GUILTY ID - Ruth Cassidy & Elisabeth Crossley for child neglect, Coeur d'Alene, 2010

anyoldtime48

Reaction score
http://www.krem.com/news/local/Two-children-covered-in-feces-Mom-and-Grandma-arrested-111412064.html

Disgusting on so many levels. Not the least of which is that it "appears" from comments that neighbors had been trying to get movement from CPS and/or the police on this situation sooner.

The mother is being held on $100,000 bond. Grandmother doesn't show under jail roster, and for some reason the ID Repository does NOT have Kootenai County listed right now. But (some) media says she is in custody and she is pictured in prison jailbird yellow.

Grandma does have a rather extensive MySpace page for a 55 yr old. Don't know if OK to link to it at this point, but it easily found in MySpace search.

http://www.krem.com/news/local/Two-children-covered-in-feces-Mom-and-Grandma-arrested-111412064.html

http://www.kxly.com/news/26040178/detail.html

http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=13626663

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sirens/tags/ruth-cassidy/

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2010/dec/07/mother-of-twins-charged-with-abuse/

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_ba76f608-4fbf-5133-89c9-e4a4f53b09dd.html

from Anyoldtime's link KREM

Both children are currently in protective custody with Health and Welfare. Coeur d'Alene Police Chief Wayne M. Longo praised Anthony Brown for “his willingness to care and call the police. Isn’t great we still live in a community where people will still get involved and do the right thing?” Longo said.

Thank you Anthony Brown. Hope these twin girls are never returned to the bio-woman or bio woman's mother. She couldn't identify the girls by name except by their injuries!

OMG. The video. Thank all things holy and sacred for that young man!

These poor babies. These poor poor babies.

Really? She's trying to figure out why this is newsworthy. She really doesn't get it??? WTH?!?!!!

I have no clear, coherent thoughts.

I am just flaberghasted. and the worst part? The very worst part? That woman looks totally normal. She's not wild eyed, she's not incoherent. She looks like the check out girl at the grocery. Or the personable woman who serves you in the drive thru.

OMG!

This monster and grandmonster need to thrown into a pig pen!!! Makes me ill!! Thank goodness for the hero...IT makes me sick the her old friend did not ever stop by to check on the girls. I would not be able to walk away knowing momster still had them with her knowing what had been going on.

These girls are most likely far behind other 2 year olds because of lack of communication and teaching from their momster.

I will be praying for their full recovery and for others to get involved and stay involved when disgusting actions from parents continue.

I wonder how much interaction they got? This frightens me for these little ones. How awful was it? How much time did those children spend in there, alone, with one another and nothing else but filth?

I would like to know what sort of therapy will be given these babies to try and connect, gain trust, reach these poor children?

Will they be so starved of interaction and affection and just plain touch that they cannot connect? Or so starved of interaction and affection that they are just ready for it and cling to every human touch, voice, moment?

I fear for these little ones.

GB Tony & his girlfriend for taking action....too many others would have just kept on walking.

I hope CPS doesn't give them back...it's scary to think this could be one of those situations where CPS sends 'mom' to a few classes, there's a visit or 2 made to the home, & then those little girls have to go back to her.

Is treating one's kids worse than most folks treat a pet enough to take them away?

I just can't see 'mom' changing if she doesn't get 'what the big deal is' about the treatment of her children....this really worries me. :(

Poor babies - I hope their future is so much better than their past.

Grandma's myspace pics sure look a lot different than her booking photo
in her mugshot, she has gray hair and appears much skinnier (drugs?)
maybe she posted really old photos of herself on ms ...

I almost didn't think it was her at first but name, age, location match and she has pics of a reunion with Elizabeth and another pic of twin girl toddlers with Santa

also lots of pics of animals - wonder if she was hoarding them and couldn't care for them properly

in her heroes section, she lists, among others, "some guy named Tony"

is this an ironic coincidence or what?

she seems like a smart lady - wth happened here

Grandma's myspace pics sure look a lot different than her booking photo
in her mugshot, she has gray hair and appears much skinnier (drugs?)
maybe she posted really old photos of herself on ms ...

