Identified! NV - Las Vegas, partially burned body in desert, Nov'10 - Michele Carson

There wasn't a thread in the UID area for this case. Adding here so if anyone finds this we'll know an id has already been made.

RIP Michele - Prayers sent for her family, friends and all who loved and will deeply miss Michele. Also that Justice will be served in her case.

There wasn't a thread in the UID area for this case. Adding here so if anyone finds this we'll know an id has already been made.

RIP Michele - Prayers sent for her family, friends and all who loved and will deeply miss Michele. Also that Justice will be served in her case.

Thanks, cubby.

The news on this one, mostly comes out of her hometown, West Covina. The LVPD isn't pleading for information, and have interviewed her friends.
They're not releasing details about her employment, obviously for a reason (ie, the death is connected to that - or would embarrass the family).

I don't see a long investigation on this one. I could be wrong.

Our format here doesn't allow linking similar cases, but Michele's is one of three that have received publicity in the past seven months:

Dec 2010:
The burned female body found in mid-December, in Kingman Wash (on the Arizona side of Lake Mead, only about a mile from the AZ-NV border). That case got publicity, when the "missing dancer" was eliminated as those remains. I'm wondering if Michele's case is linked to the Kingman Wash remains, and if LVPD has other similar cases. Websleuths discussion of case.

July 2009:
Here's one more: Charred female remains found not far from the Zyzzx exit off I-15 (not far from the CA-NV border) last July. Still not ID'd, per NAMUS (click here) and Websleuths.

That's three cases, in five months, in a pretty small radius.

She was last seen Thursday, Nov 4th in Vegas by "friends".

She wasn't reported missing until Sunday, Nov 7th (the same day the burnt car was found by the cement plant at Sloan).

Putting it together that way: why the delay (Thursday - Sunday) and how coincidental is it, that her car is found about the same time the missing report is filed?

She was last seen Thursday, Nov 4th in Vegas by "friends".

She wasn't reported missing until Sunday, Nov 7th (the same day the burnt car was found by the cement plant at Sloan).

Putting it together that way: why the delay (Thursday - Sunday) and how coincidental is it, that her car is found about the same time the missing report is filed?

Well, one possibility is that the friends who saw her on Thursday didn't expect to see her again, and she wasn't noticed as missing until she either didn't show up for some aspect of work, or she didn't get back to CA on schedule.

Well, one possibility is that the friends who saw her on Thursday didn't expect to see her again, and she wasn't noticed as missing until she either didn't show up for some aspect of work, or she didn't get back to CA on schedule.

That makes sense, especially since she was reported missing on a Sunday.

But you'd think *someone* would have expected contact from her, between Thursday and Sunday (ie, text, etc).

That makes sense, especially since she was reported missing on a Sunday.

But you'd think *someone* would have expected contact from her, between Thursday and Sunday (ie, text, etc).

Well, yeah, but when somebody's out of town on business, and you don't hear from them for a couple of days, you might worry a little, but you don't usually think the person's missing. You just think they're overwhelmed with work. Overgeneralizing, of course...and assuming you're not wife/boyfriend/other intimate person, that is.

Since there is no news on Michelle, I'm wondering if it was because of her work or since LE is so quite in all of the cases lately, that they aren't thinking there may be a wacko on the loose?

Geez, we don't even know what her work was in really. Was she working in LE or something else? Absolutely nothing on her for over a month that I can find. Did she drive there or fly in?

Is this pretty common...for all of these homicides in Vegas...or is this just a cluster all of a sudden? I wonder if the locals are discussing it?

http://www.lvrj.com/news/arrest-made-in-slaying-of-california-woman-118177399.html

A former Bishop Gorman basketball player and the son of a former UNLV basketball player was arrested on a murder charge related to the November slaying of his ex-girlfriend.

Justin "Spider" Burns, 27, of Las Vegas, was arrested in Jackson, Miss., with help from U.S. marshals, the FBI and the Leake County sheriff's office.

Burns is the son of Michael "Spiderman" Burns, who played four seasons in the late '70 and '80s for coach Jerry Tarkanian's Runnin' Rebels.
Burns was wanted in the slaying of his ex-girlfriend, Michele Carson, 25, a West Covina, Calif. resident.

Please don't believe everything you've read in the newspapers. I don't know what happened, but I am watching this case with great interest. I know there is some information out there that is not 100% accurate, however I'm sure the cops have their reasons.

Has anyone heard anything regarding a trial?

Thanks, cubby.

The news on this one, mostly comes out of her hometown, West Covina. The LVPD isn't pleading for information, and have interviewed her friends.
They're not releasing details about her employment, obviously for a reason (ie, the death is connected to that - or would embarrass the family).

I don't see a long investigation on this one. I could be wrong.

Our format here doesn't allow linking similar cases, but Michele's is one of three that have received publicity in the past seven months:

Dec 2010:
The burned female body found in mid-December, in Kingman Wash (on the Arizona side of Lake Mead, only about a mile from the AZ-NV border). That case got publicity, when the "missing dancer" was eliminated as those remains. I'm wondering if Michele's case is linked to the Kingman Wash remains, and if LVPD has other similar cases. Websleuths discussion of case.

July 2009:
Here's one more: Charred female remains found not far from the Zyzzx exit off I-15 (not far from the CA-NV border) last July. Still not ID'd, per NAMUS (click here) and Websleuths.

That's three cases, in five months, in a pretty small radius.

I have noticed that Las Vegas does not really seem to report it in the media when an unidentified decadent is discovered. In another unidentified case, I tried to look through the archives after a body was found with at least a paragraph and a photo/sketch asking "Does anyone know this person?" The only article I could find was one in the Las Vegas Weekly 8 years after he was found.
http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/archive/2004/apr/22/lost/
I'm not sure if this has to do with not scaring away tourists or something else.

I have noticed that Las Vegas does not really seem to report it in the media when an unidentified decadent is discovered. In another unidentified case, I tried to look through the archives after a body was found with at least a paragraph and a photo/sketch asking "Does anyone know this person?" The only article I could find was one in the Las Vegas Weekly 8 years after he was found.
http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/archive/2004/apr/22/lost/
I'm not sure if this has to do with not scaring away tourists or something else.

Actually, these discoveries are reported initially. There have been periods when it sounds like we have bodies all over the place! The problem is in getting follow-up information and timely ID's. It's very frustrating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back