This little one is lucky to be ALIVE

WasBlind

Former Member
Reaction score
Terrifying Ordeal, Girl Stuck in Washer

READING, PENNSYLVANIA — What started out as a dare turned into a terrifying ordeal for a Pennsylvania girl
Eight-year-old Anna Moyer is still bruised and sore after being stuck in a triple loading washing machine for more than five minutes. She says she got into the machine on a dare. Then, a friend put in a few coins and turned it on.

Luckily some adults were close by. They frantically dismantled the washer – literally pulling wires apart to turn the machine off and get Anna out.

The little girl says she learned a valuable lesson. She said, "I won't do no dares, I won't go in it every again."

Anna says she is now afraid to even enter a laundry room.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/090204_nw_washing_machine_kid.html

OMG ~ crazy kids, doing things on dares :slap:

I am so happy there were adults there to help, can you imagine how frantic they were trying to get her out. The water could have been scalding as well ~ hope she really learned her lesson!

Hope her "friend" who dared her, who let her get in, who put the coins in, & who turned on the washer also Learns a Lesson. Some friend---wonder if he or she was alot older than the little girl. If my kid got into the machine, or was the one who turned it on, she would be definitely "Grounded for Life". Also, I've heard of this sort of thing happening before, most recently with fatal results. Just like those big warning labels on blow-dryer cords, and like those fairly graphic warning stickers that are on your automatic garage door opener panel, similar large graphic warning stickers should be required by law on all washers and dryers, whether for commercial or home use. It won't stop someone who's determined to be stupid, but might stop a little kid from taking a dare.

I live in a small town, and we have a couple of laundrymats that are open 24 hrs a day. It kinda worries me, because they are unattended, self-service. What if a couple of kids got in there, and were playing at a time when there were no adults. Apartment complexes also usually have open laundry rooms where kids play. And adults are not always present. Scary thought!

I raised 5 kids and trust me they did (still do) some nutty stuff. Usually they put each other in the dryer not the washer.

When I was sixteen and doing laundry at the local mat, my boyfriend and I were kissing in front of an open dryer. Someone walked in and for some STUPID reason, he quickly convinced me to get into the dryer, and he shut the door. Neither of us knew that there was time left on the dryer (Now I am wondering if he put coins in without me knowing), Needless to say, the dryer started up when he closed the door and let me tell you, I was scared s***less!!! He was standing in front of the door blocking the view from the 'intruder' so I couldn't even push the door open to stop the spin. It took him about 30 seconds to open the door but that 30 seconds felt like a death sentence. I had to hold onto the slats to keep from being slammed and dropped. I was too scared to notice any heat but I am sure that would have come next. He did apologize and of course I felt stupid for even going in there. It happened so fast and I didn't even think that anything other than a quick hiding prank was in progress. Pretty dumb and very scary!!

Now everyone repeat after me:
I will go to my kids RIGHT NOW, and tell them not to get in a washing machine or dryer, NO MATTER WHAT! EVER!!!!!!

I can't even tell you how many times I've told my kids not to get into anything that closes without permission. I've even closed them in a "fairly" safe toy box with air vents and a safety lid, and they saw right away that in the wrong position, they couldn't get the lid up. Convinced them quick that I wasn't talking through my hat. I'm still working on the "only idiots take a dare" speech.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back