GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLLindsayy

Still doin' it for Britt.
Reaction score
Missing From: Salem, VA
Missing Date: 12/02/2010 12:00 AM
Issued for: Virginia: Statewide
Contact: If you have information, please contact Roanoke County Police Department, 540-777-8641
Circumstances: Child was last seen at 3341 Fort Lewis Cr, Salem, Virginia. May be traveling in a 2000 SUV Chevrolet , Red , Virginia tag XPR-4366. P.S. Victims mother's vehicle is missing, suspect may be in it Silver 2005 Dodge 4d sdn VA-XKF2365. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Roanoke County Police Dept at 1-540-777-8641 or Virginia State Police at 1-800-822-4453.

Missing Child
Name: Brittany Mae Smith
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Skin Color: White
Height: 5FT
Weight: 100LBS
Description: Straight hair

13624203_BG2.jpg

Source: http://www.wset.com/Global/story.asp?S=13624203

Suspect
Name: Jeffrey Scott Easley
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Skin Color: White
Weight: 265LBS

13624203_BG3.jpg

Vehicle Information
Make: Dodge
Model:
Color: Silver
Interior Color:
License State: VA
License Text: XKF2365

Make: Chevrolet
Model:
Color: Red
Interior Color:
License State: VA
License Text: XPR-4366

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/AmberServlet

Thanks Lindsay! I couldn't figure out how to start a thread...

I hope Brittany is found, safe, very soon!

I can't believe how long she has been missing for already. What's up with the delayed alert?

From WDBJ7 FB page:

Here's info from state police: Virginia State Police Brittany Mae Smith was last seen Dec. 2. Roanoke Co. Police were not aware of her missing until today - Dec. 6 - and then immediately contacted VSP so we could issue the AMBER Alert. Jeffrey Easley is not her father, but an acquaintance of her mother. - VSP Public Relations Office

Police say the victim's mother's vehicle is missing, suspect may be in it. It's a Silver 2005 Dodge 4d sdn VA-XKF2365.

Police issued the Amber Alert after police found the body of a female inside the home on Fort Lewis Circle. Authorities have identified the woman as 41-year-old Tina Smith. Her death is being investigated as a possible homicide. Brittany Mae Smith is the daughter of Tina Smith.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-amber-alert-issued-for-missing-120610,0,5737411.story

OK, so Brittany's mother was found deceased in her house, and now it's been discovered that Brittany hasn't been seen for 4 days? Also, her mom's car is missing.

The situation seems that they believe that this mother's acquaintance (Easley) had something to do with the mom's death and then took Brittany and the vehicle. NCMEC lists two vehicles, so perhaps the mom's vehicle and Mr. Easley's are both missing?

Unfortunately, I've heard this story before and it doesn't usually turn out well. Especially since time is not in Brittany's favor it seems.

Thanks Lindsay! I couldn't figure out how to start a thread...

I hope Brittany is found, safe, very soon!

Me too. Been frantically trying how to figure out how to get this posted. This guy is 32 years old. This is pretty close to home. Really, really close to where my neice lives with her three small children (probably within one mile).

Thanks for making a thread for Brittany, I got a text a little bit ago and was coming here to do the same.

Gosh, 4 days they could be anywhere by now. Hoping for a happy ending!

Sarah Maynard...

Shasta and Dylan Groene...

Lexis Roberts...

Aja Johnson...

All taken after parent(s) were murdered... for whatever reason.

Some good outcomes and some bad... but, there have been good ones.

Have just spoken with my neice and she is really upset about this. This occurred within blocks of her childrens' school. I told her I do not feel it was a random homicide/abduction, as the police are saying they "think" this guy is an acquaintance" of the child's mother. Seems that the delay in the Amber Alert was because police were not notified until the co-workers of the mother called when she had not shown up for work.

I tried to look up this Easely person on google but currently all that comes up is the information about the current amber alert. i was going to see if he has a criminal record, or was a RSO, etc. But it is good that the amber alert is out there.

This is terrible. I know a couple of people that live right by the house, as well as it's literally about a minute away from my neighborhood. I really hate that there are days in-between the time she's been missing and reported. It makes me think of the recent Ohio family/friend murders and the abduction of the little girl. I hope this creep is caught and she is returned safely !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie