MO - 27-year-old woman found dead at home of August Busch IV

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Woman found dead in home of August Busch IV

A 27-year-old woman was found dead Sunday at a home owned by former Anheuser-Busch chief executive August Busch IV in Huntleigh, the Post-Dispatch has learned.

Adrienne N. Martin, of St. Charles, was pronounced dead at 1:26 p.m., according to Suzanne McCune, administrator of the St. Louis County Medical Examiner's Office.
---
It's not immediately clear if Busch was at the residence. After questions from the Post-Dispatch, Frontenac police, who cover Huntleigh, issued a statement this afternoon saying they received a 911 call at 1:15 p.m. Sunday about an "unresponsive person" at the home. Paramedics and police officers found a 27-year-old woman deceased and "with no apparent signs of trauma or other indications of cause of death," the release said.
---
Martin a few years ago posted photos and a bio of herself on a modeling website called istudio.com. She wrote that she was studying to be an art therapist and hoped to help children. She also wrote that she had been in pageants for several years and wanted to become a model. She wrote: "I really would like to do beer advertising! Since I have only just begun I can't wait for my exciting times ahead!"

Busch, 46, took over as CEO of the brewing giant in 2006, but his tenure ended with the sale of A-B to InBev. Since the buyout, Busch has faded from public view.
---
In 1984, Busch avoided criminal charges after a car crash in Arizona that killed a 22-year-old woman.

The crash occurred on Nov. 13, 1983, outside Tucson, Ariz. Busch, 20 at the time and a student at the University of Arizona, left a bar with the woman and, shortly after, crashed his black Corvette, police said. The woman, Michele Frederick, was thrown from the car. Busch was found six hours later at his home, dazed and bloodied. He had suffered a fractured skull and claimed he had amnesia.
---

the rest, at
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_3920399e-0ec0-11e0-b6d8-0017a4a78c22.html

An interesting case due to the money involved and its perceived ability to buy justice, perhaps.

If you read what's on wiki about this man, you will see what happened to a young woman when he was younger. That woman was my neighbor at the time. She was a beautiful college student Her and her roomate would do nice things for my children.

Pulled up from work and was bombarded by the media. I will never forget what he did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Busch_IV

Poor woman. So young.

How much loot does it take to get to do whatever you please above the law? This dude has Ted Kennedy beat. Well, almost.

You're in a wreck which you probably caused and a poor girl is dead. You crawl out of the wreck with your amnesia back to your house? How you know where your house is if you have amnesia?:doh: Oh and by the time they find you your blood alcohol level has gone down probably and the evidence gets lost!

I did find this 100% Unauthorized Get A Date With This Guy!

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/da...authorized_august_busch_iv_dating_contest.php

He could be completely uninvolved with this death at his home - let's hope. However, reading his history doesn't lead me to have any respect for him. Sounds like he grew up a rich, spoiled kid and has had no respect for the law (or women) most of his life. Interesting how his wife was so much younger than him, as is this poor woman who was found deceased at his house. I think that speaks volumes. OBVIOUSLY, there is nothing wrong with dating someone who is younger/older than you, but when it's a habit, it seems to me to be a bit superficial. I bet the ex-wife and victim are beautiful as well.

This one's local for me. The body was discovered on Sunday, and it was kept out of the news until late Thursday. And they're STILL saying the cause of death is unknown, no reason to believe foul play, etc. If it's all so innocent and accidental, why the veil of secrecy? The family money bought secrecy, time, and silence.

HUNTLEIGH, Mo – Police found the body of a 27-year-old woman in the upscale suburban St. Louis home of ex-Anheuser-http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101224/ap_on_re_us/us_woman_dead_busch_home#Busch CEO August Busch IV though it could take at least a month before authorities know how she died.

Frontenac police, whose area of coverage includes Huntleigh, provided information in a news release that did not say if the death was considered suspicious. Phone messages seeking an interview were not returned. The release did not say why news of the death was not announced until four days later.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch quoted an unnamed law enforcement source as saying the case was being investigated as a possible overdose.

In 1983, Busch, then a 20-year-old University of Arizona student, left a bar with a 22-year-old woman. His black Corvette crashed and the woman, Michele Frederick, was killed. Busch was found hours later at his home. He suffered a fractured skull and claimed he had amnesia. After a seven-month investigation, authorities declined to press criminal charges, citing a lack of evidence.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101224/ap_on_re_us/us_woman_dead_busch_home#mwpphu-container

My hinky meter is going off!!!

Hi Dark Knight, I started a thread yesterday (in Crimes in the News) about this one. Could we join them? (My hinky meter's all aflutter on this one, too, given Busch IV's history.)

Hi Dark Knight, I started a thread yesterday (in Crimes in the News) about this one. Could we join them? (My hinky meter's all aflutter on this one, too, given Busch IV's history.)