I almost didn't think it was her at first but name, age, location match and she has pics of a reunion with Elizabeth and another pic of twin girl toddlers with Santa

also lots of pics of animals - wonder if she was hoarding them and couldn't care for them properly

If you read her blog stuff, she cares way more about those dogs than she EVER could a human. And only the one photo of those little girls in all of that.

FWIW, the glasses she is wearing there are very 80's, so I don't think it's real current. But still would not surprise me if they used drugs. Dang Kootenai County dropped out of the ID Repository sometime in the last couple days, so can't tell if they have any legal history in their (at least gramma's) relatively short time in N Idaho. Also trying to find history on the girls' father, who somebody in media comments suggested he is a convicted violent felon.

I did find his name. Media has been spelling her name Elizabeth. It's actually Elisabeth per the jail roster and also when divorce was filed and listed in the CDA Press, wherefrom I got his name (SLC). So far, coming up empty on him and not sure where incarcerated (or even IF incarcerated). Clearly he is not in the picture though, and probably wouldn't have been much of a positive influence anyway.

Hopefully Kootenai court records will make a magical reappearance soon.

Meanwhile $100,000 bond on Elisabeth. Unknown on Ruth K Cassidy until she shows up officially behind bars with a bond amount tomorrow morning.

http://www.kcsheriff.com/jailroster.htm

GB Tony & his girlfriend for taking action....too many others would have just kept on walking.

I hope CPS doesn't give them back...it's scary to think this could be one of those situations where CPS sends 'mom' to a few classes, there's a visit or 2 made to the home, & then those little girls have to go back to her.

Is treating one's kids worse than most folks treat a pet enough to take them away?

I just can't see 'mom' changing if she doesn't get 'what the big deal is' about the treatment of her children....this really worries me. :(

Poor babies - I hope their future is so much better than their past.

Fear not on this one. They are up on felony injury charges to a child. Lots of pictures and arrows and unfortunate (WAY too light a word, but I can't fully process this without getting sick) injuries that are clearly obvious, at least when not clothed. Far, far too much evidence for this to fall thru the cracks, now that the ball is finally rolling.

It would take a very lenient judge to allow them out of jail before those girls reach 18. Or a stupid prosecutor to deal this down to a lesser charge. I know he's not stupid (please don't prove me wrong!) and not going to take this case lightly.

I can't imagine what those little girls are like today, or what they will be like tomorrow, or the next day. They may recover from this far better than we can imagine, but it will likely be a very long process. I pray they are positively responsive to human touch and caring and for at least a little while, simply can't get enough of it.

I pray the community showers them with clothes, toys and all manner of 2-yr-old things and they can have a real Christmas with a real family, with real LOVE. With much more goodness to follow.

The mom makes it pretty clear she does not want the children. I hope CPS does not force it on her because that is how children like these end up dead. CPS needs not to worry about reuniting a family. They need to worry about the welfare of the children so they are not in the way of the bad habits of their Neanderthal parents.

$25,000 bond on the grandmonster. All things considered, hopefully enough to keep her planted here in Idaho where she hates it so much, until trial. May they please take her for a long walk in a very cold and wet rain today.

Conversely, the 18YO kid in another current thread (Zacharee Wright, Hayden ID) who left his stepdaughter locked in a storage room with a 25-lb bag of drink mix on top of her has a $50,000 bond. But he would be considered a parent and primary caregiver vs secondary, so I guess being only a grandparent, even though living in the home with the twins full time, she can only face half the bond.

Am working on finding a human somewhere in the state that can tell me when Kootenai County might be back in the land of living in the Idaho Repository to track charges, court dates etc on this and other cases. As of now, still MIA. Hopefully was just a minor glitch and not an ugly crash that will keep it down for extended period.

https://www.idcourts.us/repository/start.do

below record is from the jail roster which is updated every morning.

http://www.kcsheriff.com/jailroster.htm

CASSIDY, RUTH KAREN
Incarceration Date: 09:22:00 12/07/10
Scheduled Release:
Arrest Date: 09:05:00 12/07/10
Arrest Type: WARRANT ARREST
Arrest Agency: COEUR D'ALENE POLICE DEPT
Arrest Officer: D.KELLEY
Arrest Location: 451 N GOVMENT WAY

Offense Date Offense Description Related Case Bail Bail Type
----------------- ------------------------------ ------------ ------------ ----------
09:05:00 12/07/10 Cruelty to Children 25,000.00 Bondsman's Bond
09:05:00 12/07/10 Cruelty to Children

Those poor children. Glad Tony noticed them and took action.

