WV - Deea Workman, 41, found frozen after crash, Logan County, 5 Dec 2010

wv171

Reaction score
Woman found dead in drain pipe

ACCOVILLE — A Logan County woman was found frozen to death in a drain pipe Sunday night in Accoville near Man.

Logan County Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Sonya Porter said the body of Deea Shawn Workman, 41, of Lorado, was found Sunday evening.

Porter said the deputies received a call around 4:25 p.m. about a body being found in a creek at Accoville Hollow.

<modsnip>

Porter said if anyone has any information related to this incident, they should call the Logan County Sheriff’s Department at 304-752-8590.

Read more: Logan Banner - Woman found dead in drain pipe

'
http://loganbanner.com/view/full_story/10558412/article-Woman-found-dead-in-drain-pipe?

Mom says daughter was murdered

ACCOVILLE — The mother of a woman who was found dead in a drain pipe earlier this week says her daughter was murdered.

Wanda Thompson, the mother of 41-year-old Deea Workman of Accoville, who was found Sunday dead in a drain pipe in a culvert at Accoville Hollow, said deputies told her they don't believe her daughter froze to death and a funeral home employee said Workman had suffered a head injury.

<modsnip>
Porter said the investigation is ongoing and would not release any additional information until test results came back from the M.E.’s office. Logan County Sheriff Eddie Hunter said deputies are following up on all leads and still have to do additional interviews in the case

Read more: Logan Banner - Mom says daughter was murdered

http://loganbanner.com/view/full_story/10605440/article-Mom-says-daughter-was-murdered?

Yes that was her.... That was around time her husband of only a few years drop dead of a heartattack at maybe 45 years old..

But she never was a mean person to anybody I saw.. Myself I never seen her on any "Hard Drugs" at all, Just mainly smoke little bit weed and drink a few beers or wine coolers.. But myself I never seen her on dope bad at all as some people now are trying to say she was doing now she is gone....Everybody like her.. Myself I think all that topix stuff wrote mainly about her was people jealous of her because of the huge amount of friend's she had in the area..

That topix system in that area is completely a crazy mess anyway.. People will put anything and everything on there if it true or not...

Below is story from her twin sister Dana..

I know both them girl's from I guess they was old enough to get out without there Mom right beside them..Maybe 10 or 11 years old ...

Many Years ago myself & Deea talked about going out together but at that time I was dating girl in Charleston and by time I could dump her without her busting out my windows of my TK. with rock's daily .. Deea done got hooked up with her future husband...

I know 1 thing I know she sure should never took off with that bunch she went out with that said they left her back in the woods ...

This one case I think will not be sweep under the rug by Police Dept... Everything points to her not dying even up on that mt. that night or next day..

UPDATE 12/7/10 @ 6:45 p.m.
LOGAN COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- It started as a group four-wheeling trip, but it ended in death for one woman.
Deea Workman, 41 of Lorado, was found Sunday, and now family and close friends want to know how and why she died.

"She loved everybody. She was always laughing and joking. Nothing really bothered her or got her upset," Dana Brown said about her sister Deea Workman.

<modsnip>

Deea's body has been sent to the Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Logan_County_Woman_Found_Dead_in_Drain_Pipe_111442249.html

wv171, please know I don't care weather she did a drug or not. I felt she was taken advantage of. I just posted as I thought it could be related to this case.

I'm so sorry for her sister's loss. It must be awful.

I read those topix. We need to take them with a grain of salt. I have nothing but sadness for Deea and her family. I pray they find who did this to her and make them face the law.

Thank you for the personal insight.

It's scary that the theme lately in so many cases is....With friends like that who needs enemies.

RIP Deea and prayers for her loved ones.

Well I sent family a link to us and told them we here for them if they need us..

About all I can do for right now..

I try to keep yourall updated if I can on this very strange case if I can.. And its very strange case indeed..... Strangest I ran across in this area in a very long time..

Only thing I know if I done that to somebody I would went stright to jail the Sunday evening when they found her close to 24 hours after they left her back up in the woods all alone to start with... Last people with her was too drunk or on drug's to even talk to local police officer's clear around 6:00 PM that Sunday evening..

Anybody else I bet would done like I would done, Quit drinking & went for help and got that Blazer unstuck or put gas back in it and got it started back quick as possible but this was not done in this case..

They finally put in a 911 call for help @ 4:30 PM Sunday evening...
Get this it was 32 degrees or colder and she was muddy and soaking wet and had a huge bump on her head and they did not find her in that Chevy Blazer where 99% of the people would stay. They found her stuff back into a drain pipe??? About everybody I know would stay in the Chevy Blazer atleast sun on the glass would warm it up some plus it keep you out of weather and wind blowing..

These people did this was so drunk they could not get there story stright clear into Sunday evening if the Blazer ran out of gas or got stuck up in the mud & ice..

But nothing was frozen hair or nothing had ice on her and everything including her hair was soaking wet.. Plus no none Rigor Mortis had started to set in... I understand she was limp as if you got her out of a warm bed..This came from a very good friend that was there on Search & Rescue..

These people get out of this case I swear I will start wondering just who they are really working for.. When it come to death or serious lifetime injury's to a person.. I don't think nobody should protect the gulity party...I know we see this from time to time but that should be in all the Law Book's to protect people from being treated this way by others because they "just maybe" be helping the police on the side.. People could do a lot more harm than they help..

