Why dismember?

Shear22

Reaction score
Something that I have been wondering is why do the dismembering at all. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me. No matter how Zahra died or who killed her it seems to me that it would have been much easier and cleaner to dispose of the body whole. Dismembering her leaves a) a big mess, as evidenced by the search warrants and b) multiple dump sites for the body, increasing the likelihood that some of her will be found.

What could be the reasoning for this? Or am I foolishly looking for logic in the mind of the irrational?

Something that I have been wondering is why do the dismembering at all. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me. No matter how Zahra died or who killed her it seems to me that it would have been much easier and cleaner to dispose of the body whole. Dismembering her leaves a) a big mess, as evidenced by the search warrants and b) multiple dump sites for the body, increasing the likelihood that some of her will be found.

What could be the reasoning for this? Or am I foolishly looking for logic in the mind of the irrational?

Plans made while doing meth?

Thought the evidence would be harder to find?

That the cause of death would be harder to determine?

Z's intact body would have convicted EB, but getting AB to manhandle and dismember the body involved him so much in the crime scene it gives her a fighting chance at a defense?

I think EB is the director/creator of this plan and Adam did what he was told (not excusing him or minimizing) but I think she was in the drivers seat.

I may be giving her more credit than she deserves, but I think she is a really good manipulator.

I think it was effective, as plans go. Obscure the COD and what can you really be charged with? Pretty well thought out in my mind.

They knew that someone was going to come looking for Zahra eventually. She was on the radar of quite a few people, not to mention DSS. Apparently thing had gotten to the point where they could not cart her around anymore if you believe the decomp hits by the dogs.

Scatter her to the 4 winds and hope that you can claim she died a natural death which they were "afraid" to report. It probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

It takes a lot of stones to take someone apart-especially a child. I would love to know if either of them grew up on a farm? You have to be able to detach yourself I would think.

IF it turns out she was raped, then an autopsy would have shown this. If they dismember the body, that evidence goes away. (In their twisted way of thinking)

JMO IMO :cow:

The only reason to dismember that makes any sense to me is to conceal whatever evidence the body might have provided, be it molestation/rape, physical abuse, or a combo of both.

JMO

I have thought about this for along time. I think it was either to hide sexual abuse or even just physical abuse. If not that id say it was just another way to to get evil kicks. I guess it could also be to make moving a body less noticable. IMO if that was the case why take her out in a big car cover and comforter. Im leaning more towards just pure evil thinking. JMO

I too have wondred about the dismember thing - why? It just makes no sense to me. I read someplace they they may have used a wood chipper on part of it - well I would think they would have put the whole body (sorry for even thinking this) through the wood chipper. Seems it would have been easier to discard with a bunch of yard type materials. There was a lady who worked on a clean up crew in my area, got her sleeve caught and it pulled her thru the chipper, they was not much left of her. So very sad to think of wht this child had to go thru duing her life to be treated like this in death. I am not decided if she died of natural causes or someone killed her and I cannot imagine her dad not knowing why she stayed in her room all the time or at least not checking to see if she wanted something, moody or not.

Believe09
I respectfully snipped your post,
I would love to know if either of them grew up on a farm? You have to be able to detach yourself I would think.
I would like to know also. Some people do not respect anything and detach themselves from GOD's creatures.

But farmers I know don't get detached to their animals, really.......we care for them.
We are sad when we lose an animal, we have vets, bury them in our fields.
As for livestock, they are auctioned or go straight to a slaughter house.
We have never butchered. We sell live live stock.
Our children are usually in 4-H and farms are handed down into generations.

But I am sure allot of people never BOND with their own children!

IMO, to dismember someone especially your daughter.........and how many dismemberments did they do? Just limbs?
we aren't told;
under the influence of drugs, beliefs? of EB,Eb & AB kicks,
hide true way Zahra died, mean, selfish, saddists!

I think it was effective, as plans go. Obscure the COD and what can you really be charged with? Pretty well thought out in my mind.

They knew that someone was going to come looking for Zahra eventually. She was on the radar of quite a few people, not to mention DSS. Apparently thing had gotten to the point where they could not cart her around anymore if you believe the decomp hits by the dogs.

Scatter her to the 4 winds and hope that you can claim she died a natural death which they were "afraid" to report. It probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

It takes a lot of stones to take someone apart-especially a child. I would love to know if either of them grew up on a farm? You have to be able to detach yourself I would think.

Well said!

1) I agree that this family was still on the radar of DSS - but I don't know how long they can keep a case open if they have had not contact with the family. Feb is when they received a report from AY (according to railbug) and 6 months from that date is August. Of course, there could have been a referral in April or May - prompting the hearing aid event in May. Six months from those dates would be end of Sept or early Oct. I don't know if NC has laws about children attending school or having followup for homeschooling (if there is any truancy laws etc).

2) Stating she died a natural death would be plausible and the afraid part could be a plausible issue for the defense (I think?)

