DE DE - Odessa, Rt 9 & Vance Neck Rd, WhtFem 701UFDE, 20-35, Nov'93

kpdx

RIP Precious Lisa Roberts
Reaction score
Just added this month:

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on November 25, 1993 in Odessa, New Castle County, Delaware
* Estimated Date of Death: Over 3 months prior
* Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 20-35 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1-5'2"
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair.
* Dentals: Available. The victims tooth # 13 is a diminutive tooth, 2/3 the normal crown dimension. Tooth #20 is rotated to the linual side. Teeth 23, 24, 25, 26 are slightly crowded. No staining or deposits indicative of tobacco use. Good dental health.

Case History
The victim was found 3 miles northeast of Odessa, DE in an overgrown field on state property known as the William J. Baxter memorial Park, west of Delaware Route 9 and south of Vance Neck Road.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Hal Brown
Delaware Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
302-577-3421
Email
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
93-1195

NCIC Number:
U-695879247
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
NamUs
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/701ufde.html

Here are some possibles right off the bat:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/340dfnj.html

like the hair, height, teeth, and circumstances.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/602dfpa.html

like the hair and circumstances. distance maybe a little far (3+ hours)

Right you are Jules...I'll remove, but then you have to remove the quote.

My hometown is Townsend De. My kids went to kindergarden in Odessa
I don't remember this... but I am going to sleuth could be just age.
if you go out of Odessa on Rt.13 their a bridge call St. Georges going about 10 to 15 miles into New Castle their a strip along the hwy for runs down hotels and druggie and prostitutes hang outs.
RT 9 used to be all backroads in 93' with lot wetlands out that way.

The victim was discovered on November 25, 1993 in Odessa, New Castle County, Delaware
Estimated Date of Death: Over 3 months prior
Skeletal Remains

Estimated age: 20-35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1-5'2"
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair.
Dentals: Available. The victims tooth # 13 is a diminutive tooth, 2/3 the normal crown dimension. Tooth #20 is rotated to the linual side. Teeth 23, 24, 25, 26 are slightly crowded. No staining or deposits indicative of tobacco use. Good dental health.

Case History
The victim was found 3 miles northeast of Odessa, DE in an overgrown field on state property known as the William J. Baxter Memorial Park, west of Delaware Route 9 and south of Vance Neck Road.

oops. forgot to add links: The Doe Network Case File 701UFDE

Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gosselin_arisoneide.html

Attachments

• 701UFDE1.jpg
    701UFDE1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 254
Arisoneide Oliveira Gosselin

Notice tooth #13 on Gosselin (at least I think that's the right tooth)

Missing since May 28, 1992 from Turlock, Stanislaus County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: November 25, 1960
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 31 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1-5'2; 90-100 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Born in Brazil. Brown hair; brown eyes. She is fluent in Portuguese, and speaks English with a slight accent. She looked much younger than her age.
* Birthmarks, Scars: Gosselin has a 12-inch scar on her abdomen.
* Dentals: Available.
* AKA: Neide.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Gosselin was last seen in Turlock, California on May 28, 1992. Gosselin vanished after dropping off her 10-year-old daughter at the home of a playmate. Gosselin failed to pick up her daughter at the designated time. She was last seen by a friend who saw her driving her car near her home at about 14.00 the same day.
After Gosselin failed to pick up her daughter, the parents of the playmate went to the Gosselin residence. The friends looked through the window and could see Gosselin's wallet on the kitchen table. Gosselin's car was parked in the garage and the front door was unlocked. At around 23.00, there was still no sign of her and the parents of the girl's friend called police.

Gosselin left her wallet, all her IDs, all her credit cards, and her checks at home. She didn't take any clothing, any suitcase, anything that would indicate she was leaving.

Gosselin had been having medical problems stemming from an automobile accident in 1988. In addition, she and her husband of 10 years had been having marital problems. The two had separated, but the husband had moved back into the couple's home after a reconciliation. He told police he last saw his wife at 4:30, May 28 when he left for work.

Gosselin is described as very consistent and family-oriented.
Foul play is suspected.

Attachments

• AGosselin.jpg
    AGosselin.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 701UFDE1.jpg
    701UFDE1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 117
  • AGosselin1.jpg
    AGosselin1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 119
Arisoneide Oliveira Gosselin

Notice tooth #13 on Gosselin (at least I think that's the right tooth)

For the upper teeth they are indexed right to left (1-16), and the lowers, left to right (17-32). So the gap in Aristoneide's side-view photo would be either a gap between #5 and #6, or a missing tooth #4 or #5 (or a gap and a missing tooth).

Fortunately, Hal Brown provided actual photos of the skull in NamUs. And lo-and-behold, #4 is missing antemortem (in addition to a missing wisdom tooth #1). It looks like the #5 that is missing, but the NamUs chart indicates the missing tooth as #4. The #5 is tilted back into the space left by the missing #4, thereby leaving a gap between #5 and #6.

2286401750045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

4a66bbdd-b932-46bf-93a7-0ddb5176df10.jpg
gosselin_arisoneide.jpg

I'm not sure how she would have gotten from California to Delaware, but the timeline is good, the height is spot-on, and she sure looks like the recon.

I'd say call it in. Hal Brown is a nice guy, so I'm sure you will get a respectful ear.

BTW, here are the links to Arisoneide's Charley page, and the UID's NamUs and DoeNet pages.

Arisoneide Oliveira Gosselin http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gosselin_arisoneide.html
NamUs UP Case 2212 https://identifyus.org/cases/2212
DoeNetwork Case 701UFDE http://doenetwork.org/cases/701ufde.html

BTW, this was the only recon that I have ever tried doing based only on a skull.

