2010.12.17 File Turned Over to D.A.

FaerieB

Reaction score
Zahra Baker investigation file delivered to DA

Progress is being made in the Zahra Baker case.

Hickory police investigators have worked steadily since 10-year-old Zahra was reported missing on Oct. 9, and they delivered their findings to the District Attorney’s Office Thursday.

more at link:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...-da-ar-627244/

Please give us all a Christmas present, and make arrest(s) before Christmas!

Oh this is fabulous news!

“Yesterday, we turned over a preliminary case file to the District Attorney’s Office for him to start reviewing and consider what course of action he wants to take concerning who he wants to charge and what charges he wants to pursue,” said Chief Tom Adkins of the Hickory Police Department.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...rs-investigation-file-delivered-da-ar-627244/

On Adam

He, too, is scheduled to appear in a Lenoir courtroom Jan. 27, on charges of failure to return rental property, two counts of communicating threats, assault with a deadly weapon and four counts of worthless checks. He’s scheduled to be back in a Newton courtroom Jan. 21 on four worthless check charges.
These days Adam Baker is keeping a low profile.
“We have not requested any further information from him within the last month,” Adkins said.

Stopped wasting their time? Well the wording of this entire article certainly leaves me to believe they expect to charge both concerning the heinous murder of this precious child.

I'm desperately hoping this is handled within the next week. Precious Zahra doesn't get to spend Christmas here on earth, and I despise the thought that whoever is responsible may get to celebrate the holidays with family and/or friends.

I'm desperately hoping this is handled within the next week. Precious Zahra doesn't get to spend Christmas here on earth, and I despise the thought that whoever is responsible may get to celebrate the holidays with family and/or friends.

BBM

Feeling the exact same way! Unfortunately I don't think any charges will come until after the holidays, hope I am wrong because no mercy should be given to anyone involved.

Oh I am so glad to see some news on this case, I was begining to wonder what in the world was going on.....

I truly understand how daunting the task of finding out who harmed this precious child must be/was. But, like every one else I am saying, Its about time. Hopefully all involved in this get charged before Christmas. I can honestly say that would be one of the best presents I have ever received.

BBM

Feeling the exact same way! Unfortunately I don't think any charges will come until after the holidays, hope I am wrong because no mercy should be given to anyone involved.

Though, it would be a mercy to wait, possibly, to the LE and DA office, who might have a chance to decompress the next couple of weeks, which might allow them to get a fresh start on the charges.

I truly understand how daunting the task of finding out who harmed this precious child must be/was. But, like every one else I am saying, Its about time. Hopefully all involved in this get charged before Christmas. I can honestly say that would be one of the best presents I have ever received.

Amen.

Your post was just too good to snip. :)

Zahra Baker investigation file delivered to DA

Progress is being made in the Zahra Baker case.

Hickory police investigators have worked steadily since 10-year-old Zahra was reported missing on Oct. 9, and they delivered their findings to the District Attorney’s Office Thursday.

more at link:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...-da-ar-627244/

Please give us all a Christmas present, and make arrest(s) before Christmas!

Here are some miscellaneous facts fro the article mentioned above:
Her next court date is scheduled for Jan. 27 in Lenoir on more than a dozen charges.

"Her charges include fictitious tag, driving while license revoked, operating a vehicle with no insurance, unsafe tires, fraudulent disposal of rental property, failure to return rental property, four counts of communicating threats and six counts of worthless checks.Her next court date is scheduled for Jan. 27 in Lenoir on more than a dozen charges.

Her charges include fictitious tag, driving while license revoked, operating a vehicle with no insurance, unsafe tires, fraudulent disposal of rental property, failure to return rental property, four counts of communicating threats and six counts of worthless checks."

My thoughts too....

Whoever killed/dismembered/contributed should not be on the street this Christmas.

Kind of OT: Investigator in Zahra case charged with DWI after crashing into tree

This is being discussed on the "Emotional Toll" thread. However, I am confident this will not affect Zahra's case at all.

Falowski was among the officers investigating the Zahra Baker case. Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins said Falowski’s assignment to administrative duty will not adversely affect the Baker case or the other cases he was working on.

From this link: http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/dec/16/hickory-officer-charged-dwi-ar-623848/

Zahra%20Baker%20and%20Santa_0.jpg

Merry Christmas, dear Zahra. You will always live in our hearts.

She looks so like her mum in that photo with Santa. Hoping her mum can still enjoy Christmas through the eyes of her other little ones as she mourns the Christmas that could have been with Zahra.

As to the file being turned over. I do not want to say what my fears are. I am afraid we won't see charges for a while. IMO the article and the tone of the statements from LE regarding teh handing over the case file does not give me confidence that there is a slam dunk case here against either EB or AB. I sincerely hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling.

Zahra%20Baker%20and%20Santa_0.jpg

Merry Christmas, dear Zahra. You will always live in our hearts.

At least we know she did get to celebrate Christmas while she was here on this earth. Was this photo taken in Australia? Just curious when.......

At least we know she did get to celebrate Christmas while she was here on this earth. Was this photo taken in Australia? Just curious when.......

Based on this picture, which we know appeared in the Sept. 22/08 issue of the Townsville Bulletin, I'd say this picture had to have been taken during her time in the States. She appears to be much taller, and her permanent teeth have come in. If I had to guess, I'd say this was from Christmas 2009.

Also note that she is wearing the same shirt that she wore in many pictures. I truly believe that she adored that shirt. She was just so pretty, she looked so happy. I hope that she has a beautiful Christmas in heaven with God and his angels.

O/T somewhat I know but I couldnt help it. :angel:

Based on this picture, which we know appeared in the Sept. 22/08 issue of the Townsville Bulletin, I'd say this picture had to have been taken during her time in the States. She appears to be much taller, and her permanent teeth have come in. If I had to guess, I'd say this was from Christmas 2009.

Also note that she is wearing the same shirt that she wore in many pictures. I truly believe that she adored that shirt. She was just so pretty, she looked so happy. I hope that she has a beautiful Christmas in heaven with God and his angels.

O/T somewhat I know but I couldnt help it. :angel:

I'm thinking it needs a separate thread, so we don't get in trouble with the mods.
LOL. I'm going to go ahead and do just that!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back