3) Scattering her to the winds or dismembering her only serves two purposes IMO. Either covering up her death and/or covering up the COD. IF COD was so heinous that they knew they would be convicted of Abuse and/or Severe Neglect.

4) The person(s) who dismembered her had a bigger fear of being found out than a nurturing compassion for sweet Zahra. I agree that this person could have grown up on a farm, or worked in a rendering plant, or was an avid hunter, or just plain sadistic.

What really bothers me with the dismemberment is that on Levi's radio program, all that was left was BONES.........
now in that short time period, I would think some flesh would be left.
Did these monsters use acid? lime? to help decomp faster???

Why dismember the body? You could say it was done to make sure the body was never found and that if it was, would give very few clues regarding identity and cause of death. But I wonder if it doesn't go farther than that?

When does sadistic pleasure stop? Maybe dismemberment of little Zahra was a continuation of sadistic pleasure.. I keep thinking of the game 'hide and seek' - hiding objects...changing what the object looks like....and the object was Zahra. jmoo mhoo..

What really bothers me with the dismemberment is that on Levi's radio program, all that was left was BONES.........

If that's true, maybe they burnt her remains, but the fire didn't get hot enough to burn the bones? (I don't know how hot a fire you need to burn a body completely?)

If that's true, maybe they burnt her remains, but the fire didn't get hot enough to burn the bones? (I don't know how hot a fire you need to burn a body completely?)

oops quoted the wrong person - this was in response to the Levi Program mentioned by Passionflower - so sorry for misquoting here.

I guess I didn't hear the program - was this just speculating? I don't believe we have heard from LE anything except the word "Bone". As far as I know, the only dismemberment that happened was one bone, as I believe the rest of the remains were intact. I could be totally wrong here - just what my neurons have pieced together. I believe the "bone" they found was her upper femur from the amputated leg. I don't have anything to support that belief - just a gut feeling.

But why be so careful as to use acid and so careless with the leg/gel? There is such an inconsistancy in their thought process IMO.

I personally don't think they were smart enough to think out the best way to hide the COD. Being smart would have meant destroying the gloves and the tools and a much better clean-up effort. Being smart would have meant pinpointing an exact time they both saw Zahra alive and not changing the day every time he was asked.

I see a neglient death and a drug-induced cover-up. And idiots...I see idiots all over this child's death.

Just my opinion...

IIRC - bone doesn't turn to ash until it reaches something like 1500 - 1800 F degrees. Even in cremated remains there are still small pieces of bone and tooth that do not completely turn to ash. Since the fire dept quickly put this fire out - I think there was not enough time to completely burn to that extent and heat. MOO

I grew up on a farm. Any butchering was done with respect for the animal.. As quickly and quietly as possable..
I don't think these flaming idiots had any idea what dismembering intailed.. Starting on the bed?! If they did,they did not expect blood..

I'm totally at a loss how the dismemberment could've started on the bed, in the bedroom or any other place inside the house and be moved to the bathroom without an evidence trail between the locations or the person carrying the remains being covered in blood. MOO

One of the questions I have regarding dismembering poor Zahra's precious little body is why go to the trouble; the added mess and added likelihood of creating, and leaving more evidence in the home (where the dismemberment took place), only for EB to flip so quickly and reveal where the body parts were disposed of. JMO - but to me, the individual who actually performed the dismemberment, who went to this length to conceal COD and/or discovery of the body, would have held out longer, if not entirely, from revealing where the body parts were disposed of. JMO though ~

I don't know what the laws are concerning a death at home, but in PA, you have to have an autopsy. My uncle died in his sleep at home in his bed and the law required one.

There is no good reason to have done what they did to this little girl. None! If she died at home, they should have called 911. If the excuse is we didn't have money to bury her, why not give her a respectable grave in the back yard? Not that I agree with even that, but now that you can't prove a natural death, you give reason for murder, abuse, rape, incest.... So now they have given a jury reason to doubt a natural death because they tried to destroy her body. What person would want to do such a heinous thing to a child? It is beyond me, but what isn't, is this child was murdered.

I don't know what the laws are concerning a death at home, but in PA, you have to have an autopsy. My uncle died in his sleep at home in his bed and the law required one.

There is no good reason to have done what they did to this little girl. None! If she died at home, they should have called 911. If the excuse is we didn't have money to bury her, why not give her a respectable grave in the back yard? Not that I agree with even that, but now that you can't prove a natural death, you give reason for murder, abuse, rape, incest.... So now they have given a jury reason to doubt a natural death because they tried to destroy her body. What person would want to do such a heinous thing to a child? It is beyond me, but what isn't, is this child was murdered.
I agree. By dismembering her body, it would give jurors reason to doubt that Zahra died of anything but murder. One doesn't go to these lengths to cover up a natural death by illness especially if the victim had already survived cancer and a leg amputation. Dismemberment, imo, is to destroy physical evidence of a crime. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back