Aretha Franklin Has Cancer

MistyM

Reaction score
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/aretha-franklin-has-cancer,-fox-2-confirms

myFOXdetroit.com Staff - Fox 2 News in Detroit has learned that the "Queen of Soul" has cancer. A relative of Aretha Franklin tells reporter Al Allen that the icon has cancer. Another relative says the family is very concerned.
At this time Franklin's family says she is doing "OK", but they are asking for the continued prayers and thoughts from the community.

The National Enquirer says it's pancreatic cancer. UGH!

gosh I hope it's treatable

long live the Queen!

Oh bless, I just love the Queen of Soul. You know, Pancreatic Cancer is such a horrid one. I sincerely hope it was caught in the very early stages.

Pancreatic cancer can be controlled only if it is found before it has spread and only if it can be removed by surgery. If the cancer has spread, palliative treatment can improve the patient's quality of life by controlling the symptoms and complication; however, palliative treatment cannot cure the disease.

My prayers go out to her --

Mel

that's the thing about pancreatic cancer, it's usually at a high stage by the time it's found. maybe they were doing a check up on her for something else and found it by accident. that would be good. if she got sick because it's already spread, not so good. so sad...

Oh no. I hope its in the early stages.

Prayers for her and her family.

This is terrible news. Poor Aretha. I love that woman. :praying:

I had an idea of this news from a brief clip aired a couple of days ago.

Long Live the Queen of Soul!

If her publicist chooses to paint a brighter picture, I can understand and respect such a choice...it's not an unfamiliar way to handle bad news and most particularly if that's how the client wants it to be publicized once noticed by the media.

And so...either way...I join with others in sending most positive thoughts for a complete recovery from her surgery.

(I have scuffs which I call my "Aretha slippers", courtesy of her scene in the 1980 Blues Bros movie singing "Think"...I've danced right along with her hundreds of times, and worn-out plenty pairs!)

Good Lord- what awful news!! Let's all say a little prayer for Aretha!!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STKkWj2WpWM[/ame]

I knew 3 people with this cancer each one died within 4 months of being diagnosed.

She truly is the Queen of Soul, she sure can belt out a song with feeling.
Prayers for you Miss Franklin and a good recovery.

PS She was so funny in the Blues Bros, loved her.

My prayers for Aretha Franklin, Queen of Soul...

I hope for her sake the doctors caught this deadly disease in time. The success rate of beating pancreatic cancer is very low...unless caught in the early stages..sending positive thoughts and healing energy Aretha's way..JMHO

The Queen of Soul has always been a private person, but I wish that she had been more forthcoming about her cancer. She might have inspired others to take better of themselves and heed the warning signs of serious illness. Many folks who don't have health insurance or don't receive regular medical care are often caught unaware when stricken with a major health crisis. Those who admire and respect Ms. Franklin would likely appreciate her encouraging them to seek treatment at the first sign of illness. jmo

I will remember fondly Aretha Franklin's performance at the Inauguration of President Obama: I so wanted that gorgeous hat! Thoughts and prayers for the Queen of Soul's recovery.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NqszdLiJxg[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back