kayceebee

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
:eek:
Murder Suspect Says Voices Told Him To Eat People
On Video, Accused Killer Describes How He Fried, Ate Victim

UPDATED: 8:22 AM EDT July 22, 2004

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- A man accused of killing three Kansas City, Kan., men in 2001 told investigators in a videotaped confession that voices in his head told him he would die if he didn't eat human flesh.

In an hour-long videotape played for a Kansas jury Wednesday, Marc V. Sappington, 25, told detectives he started hearing voices after smoking the hallucinogenic drug PCP in 2001. He said he only heard the voices while under the influence of drugs.

"They started telling me if I didn't eat, I was going to die," Sappington said in the videotape. "They said I had to eat flesh and blood if I want to live."

Sappington is charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Terry T. Green, 25; Michael Weaver Jr., 22; and Alton "Fred" Brown Jr., 16, in April 2001.

On the videotape, Sappington explained how he killed all three men, prompted by the voices in his head. After the first two killings, Sappington said, fear of getting caught prompted him to flee and kept him from eating his victims.

Sappington said Green became his first victim when he stopped by Sappington's house unexpectedly one night. Prosecutors believe that was on April 7, though Green's body wasn't found until April 10 -- the same day Weaver and Brown were killed.

Sappington said he stabbed Green in the chest with a knife and was going to drink some of his blood, but he got nervous when he thought his neighbors might have seen him with the body. He said he loaded Green's body into Green's car and drove to Kansas City, Mo., where he left the vehicle in a parking lot and took a taxi back to Kansas.

Sappington said he smoked some drugs a couple of days later and went to the home of his friend, Eric Fennix, who lived with his wife, Myah Fennix, his mother, Alice Wilson, and his younger stepbrother, Weaver.

Eric Fennix was asleep, he said, so he left. But on his way out, he grabbed a knife off the kitchen counter.

Sappington said he smoked some more drugs and started hearing the voices again. This time, they gave him a deadline: "I heard the voices tell me it's do or die. If I don't eat, I'm going to die within six or seven hours."

MORE.....
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/3563755/detail.html

Whoa. So he's cooking a leg in the house and his mother is home, and she can't smell it? Burning human flesh doesn't smell anything like a hamburger, I'll tell you.

Bleahhhh.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/3704063/detail.html

Man Gets Life In Prison For Killing 3, Eating 1

POSTED: 8:32 am EDT September 3, 2004

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- A man convicted of killing three people, eating the flesh of his youngest victim, was sentenced Thursday to life in prison.

Marc V. Sappington, 25, will not be eligible for parole for 75 years. Judge J. Dexter Burdette also sentenced Sappington to 6½ years for kidnapping and 2.5 years for aggravated burglary stemming from a carjacking. The sentences are to run consecutively.

"You are the closest thing to a homicide time-bomb there is," Burdette said.

Sappington, who was convicted in July, told Burdette the killings were motivated by a "will to live."

At trial, jurors watched a taped confession in which Sappington said voices he heard while high on the hallucinogenic drug PCP told him he had to eat flesh and blood or he would die. His victims were killed over a four-day span in April 2001.

Police said Sappington cut up the body of his youngest victim, Alton "Fred" Brown Jr., 16, then cooked and ate a small amount of his flesh. Sappington had planned to freeze the rest of the body and eat it later. Brown's body was the only one cannibalized.

"He didn't have any mercy, and I ask you not to show any mercy on him," Brown's mom, Tammy Saunders, urged the judge.

Sappington's attorney, Patricia Aylward Kalb, said her client was mentally ill when he killed but is now taking medication. Prosecutors said it was Sappington's PCP use that caused him to hear voices.

KANSAS CITY, Kansas (AP) -- A man convicted of killing three people, eating the flesh of his youngest victim, was sentenced Thursday to life in prison.

Marc V. Sappington, 25, will not be eligible for parole for 75 years. Judge J. Dexter Burdette also sentenced Sappington to 61/2 years for kidnapping and 21/2 years for aggravated burglary stemming from a carjacking. The sentences are to run consecutively.

"You are the closest thing to a homicide time-bomb there is," Burdette said.

Sappington, who was convicted in July, told Burdette the killings were motivated by a "will to live."

At trial, jurors watched a taped confession in which Sappington said voices he heard while high on the hallucinogenic drug PCP told him he had to eat flesh and blood or he would die. His victims were killed over a four-day span in April 2001.

Police said Sappington cut up the body of his youngest victim, Alton "Fred" Brown Jr., 16, then cooked and ate a small amount of his flesh. Sappington had planned to freeze the rest of the body and eat it later. Brown's body was the only one cannibalized.

"He didn't have any mercy, and I ask you not to show any mercy on him," Brown's mom, Tammy Saunders, urged the judge.

Sappington's attorney, Patricia Aylward Kalb, said her client was mentally ill when he killed but is now taking medication. Prosecutors said it was Sappington's PCP use that caused him to hear voices.

The case was among the first subject to requirements in a U.S. Supreme Court decision last year on when a state can forcibly medicate a defendant. The court ruled a state can't medicate an inmate solely to make that person competent to stand trial. One of the approved conditions for involuntarily medicating an inmate is when the person is considered dangerous.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/09/03/dismembered.body.ap/index.html

From December 2004:

http://cjonline.com/stories/121204/kan_kck.shtml#.VdmOlCxViko

A man previously sentenced to life terms for killing three people -- including one whose flesh he cooked and ate -- was given a life sentence Friday for a separate murder.

Marc V. Sappington, 25, will serve the four sentences consecutively and won't be eligible for parole for 115 years, assistant Wyandotte County prosecutor Jerome Gorman said.

The latest sentence stems from the March 2001 shooting death of David Mashak at his auto sales business in Kansas City, Kan... Sappington was sentenced in September to three consecutive life terms for the first-degree murders of Terry T. Green, 25; Michael Weaver Jr., 22; and Alton "Fred" Brown Jr., 16.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back