Thursday morning.

Detectives are still trying to identify the body they found Thursday night. They don't know yet if it's the missing mother. So right now they're focusing on finding her and her infant son.

[snip]

Detectives say it is possible the victim found in the orchard is Ana Diaz De Ceja. But for now they're actively searching for both the mother of two and her infant son. The case does not meet the criteria for an amber alert since it's unclear whether the baby has been abducted. But the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is assisting. And now authorities and relatives are also asking for the public's help.

More: http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=7824134

Praying for the best outcome on this, as well as the loved ones of the victim LE has located.

If it makes anybody feel better... it sounds like the odds are good this body is not her.

For the body in the orchard to be her, the time line is pretty tight...If the family is even close on the time, within 2 hours... then this body was burning before she even left the house.

It would be nice to hear from neighbors who saw her leave if they think she was gone by 9:30am. Hopefully one of these witnesses had an appointment they were leaving for at a certain time or something... so they are sure about the time.

If for some reason it is her body and only her body... then I'm going to wonder about someone killing her for the baby.

Where is the baby's father?

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2010/12/03/1678827/snelling-homicide-missing-planada.html#ixzz178WsjzcV

"Neighbors last saw DeCeja getting into her blue 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche, California license plate 7J73455, sometime Thursday, according to the news release. The vehicle is also missing.

"Since yesterday, we don't know the exact time, probably 11:30 a.m. onwards, she's been missing. She took her car, and we don't know anything," said her 18-year-old brother, Rodolfo Diaz. "She had an appointment at Golden Valley (Health Centers, but she never went."

On Thursday, farmworkers found a badly burned body in an orchard
west of Snelling, in the 3200 block of Keyes Road. The workers reported seeing smoke rising several yards away about 9:30 a.m. They weren't suspicious because they thought someone might be burning garbage. Detectives said the identity and gender of the victim haven't been determined. The body was burned beyond recognition.

Preliminary results from that autopsy probably won't be available until next week."

Where was her 5 year old son when she and baby went missing? In school? Who got him from school?

It seems she left in a hurry...
bed un-made (which seems odd to her bro)
no formula for baby.... (both from link above)

Thanks for the timeline clarification, MsFacetious. I was very worried about someone killing her and taking the child. But that timeline looks very, very tight. Unless they have the times wrong, of course, which is always possible.

I do wonder where Ana and her little baby are. It's concerning that she missed her appointment. I wonder if it was for her or the baby.

both mom and baby have 8 week check ups... Well usually mom's post pardum check up is at 6 weeks. but can be stretched out to 8. Also babies have 8 week check ups as well. (Mom of 5 kids LOL)

Well, no formula for the baby... what does that really mean?

If she was just leaving for a doctor's appointment, she might just take a few bottles for the baby and not the can of formula. Or, she might have samples, or another can that they didn't know about? I only took the can if we were going into the mountains, or during bad weather... in case we got stranded. I always had an extra in the car. Sometimes I had one can at home, sometimes 12.. it depended on the sales.

I highly doubt her family knew precisely down to the scoop how much formula she had.

If she was running late, maybe over slept or baby didn't sleep well... maybe she didn't have time to make the bed. Especially with a 5 year old as well who may not have been totally cooperative that morning.

Where was her 5 year old son when she and baby went missing? In school? Who got him from school?

Someone killing her for the baby is a concern. Though burning the body seems extreme in that case.

However, I still haven't seen mention of the baby's father. I wonder about the baby's father as far as his background and could this be targeted at him? Gangs, drugs, whatever. Does the 5 year old have the same father or is she in a new relationship? Was this baby planned or a surprise? Are they together or is he having to pay child support?

I'd also like to know who the appointment was for and what time it was at. Most likely baby's 8 week check up. Though, the place she was going appears to have both Pediatricians and a Women's Health Center... so she could have been going to both even with different doctor's.

http://www.gvhc.org/

Thanks for the timeline clarification, MsFacetious. I was very worried about someone killing her and taking the child. But that timeline looks very, very tight. Unless they have the times wrong, of course, which is always possible.

I do wonder where Ana and her little baby are. It's concerning that she missed her appointment. I wonder if it was for her or the baby.

We had formula around just in case of being exhausted and needing hubby to feed and by then i usually didn't have a huge supply frozen yet but for my bio children I breastfed.. is it possible she was BFing???

We had formula around just in case of being exhausted and needing hubby to feed and by then i usually didn't have a huge supply frozen yet but for my bio children I breastfed.. is it possible she was BFing???

Yes very possible, I did so I didn't have cans of supplies. If she left in a hurry, was she in the middle of preparing bottles for the day and they found all bottles and supplies on the counter? With her brothers statement, I had questions. Did he mean she didn't take bottles? A bottle? He was the one giving the info and seemed to know the dynamics of her household. He found it out of the ordinary to mention unmade bed, like he knew that was unusual or why mention it, kwim?
He was w/her other son during the interview, how did he get him? Did he live w/her? no mention of the Dad...
Many questions with only limited info supplied so far.

If she was breastfeeding then not taking the formula would make even more sense... and not finishing up something on the counter could again be consistent with "oh no, look what time it is! We have to go now or we will be late!"

I never, ever leave something unfinished on the kitchen counter. But that definitely would not be enough to suggest that I had been abducted. My brother might call the cops if I left my camera bag at home, but not if I left the house a mess. The house might be a mess when we have to rush to the ER, but I always grab the camera bag. It has ID, insurance cards, money in addition to the camera.

The only thing I can think of, is if the brother had been sent to the store like that morning for formula...because they were totally out... and it hadn't even been opened. I guess that would explain how he would know she hadn't taken ANY with her. :waitasec:

And I still want to know about both boy's father(s)....

She was probably running late for her appointment at the health center. Just a thought.

She was probably running late for her appointment at the health center. Just a thought.

That's a good thought. I wonder what time her appointment was supposed to be. She never made it...

If she was running late and planning on going straight to the appointment, that opens up the possibility of a car accident. But Planada seems very small and rural. Not a lot of places for a car to disappear, too.

Deputies in Merced County are also investigating a burned body found Thursday in Snelling, but at this point they aren’t connecting the two cases.

http://www.cbs47.tv/news/local/stor...Woman-and-her-Son/4nLdXonxGkGzbH075vd0Eg.cspx

I'm hoping that is a sign that they realized the time line simply didn't match up... and that it couldn't be her. Or that they have confirmed it is a male or some other distinguishing characteristic that eliminates Ana.

Has there been any mention of the baby's father, or if Ana is married/engaged/single/dating etc?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back