Prodigal kitty returns to Mississippi family 5 years after Hurricane Katrina

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Prodigal kitty returns to Mississippi family 5 years after Hurricane Katrina

Published: Wednesday, December 08, 2010, 6:15 PM

Five years after wandering away in Hurricane Katrina's aftermath, a gray and white cat named Scrub has been reunited with his Mississippi family.
9106846-large.jpg
Photo courtesy of family

Scrub the cat back at home after five-year post-Katrina sojourn
The Humane Society of South Mississippi says Scrub was identified by an implanted microchip.
The 7-year-old cat was brought to the shelter by a Gulfport woman who had fed him as a stray the past couple of months but worried about his safety during a cold snap.
http://www.nola.com/pets/index.ssf/2010/12/prodigal_kitty_returns_to_miss.html

What a wonderful lady for caring for a stray cat that way. I bet the family is overjoyed to see their cat again.

What a wonderful Christmas miracle for both Scrub and his human family! :thumb:

That is awesome! I wonder if he remembers his family.
Oh, I think he did, pomegranate! The owner said by the end of the first night, Scrubs was snuggled up in bed with one of her sons.

My heart was so heavy yesterday. The murder of Taylor Adams hit close to home, and the torture and deaths of the Deblase children in Mobile just about did me in. The heartening tale of little Scrubs being reunited with his family could not have come at a better time. I live in New Orleans, and after Katrina I assisted the animal rescue teams. It's impossible to forget the many grieving pet owners I met in search of their lost friends. The elderly dog we took in passed away, but we still have two Katrina kitties. There were so many more I wanted to take home but couldn't. I'm elated to know that this little guy (gal?...not sure) made his way home. Hallelujah!

This made me so happy! Yay for the kitty, Yay for the family - and bless everyone who volunteered to help with the animals after that devastation.

wonder where Scrubs was for five years ... and why someone didn't try to have him identified sooner

glad he made it back though - that family must've been amazed

wonder where Scrubs was for five years ... and why someone didn't try to have him identified sooner

glad he made it back though - that family must've been amazed

Many people don't even think to look for a microchip when a stray cat wanders onto their property. At least he was able to survive and people took care of him! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back