I am not trying to say these people helping out the police in other ways or nothing.. I just can't understand why atleast somebody has not even been given a ticket over this.. The owner/driver of the vehicle is responsible for the saftey and welfare of the people riding in there vehicle onroad or offroad, Private property or not.. I think that is in every state laws book's somewhere..If not it should be...

More Bad News.

Not some sick joke..

Dana her twin sister has passed away.. They say her heart gave away on her..

I guess she died of a broken heart, She just could not face the world alone without Deea beside her..

DANA BROWN
Logan Banner

LORADO, W.Va. &#8212; Dana Compton Brown, 41, of Lorado, died Tuesday, December 21, 2010. Arrangements are incomplete. Krantz-McNeely Funeral Home of Man is in charge of the arrangements.

http://loganbanner.com/view/full_st...-BROWN?instance=secondary_stories_left_column

Read more: Logan Banner - DANA BROWN

Yes this is Deea's Twin Sister died 17 day's apart from each other!!!!!

DANA BROWN
LORADO &#8212; Dana Dawn Compton Brown, 41, of Lorado, passed away Tuesday, December 21, 2010, at her home.

Born June 9, 1969, at Man, she was a daughter of Wanda Lusk Compton Thompson of Davin and the late Thomas Woodrow Compton.

Also preceding her in death was her twin sister, Deea Shawn Compton Workman; her maternal grandparents, Noah and Spicie Lusk and her paternal grandparents, Thomas and Hannah Compton.

Donna was a homemaker and a loving mother. She was a caring daughter and sister who enjoyed life to the fullest. She enjoyed the simple things in life and spending time with her family and friends. Dana was a fun-loving and outgoing person. She would talk to everyone she met.

Additionally, those left to cherish her memory include her companion, Russell &#8220;Gus&#8221; Nester of Lorado; two daughters, Taylor Nester and Jordan Brown, both of Lorado; one son, Ricky &#8220;Blake&#8221; Brown of Lorado; one brother, Kevin (Jennie) Compton of Greenvalley; her step-father, Harold Thompson of Davin; four nieces, Tia Workman, Shaila Workman, Rebecca Compton and Krysten Ellis; two nephews, Lil Kevin (Brandi) Compton and Tommy Compton; one great-niece, Trinity Compton; one great-nephew, Kameron Compton; two special friends she loved like sisters, Amie Ellis and Bonnie Buchanon, and a host of other relatives and friends.

Services will commence at 2 p.m. Monday, December 27, at the Krantz-McNeely Funeral Home with Rev. Bobby Adkins officiating. Burial will follow in Forest Lawn Cemetery at Pecks Mill where she will be layed to rest next to her loving sister, Deea.

Pallbearers will be James Miller, Ira Lusk, Keith Buchanon, Lil Kevin Compton, Joe Caudill, and Chris Toler.

Honorary pallbearers will be James Ellis, Jim Evans, HD Thompson, Greg Key, JR Thompson, and Dana Wilson.

Visitation will be from noon-2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.

Condolences may be left at www.krantzmcneelyfuneralhome.com

The arrangements have been entrusted to Krantz-McNeely Funeral Home at Man.

So very sad. Sending prayers to the family who have suffered such tragic losses during the holidays.

Everybody .. Update..
Be watching out for this on your local cable tv..cnn/with nancy grace will be interviewing the family and it will go world wide on national tv very soon...

We need all your help on this!!!

It's a huge fight just trying to keep this in the news..

Everybody .. Update..
Be watching out for this on your local cable tv..cnn/with nancy grace will be interviewing the family and it will go world wide on national tv very soon...

We need all your help on this!!!

It's a huge fight just trying to keep this in the news..

wv171, Have you gotten a date that this is to be aired yet? Or has it already aired? I knew Deea and Dana both and I don't want to miss this interview. TIA

No date as of yet that I know of ..

If I hear of one I post it..

Myself I just hope they will get on CNN Nancy Grace show.. My guess is they 1st interview them.. Then deside if they can put them on air or not..Everything is about rating now day's..

Tell you what this case is as good if not better than others I have seen.. But I can't help it locally appears they wanting to sweep this case under the rug like they done so many other case's before it..

Far as I know they never have found that Bartrum boy missing in the same general area..

There so many unsloved crimes in this area.. I don't see why red flag's are not poping up on the FBI desk in Washington DC..

Candi123.. You more than welcome to help me keep this thread alive.. I learn long time ago it takes all of us working together to get much done on site's such as this one..

No date as of yet that I know of ..

If I hear of one I post it..

Myself I just hope they will get on CNN Nancy Grace show.. My guess is they 1st interview them.. Then deside if they can put them on air or not..Everything is about rating now day's..

Tell you what this case is as good if not better than others I have seen.. But I can't help it locally appears they wanting to sweep this case under the rug like they done so many other case's before it..

Far as I know they never have found that Bartrum boy missing in the same general area..

There so many unsloved crimes in this area.. I don't see why red flag's are not poping up on the FBI desk in Washington DC..

Candi123.. You more than welcome to help me keep this thread alive.. I learn long time ago it takes all of us working together to get much done on site's such as this one..

As far as I know the Bartram boy hasn't even been found yet. (such a sad situation) I like you also hope that Deea's case isn't swept under the rug. Her family and friends have really suffered a lot as of late.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back