Staton confident this case won't end up in the cold case file

loves2bmom

Reaction score
I guess this is either a preview of tomorrows article or the whole thing??? The Febuary 1st deadline jumps out at me here...and makes me even more sad! :(

"The sheriff is pushing for something to shake loose by Feb. 1, the end of a 120-day deadline he set for the task force and when he reports back to county commissioners about the status of an investigation that has cost nearly $1.4 million as of Nov. 2."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/12/multnomah_county_sheriff_dan_s_2.html

This is also new information we have not heard before:

"Divers recently searched the Multnomah Channel off the island to check out a tip: A group fishing for sturgeon with sophisticated sonar gear detected something they hadn't encountered before. They tried to hook onto it, but their line broke, and they estimated its dimensions as similar to a duffel bag. Divers only turned up river debris. Last month, a dive team clearing access to a waterway located a large bundle of carpet that seemed to be weighed down. Turns out, it was discarded carpet and rocks."

...They lack any physical evidence of Kyron or any physical evidence that links anyone to his disappearance."...

"Our biggest hurdle, we don't have the kid, alive or dead."

..."Barring an unexpected evidentiary development, this investigation is going to continue for months."

(from Oregon Live article linked above)

...They lack any physical evidence of Kyron or any physical evidence that links anyone to his disappearance."...

..."Barring an unexpected evidentiary development, this investigation is going to continue for months."

This article sure sounds like they have nothing doesn't it? :( I hope LE does an updated press conference to give me more confidence. Because it just went south.....

This article sure sounds like they have nothing doesn't it? :( I hope LE does an updated press conference to give me more confidence. Because it just went south.....

Yeah, kind of scary...targeting February to have something to say, but it's all maybes...

So sad they are no further along in finding Kyron or what may have happened to Kyron....and I believe "the Kid" has a name, and it's Kyron. How disrespectful...!

"Investigators suspect more than one person was involved in Kyron's disappearance ..."

" A grand jury heard from at least 40 witnesses, and continues to meet intermittently."

"... persons of interest had emerged whose alibis on where they were during the six crucial hours before Kyron was reported missing didn't stack up."

"The task force continues to sort leads, identify persons of interest, and track Terri Horman's e-mails and phone calls before Kyron went missing, afterwards and since,..."

IMO, there a some (well) hidden nuggets of hope in this article. No "nuggets," however, indicating they are any closer to finding Ky. :(

That quote was from Task force Supervisor, Keith Krafve, about "the kid"...

It does not sound as though they are finished eliminating all sex predators...

...They must also identify and eliminate child predators and sex offenders living in the area.

"They're a lot further along...they started out with a long laundry list."

It does not sound as though they are finished eliminating all sex predators...

...They must also identify and eliminate child predators and sex offenders living in the area.

"They're a lot further along...they started out with a long laundry list."

That really startled me. I would have thought that known sex offenders would have been amongst the first people they'd want to check out.

Makes me wonder if they were focused in on one possibility too early.

Well,There is this recent sexual preditor with a blond female I'm in interested now.

http://www.flashalertportland.net/press-releases.html

Portland Police Investigate Attempted Abduction in SE
Portland Police Bureau - 12/03/10 This afternoon, Friday December 3, 2010 at approximately 12:52 p.m., Portland Police officers responded to the area of Southeast Gladstone Street and Gladstone Drive on the report of an attempted abduction. Officers arrived in the area and contacted the victim, an 8-year-old boy. The victim told police that he was walking to a friend's house when he was approached on the corner of Southeast Gladstone Street and Gladstone Drive by a van traveling west on Southeast Gladstone Drive. The victim told police that the van pulled up alongside him and that a subject inside opened the sliding door and asked the victim if he wanted to get inside. The victim told police that he refused and that the suspect reached out and tried to grab him. The victim told police that he ran away to a friend's house in the area then went home where his mother called 9-1-1.

The victim described the suspect vehicle as a dark green full size "work" van with the sliding door on the driver's side.

The driver was described as a male in a dark ski mask, dark clothes, possibly with hazel eyes.

The person who tried to grab the victim was described as a white male in his 30's-40's, medium build, light colored hair, a 2" or longer goatee, dark clothing, and possibly hazel eyes.

The victim told police there was also a female in the van described as a blonde in her 30's, a thin build, possibly a tattoo on one of her upper arms, and dark clothing.

Officers searched the neighborhood for any similar vehicles but did not locate anything that matched the description.

Anyone with information about this incident or this vehicle is urged to call Portland Police.

It sounds similar to this sexual preditor in october 8.

http://churchill.kval.com/category/story-categories/crime

I am still VERY interested in this preditor or person associated with the school.

http://beavertonpolice.org/publications/press2010/Updategpsa.pdf

What I got from the article .
They were talking about what they had to do in the begging of the investigation. All of the things they had to look into, sex offenders, human trafficking, child predators and any other scenario, that we can come up with, and I'm sure they looked into, these were on their laundry list. I did not get from the article, that these were thing's they still had to look into.
It looks to me that there are, person or persons of interest, who's alibi, on that day didn't stack up and after every thing else had been looked into, this is where the investigation is headed.

Also with all the possibly 3 preditors I mentioned above.LE might not have interviewed them because they do not know who they are.

The article mentions that they (MCSO) took the parents to lunch last month and that they asked them to coordinate with them before issuing releases...I imagine this is after the latest came out from Desiree about those e-mails they were shown..."we want to keep them appraised...but asked that they please coordinate with our detectives before putting out any release," Staton said.

So it sounds as though Kaine and Desiree had not been doing that...

There is a stranger abduction thread let's keep that discussion on that thread except in general terms, and discuss this new article on this thread please.

So is there an unnamed person who LE suspects helped Terri that Friday? Is it the landscaper? There seem to be some tantalizing clues to another person being knee deep in this...Kyron possibly being seen with a man by the truck in front of Skyline and the fact that it doesn't seem possible for Terri, given her timeline, to have gotten as far north on Sauvie Island as they have been searching. Are the cellphone ping records of interest from that person as well as Terri? It does say they have sought a slew of records.

Nothing is more obvious than the fact that we are looking through a foggy glass at LE looking through a foggy glass trying to see what happened to Kyron. A lot of fog to try to see through.

Overall, I found this article made me sad. It does not seem that an arrest is coming soon or that LE is any closer to figuring out what happened to Kyron or where on earth he is. And as they are still stating so emphatically here that there is absolutely nothing that points to Kyron being deceased, I don't think they will be trying a case unless they are able to find him. That or a confession, I believe, are going to be necessary, and I guess finding Kyron is the option with the slightly better chance of happening.

I also gathered that LE has not been endorsing Desiree and Kaine's statements and has more or less asked them to refrain, unless clearing it with detectives first. So it is hard to tell if anything we have heard over the months is even supported by LE.

I know they are doing everything they can and working as hard as they can...it is kind of ironic, in a way, if Terri guilty and she eventually gets charged, it will more likely be from mistakes she made after, rather than during, the crime. As they say, they have no physical evidence of any kind.

LE has officially named TH a suspect now. I'm glad they are still looking at other avenues as well, however!

"The task force continues to sort leads, identify persons of interest and track Terri Horman's e-mails and phone calls before, after and since Kyron went missing, and it has enlisted the help of the Oregon Department of Justice to analyze cell phone tower records, and a regional lab to review computer files of potential suspects.

They must look at all potential theories: They suspect Kyron's stepmother's involvement, but did she pass the boy off to someone? Could the boy have been taken along the I-5 corridor and out of the country? They also must identify and interview child predators and sex offenders living in the area. "

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back