On grandma's myspace, the house where the pictures were taken does not look filthy to me.

So, what happened to this woman to make such a drastic change? Something sure went wrong.

Those poor children. Glad Tony noticed them and took action.

On grandma's myspace, the house where the pictures were taken does not look filthy to me.

So, what happened to this woman to make such a drastic change? Something sure went wrong.

Per police, the rest of the place was not nearly as bad as the "hole" those girls were constantly locked away in. Might also be pictures from one of her CA places, but I didn't note time stamps, if there were any.

New story today....interview with the former babysitter. Please read all before going nuts on her. Already established from story comments and ''word on the street" that many previous attempts at intervention from LE and Health & Welfare had been made.

Tony and his girlfriend deserve a huge thanks. As does an uncovered window so police could see firsthand what was going on before they made contact. God bless the night cops who took this seriously and got those girls out of there immediately.

Standard "no comment" from Health & Welfare since this is now a legal case.

Wish I knew a thing about the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program mentioned here in passing. No idea who they are connected with. Sad that those were office visits or maybe something could have been done earlier.

Good news is something positive is being done now.

http://www.krem.com/news/local/Babysitter-Twin-girls-severely-neglected-111522439.html

I think the momster should be locked away for a good long time, but I'm just going to guess that she didn't receive much better treatment from her mother. Might have something to do with why she doesn't think this is such a big deal. I bet Ruth is pretty ruthless. :twocents:

God bless you Tony for caring, and not just walking past. :blowkiss:

I think the momster should be locked away for a good long time, but I'm just going to guess that she didn't receive much better treatment from her mother. Might have something to do with why she doesn't think this is such a big deal. I bet Ruth is pretty ruthless. :twocents:

God bless you Tony for caring, and not just walking past. :blowkiss:

My DH said the same thing about the children's mother probably receiving the same type treatment from Ruth, growing up.

Poor Tony. I saw him being interviewed by a local news station (either KXLY or KREM) and he broke down sobbing as he was being asked about it. To see an unrelated grown man break down crying about what he saw, you know it had to be pretty bad.

Per police, the rest of the place was not nearly as bad as the "hole" those girls were constantly locked away in. Might also be pictures from one of her CA places, but I didn't note time stamps, if there were any.

New story today....interview with the former babysitter. Please read all before going nuts on her. Already established from story comments and ''word on the street" that many previous attempts at intervention from LE and Health & Welfare had been made.

Tony and his girlfriend deserve a huge thanks. As does an uncovered window so police could see firsthand what was going on before they made contact. God bless the night cops who took this seriously and got those girls out of there immediately.

Wish I knew a thing about the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program mentioned here in passing. No idea who they are connected with. Sad that those were office visits or maybe something could have been done earlier.

http://www.krem.com/news/local/Babysitter-Twin-girls-severely-neglected-111522439.html

WIC is the federal program that gave this momster free milk, cereal, eggs, peanut butter, cheese, and many more food products that has possibly keeping these babies alive, but more than likely has gone into that witch of a momster and grand momster's pie holes!!

I just want to smack the carp out of both of them!! SCRAPE MARKS ON THE WALL WHERE THE GIRLS TRIED TO CLAW THEIR WAY OUT!! :cry: :cry:

I will take them both, give them whatever therapy they need - hold them 24/7 and feed their little souls with more love than they will know what to do with...

There is no reason that is good enough that this beotch and grand beotch treated these babies this way - she could have given them away! No one is forced to keep children they don't want, tons of people would have offered..

Tony you have our undying gratitude! You probably saved two little lives!

BBM here in IL the WIC program is run through the County I believe. It is an income based assistance program that supplements low income families with pregnant women and/or children under two with coupons that are accepted at grocery stores for formula, milk, cereal, juice, etc.

It was an absolute lifesaver for me with my first child. The office visits weigh, measure the children (monitor growth and development). They also provide information on making nutricious meals. The visist were every three months IIRC. You were required to fill out forms that detailed the typical meals through out your child's day. You were required to detail everything eaten the day before as well. You would get dated coupons that would be used over the course of the three month period.

HTH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back