Despite my hinky meter going off, no charges have been filed, so no crime has officially been committed. That's why I put it in this forum. :)

It's amazing what the wealthy can get away with, as well all know, by now. I have a feeling we'll never know the whole truth. Much like the reported sexual assault at the Playboy Mansion a while back. That was basically swept under the carpet, as well.

Rest assured that if a woman half my age was found dead in my home, I'd be in jail before it ever hit the internet, let alone 4 days later, lol!!!

Despite my hinky meter going off, no charges have been filed, so no crime has officially been committed. That's why I put it in this forum. :)

It's amazing what the wealthy can get away with, as well all know, by now. I have a feeling we'll never know the whole truth. Much like the reported sexual assault at the Playboy Mansion a while back. That was basically swept under the carpet, as well.

Rest assured that if a woman half my age was found dead in my home, I'd be in jail before it ever hit the internet, let alone 4 days later, lol!!!

Yes, the Busch family are like royalty in St. Louis. Most of the rules don't seem to apply to them. I am shocked that there is a four day delay in it being reported though.

There's more!!!

He also was part of a high speed chase -- narcotics officers were following him but he thought it was kidnappers! This was many years ago when I ran with his crowd (mid to late 80s).

He's not very smart -- didn't know the capital of Kentucky when I asked him (one of my criteria of dating a dude back in the day)

Two years later [after the death of the University of Arizona student], Busch IV was acquitted by a jury in St. Louis on assault charges resulting from a police chase that ended with an officer shooting out a tire on his Mercedes-Benz.

Undercover narcotics officers began the chase after Busch's car nearly struck them, police said at the time. Busch was also accused of trying to run down two detectives. He said he was fleeing because he thought the unmarked police car carried would-be kidnappers.
---
There have been other troubles for members of the Busch family.

In 1934, August Busch Sr., who was president of the company, killed himself with a revolver at Grant's Farm. In 1976, Peter Busch, the son of August Busch Jr. and half-uncle of August Busch IV, shot and killed a friend, David Leeker. Peter Busch claimed the gun went off accidentally as he tossed it on a bed. He pleaded guilty to manslaughter and received five years' probation.
Adrienne Nicole Martin Death Brings August Busch IV Into Headlines

If any wonderful moderator person happens along, could we combine this thread with Dark Knight's other Busch IV-related one? I started this one in the Crimes in the News forum - although no crime has been proven to have been associated with the death (mea culpa, mea maxima culpa) and thus, properly, it belongs in the Up to the Minute forum, where Dark Knight correctly placed it, and where posts ought to be, at least for now, directed.

Woman, 27, found dead at August Busch IV 's home - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks!

The dead woman's ex says that she had a heart rhythm problem called long QT syndrome. A person with this problem can have sudden death caused by ventricular defibrillation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/25/AR2010122501747.html

Why is her ex-husband discussing her health history with anyone, let alone the press? And it says HE dxed a heart condition. She didn't see another doctor. She didn't tell anyone else and she didn't want him to either? I am guessing since he was her husband, there won't be any documentation to support this claim?

Her and the ex both love AB4. Most recently divorced exes just love and adore the new the guy, even after the mother of their child is found dead in his house. Why wait for toxicology to come back, disclose her previously unknown medical condition (no heart condition was noted during the autopsy?), and discuss it with the press before the authorities.

AB4's attorney says there is nothing suspicious, just the untimely death of a young person. Nothing to see here, move along. Don't worry about previous incidents, the delay in calling the police (drug clean up and a call to the attorney I am sure, AB4 would not have consented to a blood or urine test I am sure).

I was thinking this would be a drug overdose. The exhubby is doing more to make me suspicious than the rest of the story. I find that an odd disclosure, odd and excessive details, and an odd response to the mother of child dying in another man's house in a fairly new relationship.

Have her parents said much yet? I wonder if they have any independent resources doing what they legally can to monitor the handling of the case. Local police and a wealthy powerful family can be a tough combo for everyone involved.

If toxicology comes back positive for an overdose and the house was cleaned up during that 40 minute window it will probably just be another shady chapter in this guys history.

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-woman-found-dead-august-busch-home-122310,0,3532198.story

snip

FOX 2 began calling Frontenac Police days earlier, with a promise from the department that we'd get something in writing.

The first response we did hear was from Busch's long time family attorney, Art Margulis, who said "there is nothing to suggest anything suspicious. It was a tragic and untimely death."

Finally, Thursday afternoon, Frontenac Police sent a brief statement confirming the death. The police chief said it took days to send it because they needed an attorney to review the two paragraph release.

Martin's ex-husband, a doctor of osteopathy, is out of town and was unavailable for comment.

I think this is what is so alarming, that the police had to wait for the attorney to give approval of the statement before it was released to the news.

Just a little note: The husband now has full custody of the little boy and if there is a settlement, I'm sure he will be in charge of that....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back