GUILTY VA - John Allen Muhammad, sniper murders in VA, MD, 2002 *Lee Boyd Malvo re-sentence granted 2022*

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sniper complains to judge about underwear in pretrial hearing

FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) — Convicted sniper John Allen Muhammad complained to a judge Tuesday that his jailers refuse to let him wear underwear and have restricted his access to his legal files.

A sheriff's spokeswoman denied the claims made at the conclusion of a pretrial hearing in the second capital-murder case against Muhammad. Trial is scheduled for October.

"How does it make the courtroom safe with me coming in, no T-shirt, no underwear, no socks?" Muhammad asked Judge Jonathan Thacher.

Muhammad has been under especially tight security since a pretrial hearing last month in which he briefly slipped out of a waist chain, giving him a sizable length of chain that could have been used as a weapon.

He appeared in court Tuesday with his wrists cuffed closely to his sides. He winced in pain several times as deputies attempted to get him seated at the defense table. The deputies said Muhammad was resisting their efforts, but Muhammad said several times, "I'm not doing anything."

Capt. Karen McClellan, a spokeswoman for the Fairfax County Sheriff's Office, said Muhammad has access to underwear, socks and T-shirts and is free to wear them. She said she did not know why Muhammad complained.

Muhammad also said jailers do not allow him enough access to mail from his lawyers and only allow him to access one of his legal files at a time.

"The excuse is, 'It's a fire hazard.' Who'll start a fire? I don't have any matches," he said. The judge told Muhammad he'd look into it.

Don't you get a little sick and tired of hearing these inmates and moan about every little thing? Why not do a prisoner exchange say with Turkey or China and see how they treat the prisoners over there. Maybe then they'd realize how good they actually have it here with all of their "rights." :cool:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6150831/

<snipet>FAIRFAX, Va. - A judge threw out capital murder charges Friday against sniper John Allen Muhammad in the slaying of an FBI analyst in a Home Depot parking lot, saying prosecutors waited too long to bring him to trial.<snipet>:doh:

This is sad for the victims' family.

I'm sorry, but this made me smile and I started to think it may have been a Websleuther:

ROCKVILLE, Maryland (AP) -- Mary Dimsey could not put aside her anger during jury selection Wednesday in the second trial of sniper John Allen Muhammad.

She entered the courtroom, took a seat in the jury box, looked at Muhammad and said, "You are a filthy murderer. You deserve to die."

Circuit Judge James L. Ryan admonished Dimsey and excused her. He also dismissed Elvio Leveri, who said there was "no chance" he could judge Muhammad impartially.

more at:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/05/03/sniper.trial.ap/index.html

I seen that yesterday, Its been all over the news here. I dont blame these "jurors" They know he is guilty he has been convicted in VA. I do not see why he needs to be tried again, throw the book at him........Get the Gurney ready!!!

michelle said:
I seen that yesterday, Its been all over the news here. I dont blame these "jurors" They know he is guilty he has been convicted in VA. I do not see why he needs to be tried again, throw the book at him........Get the Gurney ready!!!

I agree. However, don't forget that sometimes death penalty convictions are overturned. It would be horrible if they had to release him pending a new trial on the death penalty cases. If he's convicted in these cases, they'll just move him from one prison to another and until the conviction is affirmed one way or the other and he can be executed.

I cant believe this man is representing himself, although good ol' ted did the same..:doh:

michelle said:
I cant believe this man is representing himself, although good ol' ted did the same..:doh:

Ted did real good for himself too! Hopefully, this guy will do just as well. ;)

:laugh:
Jeana (DP) said:
Ted did real good for himself too! Hopefully, this guy will do just as well. ;)
As long as the outcome is the same, I think its great!!

michelle said:
:laugh: As long as the outcome is the same, I think its great!!

Just in case someone's been living in a cave, the defendant was found guilty of all six charges. Life in prison - or until the other state executes him.

I don't know whether this has ever been posted here or not. I didn't find it.

By Staff Reports

Published: September 16, 2009

A Nov. 10 execution date has been set for John Allen Muhammad, one of two snipers whose murder rampage left 10 dead and a half dozen wounded in four states and the District of Columbia.

He was sentenced to death in Virginia in 2004 for the Oct. 9, 2002, capital murder of Dean Meyers in Prince William County.

One of Muhammad’s lawyers and the Virginia attorney general’s office said the execution date was set this morning in Prince William County Circuit Court.

Muhammad’s accomplice, Lee Boyd Malvo, is serving life in prison.

—Frank Green
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/crime/article/MUHGAT16_20090916-092001/293247/

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- The U.S. Supreme Court has refused to block Tuesday's scheduled execution of sniper mastermind John Allen Muhammad.

The Court did not comment Monday on why it refused to consider his appeal.

Muhammad is scheduled to die by injection at a Virginia prison for the slaying of Dean Harold Meyers at a gas station during a three-week spree in October 2002 across Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Muhammad and his teenage accomplice, Lee Boyd Malvo, were also suspected of fatal shootings in other states, including Louisiana, Alabama and Arizona. Malvo is serving a life sentence in prison.

(article cont'd at link, stating Muhammad still has a clemency petition before Virginia Gov. Timothy Kaine, good luck w that...)

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/usworld/news-article.aspx?storyid=147872&catid=6

:parrot:

I have such mixed feelings having lived through the terror he brought to my community. I'm anti-DP but it's hard to find much sympathy for this creep. But I'm relieved Lee Malvo got life. IMO, he's another one of Muhammad's victims.

Amazing. This will be one of the swiftest death sentences carried out in the last 30 years. I am curious to hear whether any groups against the death penalty will be working to stop the execution.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back