TX - Lifestyle-as-guilt: the child abuse convictions of the San Antonio 4

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Lengthy, detailed article in the San Antonio Express-News last Sunday looked back on a '90s case involving four women with lesbian lifestyles, in which justice may not have been served and in which Satanic ritual abuse factors, trendy at the time, were considered; the four women received sentences totaling 82.5 years in prison based on the testimony of two children, in spite of what might be seen as mitigating factors - sentences which all are still serving:

Did these women molest two girls?

Convicted of assault but maintaining their innocence

Thoughts? Are the women monsters, or have they been unjustly convicted?

I think these women are almost certainly innocent. I realize testimony can be difficult for children, but when a child accuser can't keep straight the most basic details of the offense, I don't see how a jury can find guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

And I'll add that as a gay man, these sorts of charges have haunted me and most gay people for at least 60 or 70 years. And no wonder, in a country where someone like Anita Bryant goes around saying, "Obviously homosexuals recruit our children--because homosexuals can't have children themselves!" In a country where Bryant's premise and logic are (or at least were 30 years ago) considered reasonable!

Personally, I am extremely grateful that my husband's ex-wife and our other relatives are both honest and stable.

I know I've said this elsewhere, but I'll say it again here. The more I read about bad verdicts in this country, the less sure I am that I will ever be able to find any defendant guilty of anything again. (And I've been a juror several times, including on one murder case where we found the defendant guilty.)

On the other hand, of course, SOMEBODY has to serve and speak out against false conclusions such as the one drawn in this case.

I have not read the charges. However I want to state that Satanic Ritual abuse does go on despite what others may think.

And as far as the girls not remembering all the details. It was three years before this went to trial. What child is gonna remember abuse that they don't want to remember for that long of a time period? Especially if they want to block it out of their lives?

Not saying that they are innocent, but trying to shed light on why a child may not remember specific details.

This would be one for "The innocence Project". Sounds like this guy (the father) has had several custody disputes which result in/from sexual assault accusations. This case should be investgated again. Now the adopted oldest brother is in jail for molesting a child the father was trying to get custody of? And his own bio Son said the father has tried coaching him into lying? Holy cow..Given the whole story..I think these women are innocent and I truely hope they get out soon! IMOO

The younger of the two girls has now recanted and says nothing happened. That, matched with the father's track record of creating false allegations, should be enough to overturn the convictions if we lived in a fair world. It won't be though - once the courts have convicted someone they are extremely reluctant to admit to any mistake.

This would be one for "The innocence Project". Sounds like this guy (the father) has had several custody disputes which result in/from sexual assault accusations. This case should be investgated again. Now the adopted oldest brother is in jail for molesting a child the father was trying to get custody of? And his own bio Son said the father has tried coaching him into lying? Holy cow..Given the whole story..I think these women are innocent and I truely hope they get out soon! IMOO

The Innocence Project is involved. The one woman who was released met with her lawyer from IP.

And as far as the girls not remembering all the details. It was three years before this went to trial. What child is gonna remember abuse that they don't want to remember for that long of a time period? Especially if they want to block it out of their lives?

Not saying that they are innocent, but trying to shed light on why a child may not remember specific details.

Even if that's true (and there are countless posts here where posters claim one never forgets the horror of molestation), how do we convict defendants based on evidence nobody remembers? The supposed physical signs of abuse have already been disproven in this case; if there is other circumstantial evidence, the link doesn't say.

Prove it.

The FBI can't.

Umm I am a VICTIM of it and I know many other victims of it! That is all that needs to be said!

If you want further reading. Look into the "Illuminati" thread I believe is now in the parking lot. Linked here

Even if that's true (and there are countless posts here where posters claim one never forgets the horror of molestation), how do we convict defendants based on evidence nobody remembers? The supposed physical signs of abuse have already been disproven in this case; if there is other circumstantial evidence, the link doesn't say.

People especially kids can dissociate during a crime. They don't want to be in the situation they can go to 'another' place in their minds, and totally black it out. Not saying that this is what these kids did, but a lot of people black out rapes, or totally lose parts of their childhood due to blocking it out from their memories completly

Umm I am a VICTIM of it and I know many other victims of it! That is all that needs to be said!

If you want further reading. Look into the "Illuminati" thread I believe is now in the parking lot. Linked here

I read the Illuminati thread, and here is my verdict....

[video=youtube;tXsxvdF481I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXsxvdF481I&feature=fvsr[/video]

I can't understand how someone can definitely say these women are innocent based on 2 articles posted.

I'm amazed.

I've posted four MSM articles which make the case for their innocence, three from their hometown paper, an entity in position to know the case thoroughly from its first day, and another from Forbes.

I think we can definitely say that they are entitled to a retrial if the contents of these articles are true.

Don't you?

I think we can definitely say that they are entitled to a retrial if the contents of these articles are true.

Don't you?

Yes. That I agree with. I can't base my opinion on those articles alone and this is no disrespect towards wfgodot. I actually appreciate wfgodot posting about this case.

Now I'll shut up and go do my homework. I'll read up on the case and post my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back