Susan Powell Case - 1 Year Later

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Friends/Family Distribute New Flyers

One year after the disappearance of Susan Powell, friends and loved ones are trying to keep her memory alive. Volunteers distributed new fliers in hopes it will turn up fresh leads in the case.

The flier police created for the one year anniversary of Susan Powell's disappearance hangs in windows of area businesses like this Goodyear Tire on 5600 West. Friends say they still have hope that Susan will be found alive.

"Somebody, somewhere in this country has seen her, and I just hope they will have the courage to come forward and say what they know and help us bring her back to her sons."

She organized the effort to distribute new fliers made up by West Valley City Police. Those close to Powell showed up to Hunter Library to help, along with those who never met her.

Volunteer Linda Osborne said, "I didn't personally know Susan, but I've sure gotten to know her through friends, and she's a wonderful, fantastic person. And until we know something other, I'm going to hold out hope that she is still alive."

Susan was reported missing one year ago today. Hellewell says the past year had been tough, especially when she thinks back to the last time she saw her friend.

"It was a year ago yesterday. It was on Dec. 6. She was walking home from church and I was walking with her, and we were discussing the meeting. And we were watching her boys play in the fresh snow. And I had no idea that was the last time I would ever see her," she said. "It's a very, very difficult time. I'm really glad we've been able to stay busy. I find myself breaking down and crying at the drop of a hat because I'm remembering a year ago."

Jennifer Graves, Josh Powell's sister, tries to stay hopeful, though she says she didn't think the search for Susan would last as long as it has. She stands by her belief that Josh had something to do with Susan's disappearance.

Snipped from http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=13560878

Friends/Family Distribute New Flyers

"Somebody, somewhere in this country has seen her, and I just hope they will have the courage to come forward and say what they know and help us bring her back to her sons."

Snipped from http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=13560878

Snipped from your snip.

Actually, NO ONE, nowhere, nohow, anywhere, anyplace in this country has seen Susan Powell .... and that's exactly the issue. She's not wandering around with memory loss, looking like she does in the pictures.

In fact, it's when her friends and supporters come out and say that she's alive out there somewhere, that they play right into the Powells' "she ran away" scenarios.

IMO, of course.

What we can now do for Susan is to always speak her name. The powells would like us to forget her, for her to fade into oblivion. THAT will not happen.

SUSAN COX powell

I just can't believe it's been a year with NOTHING...N-O-T-H-I-N-G!

WT....!

It isn't a nothing. It's a sealed record. Not the same thing, in terms of work invested and tips followed, imo. They know a lot and there are reasons not to share what they know with the public. We know a lot, too. Not the least, we know POI had moved out of the state in the blink of an eye and it took him many months to make up a lame story.

It isn't a nothing. It's a sealed record. Not the same thing, in terms of work invested and tips followed, imo. They know a lot and there are reasons not to share what they know with the public. We know a lot, too. Not the least, we know POI had moved out of the state in the blink of an eye and it took him many months to make up a lame story.

IMO

Didn't mean to imply no work had been done. It's just that NOTHING has been confirmed by LE. Now, that may be good (we do want them to keep certain things close to the vest) or it may not be good (if they are overlooking critical items). We just don't know one way or the other.

And, at this point what we know doesn't add up to a whole lot. No law against moving to another state or taking your time to come up with a story.

MOO

The sad thing is........today my sister and I were talking , she asked me.."So, I wonder what poor soul will be the mom *disappeared* right before Christmas this year?

I'm not confused between the amount that I know and the details known by LE, by the family of a POI, and by family and friends. It's still quite significant to me, that there is a POI. I've seen a lot of cases now, where there's not even that. Personally, I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the POI right now, not for anything.

We never know when the other shoe will drop. And neither does he. I keep remembering the day he turned white as a sheet. There's something, and he knows it.

Jennifer Graves, Josh Powell's sister, tries to stay hopeful, though she says she didn't think the search for Susan would last as long as it has. She stands by her belief that Josh had something to do with Susan's disappearance.

I suppose we can look forward to another page on Josh's website soon. I really wish there was more info or leads. Did LE ever go back in the summer (after the snow melted) and check out the route where Josh took that fateful night?

I just can't get over that he took his sons camping on a Sunday night (oops he said, he thought it was Saturday) and his wife mysteriously dissapears leaving behind her purse and keys...and 2 lovely boys.

MOO

Mel

I suppose we can look forward to another page on Josh's website soon. I really wish there was more info or leads. Did LE ever go back in the summer (after the snow melted) and check out the route where Josh took that fateful night?

I just can't get over that he took his sons camping on a Sunday night (oops he said, he thought it was Saturday) and his wife mysteriously dissapears leaving behind her purse and keys...and 2 lovely boys.

MOO

Mel

JP/SP already have a page speaking out against Jennifer ("Graves Ousted")- it was promoted to their site last weekend, IIRC

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5873815&postcount=112"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - New page added to SusanPowell.org[/ame]

Who is Steven? (per post that Susan and Steven will surface??)

Never mind...I think you mean Steven who is also missing from Utah?

I don't think Susan will surface, not alive anyway. Not sure about Steven.

Susan Powell is long gone from this world IMO. She will be found in 2012 maybe sometime in the fall. I've followed this case from the beginning and I knew it was gonna go cold.

Susan Powell is long gone from this world IMO. She will be found in 2012 maybe sometime in the fall. I've followed this case from the beginning and I knew it was gonna go cold.

Why do you think she will be found in 2012 and how did you know it was going to go cold? Do you live in the WVC area? Just curious.

IMO

I believe that Susan will be found and this is by no means a "cold" case with LE.

I wonder what he did with her? I thought for sure she would be found when the snow melted but we are in the middle of another winter now and she still hasn't been found. The ground was frozen...it would have been hard to drive out in the dingles somewhere for fear of getting stuck in the snow. Where could he have hidden her body? I hope she is found and he gets what he deserves because I believe that he murdered her.

I wonder what he did with her? I thought for sure she would be found when the snow melted but we are in the middle of another winter now and she still hasn't been found. The ground was frozen...it would have been hard to drive out in the dingles somewhere for fear of getting stuck in the snow. Where could he have hidden her body? I hope she is found and he gets what he deserves because I believe that he murdered her.

he may have used a fire excelerant explaining his "chapped" hands. All too hard and sad to contemplate.

I hope they have checked into storage rentals.

Susan, where are you sweetie?

I've wondered if the 'chapped hands' came from being OCD and, after the fact, feeling the need to keep hand washing?

Think 'Lady Macbeth', 'Out, damned spot'

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.