TX TX - Schertz, WhtFem 17-25, 18UFTX, dumped off I-35, overdose, 'Steel' jean jacket, Apr'87

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 18UFTX http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/18uftx.html

NamUs UP Case 4189 https://identifyus.org/cases/4189

18UFTX.jpg

Sketch of Victim

Unidentified White Female

* Discovered on April 3, 1987 in Schertz, Guadalupe County, Texas.
* Cause of death was a drug overdose.
* The victim had been deceased for approximately three to four days prior to discovery.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 17-25 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"-5'5"; 125 - 135 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair, 10" long; brown eyes. She had no scars or tattoos.
* Dentals: Available. Good condition. Her wisdom teeth were removed and she had no fillings in her teeth.
* Fingerprints: Available
* Clothing: She was wearing blue jeans, waist size 31; Energie blue and white striped, short-sleeved blouse, size large; Steel jean jacket, size 42; one white sock; and a white bra. She did not have on underpants nor shoes.
* DNA: Available in CODIS.

Case History

The victim was discovered in a culvert on the Interstate 35 southbound access road, 2/10 of a mile south of FM 2252. The cause of death was an overdose from an engineered drug (an example of an engineered -- or "designer" drug -- is methadone). Tire tracks were discovered leading away from the area where she was located.

This is a new Charley Project case, which showed up today:

Theresa M. Fishbach
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fishbach_theresa.html
fishbach_theresa.jpg
18UFTX.jpg

She seems to fit reasonably well to this Jane Doe. Her height, weight, age, hair color, hairstyle, and eye color are all reasonably within bounds. Her facial shape is fairly consistent except that her forehead might be taller and chin might be a little smaller than the Jane Doe's. It depends on the tilt of the subject's head when the drawing of the Jane Doe was created.

Her DLC (24-May-1986) is based on a Mother's day card, so if she is deceased, the actual date of death would be fairly flexible after that date.

I noticed that the Jane Doe is in CODIS, so if Theresa is in CODIS we would have a rule-out by default, but Charley never provides that info.

Carl - I think this is a good possible match. I don't see the differences you see; especially the chin area.

Don't have time to check myself right now, but did you check the distance between the two cities in TX? last seen and found? Texas is pretty enormous... so wondered about that.

I also wonder if we can get any dental info on the MP.... see how that might match up to determine on submitting or not.

hth and tia!

Carl - I think this is a good possible match. I don't see the differences you see; especially the chin area.

The chin area is not so different (only very slight), and after looking again, the difference in foreheads is actually, just a difference in hairlines.

since they were able to get fingerprints from this UID, I assume her skin condition was pretty good upon discovery. I am assuming that since there is no references to scars or tattoos, then that means there were none?

Another question is that they say she died of a drug overdose and specified engineered or designer drug. they gave an example of methadone. is this code for their belief that she was probably a heroin user who OD'ed on methadone? this brings me back to the skin, I wonder if there were any tracks in her arms from IV drug use.

when I hear designer drug I think of the club drugs. how many of them were in existence in 1987 is unknown to me.

The chin area is not so different (only very slight), and after looking again, the difference in foreheads is actually, just a difference in hairlines.

I see that but I honestly don't see enough of a difference when it involves a sketch. Take it from a girl who used to spend 2 hours doing my hair and makeup. :blushing: I think the forhead difference is based artists depiction of the hair style

how about Sondra Kay Ramber?

on the lower end of the age range, was 14 when she disappeared in October 1983, but was 5'5", 125 lbs, had brown hair and brown eyes. she last lived in Galveston County, TX.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1859/10/

She certainaly could be. She has the same facial shape, and her hairline is closer to the Jane Doe than Theresa Fishbeck's is.

She also does not have a DNA sample available (according to NamUs), so if that's true there is not a CODIS rule-out by default issue.

