OH OH - Nikki Forrest, 19, pregnant, Piqua, 25 Sep 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.whiotv.com/news/26127310/detail.html

Police Search For Missing Piqua Woman
Posted: 8:16 am EST December 14, 2010

PIQUA, Ohio -- Police in Piqua are looking for a missing woman who was last seen on Sept. 25 in Piqua.

Nikki Lyn Forrest, 20, is pregnant. According to police, a few days after her disappearance, some medication belonging to her was found at the covered bridge on Eldean Road off County Road 25-A between Piqua and Troy.

Forrest is about 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs around 160 to 180 pounds.

If you have any information about where Forrest may be, contact, Piqua police at 778-2027.

26127219_240X135.jpg

Thank you for posting this, I heard about it on the way home and the first thing I did was check to see if she was listed here. She's been missing since September, and was just reported missing Tuesday?? I don't live very far from that area and I can't believe this wasn't reported sooner!

Wanted to add, the area code for that contact number would be (937) 778-2027.

She disappeared in September, but has a history of being a runaway when she was younger, so the police (to whom it was reported the day after she disappeared) neglected to contact any media sources. A member of her family finally contacted the news themselves to draw attention to her.

Are the police ultimately responsible for contacting the media, or should that be left to the family? Not sure.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8754/0/ for more information.

She disappeared in September, but has a history of being a runaway when she was younger, so the police (to whom it was reported the day after she disappeared) neglected to contact any media sources. A member of her family finally contacted the news themselves to draw attention to her.

Are the police ultimately responsible for contacting the media, or should that be left to the family? Not sure.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8754/0/ for more information.

Welcome! I am sure someone will be able to answer you.

Welcome! I am sure someone will be able to answer you.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm related to Nikki, so you'll see me mostly in this forum, but I'm scanning other posts to see where I can help.

Dassala - Welcome to WebSleuths! I am sorry it is under the circumstances.

Prayers for Nikki, the baby, family and friends.

I do not believe that LE are obligated to issue a press release(s) to the media, although many law enforcement agencies do provide press releases for missing persons to their local media. Have you asked the assigned detective or police officer if they will assist you with contacts in the media?

Please see the sticky note at the top of this forum "What to do". It might help. Do you have a "missing" poster put together? The local police should have one for Nikki. If not, there are many talented people here who can help you with creating one!

We have been using the poster provided to us by NamUs. It's posted locally and we've been notifying as many local residents as possible.

After the media was contacted, the police provided interviews to the local news. I guess we were just surprised that after another local woman disappeared (Tiffany Tehan) and it made national news, that cases wouldn't be immediately reported. Especially a pregnant woman who needed medication!

We just really appreciate all of the locals on this forum and others who have been helping us.

We have been using the poster provided to us by NamUs. It's posted locally and we've been notifying as many local residents as possible.

After the media was contacted, the police provided interviews to the local news. I guess we were just surprised that after another local woman disappeared (Tiffany Tehan) and it made national news, that cases wouldn't be immediately reported. Especially a pregnant woman who needed medication!

We just really appreciate all of the locals on this forum and others who have been helping us.

Dassala, I am so sorry that this case isn't getting the attention it deserves. I'm originally from the Englewood area (I live near Richmond now), and this concerns me greatly. I don't understand why some cases get more exposure than others. I think the best thing the family can do is to keep pushing the media in the area. Any additional information you can provide here will also be helpful.

Praying for Nikki, the baby, and the family.

http://www.dailycall.com/main.asp?SectionID=86&SubSectionID=164&ArticleID=169577&TM=78087.55

12/18/2010 7:09:00 AM
Piqua resident not seen since Sept.
Staff report

PIQUA - Police say they have received no new leads regarding missing pregnant Piqua woman Nikki Lyn Forrest, who vanished without a trace in late September.

<snipped>
A few days after the disappearance, an elderly couple found her medication and later returned it to the Kroger in Piqua. Police think the couple could help with their investigation of the missing pregnant woman, but do not know their identities.

Hi all,

I was urged by a moderator to update, and I didn't realize how long it'd been since I'd been on here.

There really aren't any huge updates to give, but we've ruled out one place Nikki could have gone of her own volition. We had assumed that she might have gone to Texas to visit her older brother Matthew, who is currently serving a prison term for arson. My mother (her paternal aunt) just received a letter from Matthew, asking us why she hasn't written him in a while. Apparently, although we asked the Piqua Police to contact him MONTHS ago, they never did. We're not really sure how to tell him that his little sister is nowhere to be found.

There was one slightly unsettling other bit of news (which I forgot to share with the moderator on the phone -- apologies!), which came from Nikki's ex-Step Mother, who is one of the police's main contacts on her case. She said she received a phonecall from a young lady, who claimed to be a friend of Nikki's. The girl said that Nikki was fine and that there was no need to look for her, and that Nikki had asked her to make the phonecall for her.

I guess my question is...why wouldn't Nikki call for herself? She has ALWAYS had a cell phone glued to her hand at one point or another, and loves to stay in constant contact with her family about her personal life.

With no contact over Thanksgiving, Christmas or the New Year...we're starting to fear the worst. The police department has neglected to return any of our phonecalls, so we can't obtain any further updates.

Thanks for your continued support, all. We really appreciate it.

Thank you so much dassala!

Please know that prayers are said and we check each and every day for new information. Please call on any of us if you need help!

~Summer

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Enforcement/Unsolved-Cases/Missing-Persons/Missing-People/Forrest

Nikki Lyn Forrest Lost, injured or missing
Missing from: Piqua, Ohio
Missing since: 9/25/2010
Missing age: 19
Current age: 20
Date of birth: 11/29/1990
Race/Ethnicity: White
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 133 lbs
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Brown

Details
Nikki has a "Scarecrow" with the caption "If I only had a brain" on upper right arm, a "Moth" from the "Silence of the Lambs" on her stomach a "Bat" with a "Celtic knot" on the center of her lower back. She may be in need of medication.

Contact
Anyone with additional information or questions regarding this case should contact Piqua Police Department at (937) 778-2027.

http://www.whiotv.com/video/26907721/index.html

No new leads, but we're glad they're re-running information on her. A search warrant was executed in Troy in December, but no details were given on the search.

I imagine this came to light recently just because of the disappearance of another young mother in the area. Unfortunately, that story ended tragically...we still pray every day that Nikki and her baby come home safely.

Thank you. As far as I know, nothing new. But more national exposure is always a help.

Nikki's due date was early March. I've been monitoring area hospitals, and I'm sure the local police have too.

As always, prayers are appreciated.

I live in Piqua, and this is the first I have heard of this. I pray that Nikki and Baby come home soon ! I will pray that she comes home soon ! God Bless her and her family !

Long time; no solid updates. Thanks, MommaTracy...keep an eye out, will you?

The police conducted searches on births and did not find Nikki to have given birth at any time (I don't know what range they checked). They ran her social and stats and got nothing.

With no new leads and going on 8 months missing, there's not a lot of hope left.

On Good Friday, a call was received from Nikki's ex-stepmother. She claimed to have gotten text messages from someone who called themselves "Niki". Now, Nikki has always been strange about how people spell her name. It could be a typo, but not sure. When she called the number from which the texts came, a male answered and said a girl had stolen his phone briefly, made a call and sent a few text messages. He said she had dark hair, was slightly overweight, and looked "messed up". He said he was standing somewhere in Piqua at the time.

I guess I'm suspicious because 1. Who would have her ex-stepmother's number? 2. If she couldn't type her name right, how could she type in the number correctly? 3. Who did the girl call?

Frustrated. I'm hoping the police are looking into this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back