850 users online (131 members and 719 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
    https://audioboom.com/posts/6396347-unit-2226

My apologies to everyone. I'm so sorry; I thought everyone would have heard about it. I hope that links works. I'm really rushed right now so can't give a hint about what time to begin listening for it, but if anyone has trouble finding it I will listen to it again tomorrow evening until I locate the minute mark.

For anyone who might listen on another format, the name of the episode is Unit 2226. It is episode 11.

He doesn't really say much about it. Apparently Jennifer told Rob it was her upstairs male neighbor. No one seemed to know if law enforcement interviewed the person or not.

Now I'm really interested in hearing what you all think. Don't get your hopes up too much, though, because there is really not much info given on this.

I read about someone "jiggling" Jennifer's door knob years ago the night she got back from her trip....I had never heard that there was a knock at her door while she was on the phone with Rob until a few weeks ago when I heard it on Unconcluded....

To me , this is another one of those "many coincidences " in Jennifer's case....Some people do not believe in coincidences, the older I get I believe less and less in coincidences as well .....So, to me at what point do we start considering that these "coincidences" are actually relevant clues in Jennifer's case?

Just going to throw something out there....We know that the phone call with Rob was a short call, could the knock at the door have been someone other than a neighbor , someone that Jennifer may have been seeing perhaps? Someone that stopped by to take her out for the evening? Yes, I know she told Rob that she was tired and going to bed but she could have changed her mind.....I doubt seriously if she were seeing the person who knocked on her door while she was talking with Rob that she would have told Rob, "got to go my date is at the door".....

Does the knock at the door mean anything in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    She had just returned from a cruise, right? What if someone from that cruise obtained access to her personal info like her address etc, and stalked her? I have always wanted a thorough investigation of all who were on that ship. Someone may have become obsessed w her. She was beautiful. Just a theory I think must be erased by investigating every person.
    Jenn and Rob flew there and back, plus stayed with friends while there. There was no cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    A girl who looked like Jennifer ? Do you mean the woman in the apartment rental office who says that she took a rental application from someone she swears was JK?
    The woman I'm referring to is a woman who bore a striking physical resemblance to Jennifer, but was living a more "unseemly" lifestyle at that time. She has since turned her life around and does not want her privacy intruded upon.

Prior to the podcast, I had no knowledge of this and was surprised. Why it stands out to me is because of the strange statement law enforcement made to Jenn's parents about Jenn being located in a couple of weeks. During this time period, searches were being conducted in less attractive buildings and areas.

I need to check my records better, but I believe someone even phoned in a tip to LE about Jenn being held captive in a building. I wonder if it could have been this girl, and even if someone brought her to the attention of law enforcement to totally mislead them.

Just a personal theory of my own.

Early on there was a report by woman that Jennifer was being held at 1414 40th st near Rio Grand Ave not far from Jennifer's condo....

I didn't know Jennifer had an upstairs male neighbor who would be knocking on her door either.
    Why would he be knocking on her door at close to 10 pm anyway?

I have always leaned towards the theory that the answer to this crime lay in Jennifer's workplace.
    However I can't fit the POI in with this theory.
    The POI appears to have the physical stature of many of the workers at Mosaic.

So I was playing around with the poi video. I noticed when I paused it and played with cursor that he split at 18 second mark . I am guessing it is due to the three second delay. I highly doubt two guys walked side by side for 42 seconds. Anyway, on left he is walking backwards . I see arm, strap and perhaps a dolly. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interesting podcast. I listened twice,very carefully. JK told Rob that she thought the knock on the door could be her upstairs neighbor. She never said it was her upstairs neighbor. As careful as she was, I do not think she would have ever opened her door at night to just anyone. A scenario : the person who knocked on her door was someone well known to JK. He had a thing for her. Maybe he had been nearby that night, perhaps drinking in a bar. He knows JK is home alone that night, so he goes over there. He gains her trust by appearing to be way drunker than he actually was. He begs JK for a ride home, as he is not up to driving. She agrees o give him a ride, and they take her car. Things go badly sideways from then on. The person seen parking her car and walking along was just a guy who picked up $50.00 for parking her car. JK was likely killed the same night she left. jmo, and speculation. The knock on her door is huge, imo