Wow, I didn't expect to see this case here. It's one of a handful of cases I've been trying to research as much as I could over the last several years; however, I'd never found anyone who seemed to be even a half-decent match, and I've sadly never seen any other forums give it much attention at all.

Carl, I really think you might be onto something with Theresa Fishbach. It's hard to tell with the shrunken down version of the sketch that's found on the Doe Network site, but the following larger version of the sketch makes the decedent appear to have a slightly crooked nose:

u8705002.jpg

Judging from the larger image of Fishbach found on her missing person's flyer here: http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/MSHPWeb/mpphotos/A1001001A10K30A91245D570701.pdf If the image is mirrored, it seems she has a virtually identically slightly crooked nose. Her eyes also seem recessed very similarly to the way the sketch shows the decedent.

With such similar characteristics, I'd personally be somewhat surprised if this wasn't a match.

It's been over a month since the last post here, and I've been wondering if there has been any progress on this case? Fishbach seems really close, and she definitely looks like a viable match.

I have not called this one in yet. But I'll call TXDPS tomorrow.

I called TX-DPS, and they told me Kristin Fabry is the analyst in charge of this UID case. Unfortunately, Kristin has been on special assignment for months, and she has done nothing on a few other cases on her caseload that I've called in.

I left a message with the woman who answered the phone to have Kristin call me back, but I will be out for most of the day, so I may not be available when she dies call me back.

Since I probably won't be able to get Kristin Fabry to look at Theresa M. Fishbach (because Kristin is working on a special project), I called the St. Charles MO Police Dept tip line.

They took down the info and said that they would look into it.

This is a new Charley Project case, which showed up today:

Theresa M. Fishbach
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fishbach_theresa.html
fishbach_theresa.jpg
18UFTX.jpg

She seems to fit reasonably well to this Jane Doe. Her height, weight, age, hair color, hairstyle, and eye color are all reasonably within bounds. Her facial shape is fairly consistent except that her forehead might be taller and chin might be a little smaller than the Jane Doe's. It depends on the tilt of the subject's head when the drawing of the Jane Doe was created.

Her DLC (24-May-1986) is based on a Mother's day card, so if she is deceased, the actual date of death would be fairly flexible after that date.

I noticed that the Jane Doe is in CODIS, so if Theresa is in CODIS we would have a rule-out by default, but Charley never provides that info.

I put in another call to the St. Charles PD Crimestoppers line to see if anything had been done on this case. The detective on the line did not know, but he took down the information again.

This time, he took down my name and phone number. He also looked up the cases and actually took a look.

He came across as interested in the info that I was providing, so maybe we can get some resolution this time.

Carl,

If you get response back from St Charles PD, contact NamUS. I know Monte Johnson is the contact on the UID, (I acutally was in contact w/ about an UID found in Georgia,and he didn't know why why he was listed as that point of contact, he directed me to the County Corners office where the UID was found) but I know others that work for NamUs will try and help to whatever they can to help.

Bumping.... Carl, have you heard anything back from LE about this UID being Theresa Fishbach?

Bumping.... Carl, have you heard anything back from LE about this UID being Theresa Fishbach?

I left a message a week or so ago with Kristin Fabry of TXDPS regarding this case and two others that they have not responded on, and she didn't call me back.

I received a private message from a friend of Theresa Fishbach asking if there has been any progress on this submission, and I told her that I would call the detectives in St. Charles this coming week to try to get some movement on this possible match.

I left a message a week or so ago with Kristin Fabry of TXDPS regarding this case and two others that they have not responded on, and she didn't call me back.

I received a private message from a friend of Theresa Fishbach asking if there has been any progress on this submission, and I told her that I would call the detectives in St. Charles this coming week to try to get some movement on this possible match.

I figured you received a PM from a friend of Theresa Fishbach, so did I. She said she messaged a few that posted on this thread.

I don't have any of my notes that I take on cases here at home, they are at work.

Hopefully you hear something back from the St Charles detectives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back