Identified! PA - Philadelphia, LIVING female, comatose, Aug'10 - Michelle Bateman

From the above link:

"Jane Doe" - white, 5-foot-5 and 140 to 150 pounds, probably in her 40s, with salt-and-pepper hair - went into cardiac arrest on a park bench in Kensington on the evening of Aug. 13. The paramedics who tried to resuscitate her found nothing in her pockets, no slogans on her green T-shirt, nothing notable about her windbreaker, jeans shorts and white sneakers. She has no scars, no indication of drug use or violence.

About the only thing social workers have to go on are three names on three tattoos: "Bruce" (in a ribbon surrounded by a heart) on her left arm; "Dave" on her right arm; "David" on her left calf.

in pictures 2 and 3 she looks male to me. the first pic is a very clear face shot.

if she was milling about this park and no one seems to recognize her, the first thing that comes to mind with me is whether there were any dwellings for transients. I don't mean homeless per se but boarding houses and the like where someone collecting SSI or SSD might be able to maintain a bed.

There are lots of rooming houses, rooms, (often unlicensed) and umpteen recovery houses in the area. Sometimes people move alot depending on finances or when places are shut down, or utilities are shut off. Per photo 1 her hair had been cut (? shaved) on arrival and is growing back. She might be more recognizable with more hair or a different style.

she looks very Spanish to me. not Hispanic, but as if she was from Spain. certainly a Mediterranean appearance.

if she lived in a boarding house, it makes me wonder who is taking her assistance checks?

also, if she had been institutionalized in the past, I wonder what records they keep? but where to start is the question.

For the past four months, police and hospital officials in Philadelphia have been relentlessly searching for any clues to help identify a woman who has been hospitalized and unconscious since August.

“Jane Doe,” described as either white or Hispanic, 5-foot-5 and 140 to 150 pounds, probably in her 30's or 40's, with salt-and-pepper hair has been on life support in the Hospital at the University of Pennsylvania since August 13, with no leads on who she is or where she is from.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/1...ne-doe-remains-philly-hospital/#ixzz17rUfZqpg

For the past four months, police and hospital officials in Philadelphia have been relentlessly searching for any clues to help identify a woman who has been hospitalized and unconscious since August.

“Jane Doe,” described as either white or Hispanic, 5-foot-5 and 140 to 150 pounds, probably in her 30's or 40's, with salt-and-pepper hair has been on life support in the Hospital at the University of Pennsylvania since August 13, with no leads on who she is or where she is from.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/1...ne-doe-remains-philly-hospital/#ixzz17rUfZqpg

Her name has not been given out, but she has been identified. Very sad story.
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...pital/19757351?icid=maing|main5|1|link2|30698

From the aol article linked above:

In a bittersweet reunion, the woman's son was headed to the hospital Sunday night to see his mother, whose family had been searching for her in all the wrong places since her disappearance.

"That article, it just helped us so much," the hospital's associate director for social work, Patricia Meehan, told AOL News in a telephone interview.

"But the strange thing is: this has made the whole story sadder, really. She does have children, and her parents are alive and her father is sick. It's made the whole story sadder than it was. But at least we're able to have her family come in and be with her."

Meehan was not able to release the woman's name until her identity was completely confirmed..

So it appears an 'official' id is still pending. Hopefully an official id won't take long. (but I gotta wonder, why no missing persons report? :banghead: - especially if the family had been looking for her since the night she was discovered in August. )

Fingers crossed for this woman and her family.
We need some of these Christmas miracles this time of year.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/home_top_stories/111837019.html?viewAll=y

Posted on Tue, Dec. 14, 2010
Family identifies unconscious woman
By Don Sapatkin
Inquirer Staff Writer

An unconscious woman who has been hospitalized for four months has finally been identified by her family, solving one mystery but opening another: Why did it take so long?

Michelle Bateman, 43 - a mother, daughter, sister, and friend - went into cardiac arrest on a park bench in Kensington on Aug. 13. She never regained consciousness.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/home_top_stories/111837019.html?viewAll=y

Posted on Tue, Dec. 14, 2010
Family identifies unconscious woman
By Don Sapatkin
Inquirer Staff Writer

Thank you so much for posting this summer_breeze. The above article is well worth the read as it shows how many in Michelle's family were looking for her and the efforts they had made to locate her over the last 4 months or so.

I do hope there are follow up media articles indicating what went wrong with all the efforts and why it took so long to finally id Michelle when her family was looking for her all along.

Prayers sent for Michelle and her family.

Thank you so much for posting this summer_breeze. The above article is well worth the read as it shows how many in Michelle's family were looking for her and the efforts they had made to locate her over the last 4 months or so.

I do hope there are follow up media articles indicating what went wrong with all the efforts and why it took so long to finally id Michelle when her family was looking for her all along.

Prayers sent for Michelle and her family.

I hope so too, Cubby. At this point, there sure seems to be no excuse whatsoever.

I hope so too, Cubby. At this point, there sure seems to be no excuse whatsoever.

This has happened time and again and again and again here. Reason? Excuse? Location, location, location.

Where Michelle was found people don't carry ID. You're labeled. You're fit into a catagory especially if you're caucasian. The label goes as this addict, prostitute, dealer, lookout and the latter two usually aren't white, females.

You have a record it's supposed to be easier to ID you. Not the case here.

Michelle's family I am praying for and her as well. It's so very sad.

This woman had a massive heart attack in August 2010 in Philadelphia, and was still unidentified in December. She was found near the intersection of Somerset Street and Kensington Avenue.

The woman has tattoos that say, “David,” “Dave,” and "Bruce" with a heart.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/1...ne-doe-remains-philly-hospital/#ixzz1Eucf3Esa
janedoe.jpg

Edit: never mind, she was identified

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMo...y-found-month-search/story?id=12387079&page=2

At the same time, Bateman's relatives told the newspaper they were searching for her as well. They said they filed a missing persons report, but the Philadelphia Police Department claims to have no record of it. Relatives also say Bateman has a criminal record, including arrests for prostitution and drug possession, so her fingerprints were in the system.

Police, however, were unable to match them to the then-unidentified Bateman when requested by the hospital. The department told the paper it is trying to determine what happened to the missing persons report, and doesn't know why her fingerprints couldn't be matched.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back