WA WA - David Boniske, 21, Olympia, 23 July 1977

Michle315

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1266dmwa.html

David Reuben Boniske
Missing since July 23, 1977, from Olympia, Thurston County, Washington.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: September 24, 1955
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'5"; 170 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel/blue eyes. Wears glasses.
* Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Boniske was last seen on July 23, 1977, at his home in Olympia, Washington.
He was an Evergreen State College student at the time. Boniske disappeared without telling anyone where he was going.

A telephone and other credit cards which he normally used have not been used since his disappearance. Some cash and a check were also left at the college, along with Boniske's camera and hang glider. At the time of his disappearance, Boniske had a science project going involving the camera, which he used extensively. His disappearance occurred in the middle of the project.

Boniske's car was found in Seattle. The car had been stripped of all identification. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Thurston County Sheriffs Department
360-786-5500

Agency Case Number: 7713827

NCIC Number: M-016429924
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

His brother thinks he is in a truck in the water somewhere; I talked to him. Very sad case. I guess no one will know anything until his truck or body resurfaces. Hopefully, though, he is alive. Of course that is the ideal scenario. But he seems like a family oriented man, not someone who would just pick up and go. So he's probably in harm's way or he met with bad company. :-(

His brother thinks he is in a truck in the water somewhere; I talked to him. Very sad case. I guess no one will know anything until his truck or body resurfaces. Hopefully, though, he is alive. Of course that is the ideal scenario. But he seems like a family oriented man, not someone who would just pick up and go. So he's probably in harm's way or he met with bad company. :-(

According to Doe Network, his truck was found in Seattle. Is that not correct or is his brother not aware that they found the truck?

According to Doe Network, his truck was found in Seattle. Is that not correct or is his brother not aware that they found the truck?

I'm so sorry, but now I don't know if that was a typo and if I meant to write that his brother thinks his "body" is in the water somewhere (not truck)-- or if he had 2 vehicles.

I had spoke to David's brother just once in 2013. He had told me that David's car was scrapped. I even just went back to my old log and I had notated that the car was scrapped and damaged. I did send David's brother an email after we spoke, but I didn't hear back from him. I don't want to be a nuisance and message him again, because I don't want to uncover an old wound. But this case has always perplexed me. There were a few other cases in which the cars were found scrapped for parts-- local to this-- around the same time, and all men of similar ages.

Oh ok, I just thought Doe Network might have been wrong.

This is an interesting case. I came across it today for the first time while researching the case of David Sampson who was also 21 and disappeared from Seattle that same year.

David was ruled out today as one of the unidentified Gacy victims

I'm so sorry, but now I don't know if that was a typo and if I meant to write that his brother thinks his "body" is in the water somewhere (not truck)-- or if he had 2 vehicles.

I had spoke to David's brother just once in 2013. He had told me that David's car was scrapped. I even just went back to my old log and I had notated that the car was scrapped and damaged. I did send David's brother an email after we spoke, but I didn't hear back from him. I don't want to be a nuisance and message him again, because I don't want to uncover an old wound. But this case has always perplexed me. There were a few other cases in which the cars were found scrapped for parts-- local to this-- around the same time, and all men of similar ages.

I’ve alw

I would love to solve this case after all these years. David would have been my uncle, he was my mom’s sister. He grew up in Asheville, NC so I’m guessing there weren’t a ton of resources back then for the family to use from so far away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back