The only thing I took from the other recon was the hairstyle.

Carl, I was wondering about how you did the reconstruction, because I knew you didn't really base it on the original. I was hoping you had seen postmortem photos, but then I realized the remains were skeletal. Excellent work! Please keep it up. Your reconstructions bring a glimmer of life & hope.

Thank you.

With deep respect,

Tamar

p.s. I noticed that there are several photos of the skull on NamUS... would you be willing to do an overlay of the skull on Gosselin's photos?? Even her profile shot could be used, I think.

Carl, I was wondering about how you did the reconstruction, because I knew you didn't really base it on the original. I was hoping you had seen postmortem photos, but then I realized the remains were skeletal. Excellent work! Please keep it up. Your reconstructions bring a glimmer of life & hope.

Thank you.

With deep respect,

Tamar

I was looking at the recon that was available in DoeNet, and when I saw the skulls in NamUs, I tried to overlay them over the recon. The skull didn't align at all to the official recon.

I had been wondering to myself whether I would be to do a recon based only on a skull. I knew from the other reconstruction what her hair looked like, so I gave it a shot. Of course, I don't have charts of standard tissue depths like the experts use, but I showed it to Hal Brown, along with this image demonstrating the alignment of her facial features to the skull.

8dd913a1-7076-4131-9abd-5f4904b13574.jpg
4a66bbdd-b932-46bf-93a7-0ddb5176df10.jpg

He liked it, and went ahead and put it up on NamUs, and sent it to DoeNet and asked them to put it side-by-side with the other recon.

p.s. I noticed that there are several photos of the skull on NamUS... would you be willing to do an overlay of the skull on Gosselin's photos?? Even her profile shot could be used, I think.

A Gosselin Odessa Skull Overlay - YouTube

ETA: Arisoneide's head is turned a degree or two to her left (making her right cheek appear very slightly larger than the left cheek), so the lateral alignment is a slight bit off.

Carl,

Thank you. Gosselin looks even more like a match now.

Keep doing those skull recons. Your work is very realistic and somehow less disturbing than many of the other recon styles I've seen.

I sent an email to Hal Brown, but have not heard back, so I don't know if I should consider this officially submitted yet. Sometimes I never hear back and then I wonder if my email went directly to a junk file.

I haven't contacted the LE in Turlock tho... I have submitted possible matches in the past to them and never heard back, so I don't know if it's worth trying.

I just heard back from Hal Brown. He is requesting dental records from Turlock Sheriff Dept. and said he'll contact me when he finds out anything conclusive.

Another point of corroboration can be found in the NamUs images section in the newspaper clipping about the forensic artist that did the original recon.

It says that the unidentified woman had "may once have given birth to a child". This detail is not indicated in DoeNet or anywhere else in NamUs.

Arisoneide had one daughter at the time of her disappearance.

Turlock Detective Bertram wrote me today to say that dental records have been compared and are not a match.

Turlock Detective Bertram wrote me today to say that dental records have been compared and are not a match.

In an e-mail pertaining to a different case, Hal Brown mentioned this case and said the following regarding Arisoneide Oliveira Gosselin

Arisoneide Oliveira Gosselin was forensically excluded on Friday evening 1-7-11. Det. Brandon Bertram was able to supply dental radiographs that afternoon. Det. Bertram of the Turlock Police has been terrific to work with.

I sent Gosselin's deental radiographs to Dr. Richard Scanlon (NamUs Regional Forensic Odontologist). Within the hour, Dr. Scalon performed a comparison to UP 2212. UP 2212 has only 4 amalgam restorations, while Arisoneide Gosselin has extensive dental treatment including a crown on #14. There are several other dental differences making this a very solid dental exclusion. I immediately called Det. Bertram with news of the exclusion; this case was looking promising for a match! But, we struck out again; Det. Bertram advised he would inform Tamar *advertiser censored* :censored: *advertiser censored*

He also said the following in a subsequent e-mail.

I sincerely hope you and other folks like you, will continue with the much appreciated search efforts! -Hal

Since this skull has all of the teeth which were present at the time of death, I decided that I should show them in the reconstruction.

I revised this recon, and did a lot more work to give her a more lifelike appearance.

bc32a78f-57da-4646-ad07-18d07aacc246.jpg

What do you think of Glenda Fields as a possibility?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2500dftn.html

Unfortunately, there is not much to go on but the teeth are what jumped out at me. It's very unusual to see a gap at the top of the teeth and come together and it appears the Glenda has a similar gap to the UID. The timeline also would be accurate as it mentions that the UID had been there a time period greater than three months.

What do you think of Glenda Fields as a possibility?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2500dftn.html

Unfortunately, there is not much to go on but the teeth are what jumped out at me. It's very unusual to see a gap at the top of the teeth and come together and it appears the Glenda has a similar gap to the UID. The timeline also would be accurate as it mentions that the UID had been there a time period greater than three months.

Could be. Too bad there isn't much more info on her, such as height.

Here's her Charley page with a little bit of extra info in "Details of Disappearance", but not much more.
fields_glenda.jpg
bc32a78f-57da-4646-ad07-18d07aacc246.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fields_glenda.html

I know- I couldn't find anything about height either which discourages me about them finding any information (dental or dna) for Glenda that could be used to match her up to the UID. What does LE do in situations like this? Do they attempt to locate a family member of the missing to receive a DNA sample? As sad as it is, my guess is that if they don't strongly believe that the missing person may be the UID then they won't waste the time, money and effort to gather this information. Do you think this is generally true?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back