GUILTY NY - Sylvie Cachay, 33, murdered, NYC, 9 Dec 2010

Nancy2441

Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40613242/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

The son of an Oscar-winning songwriter was arrested Friday on charges of choking his Peruvian-born girlfriend, a fashion designer found dead and half-clothed in a bathtub overflowing with water in a posh hotel, police said.
Nicholas Brooks, 24, was arrested on charges of attempted murder and strangulation in the death of Sylvie Cachay, who was discovered around 3 a.m. Thursday at the Soho House hotel. He has been at a police precinct more than a day and was cooperating with investigators, who obtained a search warrant to take swabs from under his fingernails.

How horrific. Senseless. Such a beautiful and immesnely talented young woman.

I was thinking about what her mom said that "she liked to save people". How many women do that... think that somehow they can change someone? I've been guilty of that
myself. It wasn't until I was in my 40's that I realized what you see is what you get. You can't change other people. And you can't save them, either.

That is creepy. UGH! From your link:

The 72-year-old tunesmith was accused in 2009 of forcing himself on 11 women he lured to his home by promising them roles in films.
He faces an incredible 82 counts of rape, sexual abuse, criminal sexual act and assault.

Wow. Just wow. I mean, I'd have him arrested just for "You Light Up My Life", but this is sickening.

Am I missing something? Why attempted murder?

As a poodle rescuer, I am personally appalled by this monster preying on her at the time of a precious dog's loss.

The apple doesn't fall...............

NEW YORK -- The son of an Oscar-winning songwriter was arrested Friday on charges of choking his Peruvian-born girlfriend, a fashion designer found dead and half-clothed in a bathtub overflowing with water in a posh hotel, police said.

Nicholas Brooks, 24, was arrested on charges of attempted murder and strangulation in the death of Sylvie Cachay, who was discovered around 3 a.m. Thursday at the Soho House hotel. He has been at a police precinct more than a day and was cooperating with investigators, who obtained a search warrant to take swabs from under his fingernails.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/1...fiend-new-york-city-hotel-room/#ixzz17rjWYSD8

As a poodle rescuer, I am personally appalled by this monster preying on her at the time of a precious dog's loss.

I left the same way reading that he came into her life when her dog died. I'm sure she was especially vulnerable. I've lost pets, so I know what an emotional roller coaster you are on when your pet dies. I think he was a real lowlife. And all that info about the father makes me sick. These are the kind of people that just make your skin crawl. And he was unemployed and living in a $4000 a month place?? Doesn't seem like he was on the same level as her at all. She was a very talented and had her whole life in front of her. Very Sad.

Apparently Le has ruled her death a homicide. However, the medical examiner has ruled her death inconclusive. It is waiting for the results of toxicology tests which should take a few weeks.

One of my best friends is a stylist, and he worked with Sylvie a couple of times over the last few years in styling her models for fashion shows. He told me she was incredibly sweet, completely approachable and flexible unlike many others he works with in the industry, and very talented yet humble. Also, Sylvie lived in my neighborhood prior to her death and she looks familiar to me, like I may have passed her on the street a few times. This one hits close to home, and it just makes me so sad and angry that this loser 'suffering' from testosterone poisoning, this trustafarian who has probably never worked a day in his life, was so easily able to snuff out the life of this beautiful soul. RIP Sylvie. Murder charges are definitely coming; hopefully this cretin and his father will both be in jail for a very long time, very soon. clearly the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.

One of my best friends is a stylist, and he worked with Sylvie a couple of times over the last few years in styling her models for fashion shows. He told me she was incredibly sweet, completely approachable and flexible unlike many others he works with in the industry, and very talented yet humble. Also, Sylvie lived in my neighborhood prior to her death and she looks familiar to me, like I may have passed her on the street a few times. This one hits close to home, and it just makes me so sad and angry that this loser 'suffering' from testosterone poisoning, this trustafarian who has probably never worked a day in his life, was so easily able to snuff out the life of this beautiful soul. RIP Sylvie. Murder charges are definitely coming; hopefully this cretin and his father will both be in jail for a very long time, very soon. clearly the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.
hmmm :waitasec: thanks for the new words: trustafarian; testosterone poisoning. Never heard those before. ;)

It is more than likely this guy, but we are not sure yet.
However, she was way too young to go and way too precious.
It is so sad when a special spirit is gone with no reason.
Such a senseless death. :(

How very sad. She had her whole life and this nut job had to take it away
for no reason at all. Just a waste.

I am moved to tears that such a talented young lady lost her life
again to her bf.

Rest in Peace
Goz

Sylvie Cachay Murder: Nicholas Brooks Indicted in Connection With Designer's Death

Nicholas Brooks, son of Academy Award-winning songwriter Joseph Brooks, has been indicted in the death of swimsuit designer Sylvie Cachay at a posh New York hotel.

Manhattan prosecutors announced Brooks' indictment Thursday, but did not disclose the charge and said details will not be released until a later court date.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20025897-504083.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back