Wow, I thought there was a cruise. Nix that!
    Dont Be A Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    Interesting podcast. I listened twice,very carefully. JK told Rob that she thought the knock on the door could be her upstairs neighbor. She never said it was her upstairs neighbor. As careful as she was, I do not think she would have ever opened her door at night to just anyone. A scenario : the person who knocked on her door was someone well known to JK. He had a thing for her. Maybe he had been nearby that night, perhaps drinking in a bar. He knows JK is home alone that night, so he goes over there. He gains her trust by appearing to be way drunker than he actually was. He begs JK for a ride home, as he is not up to driving. She agrees o give him a ride, and they take her car. Things go badly sideways from then on. The person seen parking her car and walking along was just a guy who picked up $50.00 for parking her car. JK was likely killed the same night she left. jmo, and speculation. The knock on her door is huge, imo
    Yes, this has been my preferred scenario since seeing an interview with Mrs. Kesse a while back. And hypothetically perhaps there was a spurious, set-up reason for someone to pop round as they happened to be in the area. In general families often in the beginning understandably don't want to believe that someone they know could be involved in hurting someone they love. This often changes over time, but the problem by then is proving it, if someone was a little bit protected by the family in the initial stages. This knock on the door is a very important piece in the puzzle. And to me at the moment, there don't seem to be any facts that would jar with this scenario and quite a few that would support it, especially the time the 2 phones shut off, if this could really be pinned down and verified. Strong circumstantials, but is it enough? Probably not, without more evidence or a confession.

Reminds me of the Tara Grinstead case, sadly for very pretty women, there are often so many men around them (whether they wanted them or not), the field of suspects is much harder to narrow down.

This case is so solvable.

But first I am still troubled by the POI. If he/she was innocent of any wrong-doing apart from parking Jennifer's car at HOTG why hasn't he/she come forward?

I believe there is two suspects that need some heat applied.

One is from her workplace.

The other was an ex who followed Jennifer from Tampa to Orlando.
    Is this a sign of possessiveness? If so it is indeed a very bad sign.

There is a scenario I have where the POI fits. I have pasted below a post I made back in May.
    There is an outside chance one of the workers at Mosaic paid or organised for the POI to park her car at HOTG.

The POI could have been one of two or more abductors.

• Further to the rapist working in Jennifer's condo.

I'm always wary of quoting people but there was a reaction from Mr Kesse on the news this person passed a polygraph.

The worker also told LE that on a day when Jennifer was at the condo watching the work in progress (fix ups)............................"Jennifer told him to lock up when they finished their work.'

Mr Kesse claimed that was a lie because he was on the phone to Jennifer that day. She never said that and wouldn't say that.'

How would you like to be Mr & Mrs Kesse having to deal with an inept OPD.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I often thought Jenner's parents should ha
      ve hired good PI as soon as they laid eyes on those two original detectives. Those two have a lot to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by Myserty64 View Post
    There is a scenario I have where the POI fits. I have pasted below a post I made back in May.
    There is an outside chance one of the workers at Mosaic paid or organised for the POI to park her car at HOTG.

The POI could have been one of two or more abductors.

• Further to the rapist working in Jennifer's condo.

I'm always wary of quoting people but there was a reaction from Mr Kesse on the news this person passed a polygraph.

The worker also told LE that on a day when Jennifer was at the condo watching the work in progress (fix ups)............................"Jennifer told him to lock up when they finished their work.'

Mr Kesse claimed that was a lie because he was on the phone to Jennifer that day. She never said that and wouldn't say that.'

How would you like to be Mr & Mrs Kesse having to deal with an inept OPD.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I often thought Jenner's parents should ha
      ve hired good PI as soon as they laid eyes on those two original detectives. Those two have a lot to answer for.

Yes, absolutely, it always worries me when polygraphs are used to help eliminate people, psychos and crims are usually accomplished liars. It gives me chills thinking about how the condo workers were acting around her and it sounds like they could easily have even had keys to her apartment.
    Looking at the car parker, I have always thought they were an accessory or possibly part of a larger group that attacked Jennifer. Probably also involved in other criminal activity and tbh even if they didn't know about the seriousness of the crime, they would surely have known that something dodgy was going on, so unlikely to come forward I think.

The condo workers is a very plausible theory and I have seen Jennifer's brother say that they are his main suspects. I still think that if they did anything it would have been at night though not the morning. And the difficulty with that is that I think there is no way that Jennifer would have opened her door to an unknown person, unless could they have said there was a fire, or a gas leak? Or they then used their keys, but then why knock and give her warning first? So I still think it more likely to have been a known person if this knock on the door is fact.

It sounds very much like one of those key details that LE keep quiet to give a suspect a false sense of security, hoping that they will be able to gain time to catch them out in a lie.

And I have always wondered why her canister of mace which was normally on her car keys was still in the apartment, apparently she took it off her keys because of the holiday? She was very safety conscious and I think would have put it back on her keys if she had left the apartment for work on her own Tuesday morning.

Also, does anyone know if the condo manager was questioned much? I remember a couple of cases where apartment managers turned out to be involved as they have keys and a good knowledge of the occupants' routines?
    Last edited by RosalindaA; 12-30-2017 at 02:41 PM. Reason: addition

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47