Track number of identified

Claudette

Reaction score
Wanted to start a new thread dedicated to keeping track of the number of identified. NOTE: please make sure to state if they are tentative identifications or not. It will, of course, state so in the article.

As of December 20th, 29 tentative identifications! :woohoo:

"Detectives said Monday none of those 29 women had been victims in the case, and the majority were alive and well. A few had died from natural causes."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-grim-sleeper-photos,0,5143310.story

LAPD's website has a PDF with all of the images and identifies which images have been identified. There are 29 pictures that have been identified so far. Wonder how many women were in those 29 pictures.

53 women had been identified as of January 7th.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0107-grim-sleeper-20110107,0,3641198.story

Los Angeles police detectives said Thursday they are investigating at least four missing persons cases as a result of publicizing photos seized from the South Los Angeles property of Lonnie Franklin Jr., the Grim Sleeper serial slaying suspect.

Thus far, at least 53 women depicted in the photos have been identified by LAPD Robbery-Homicide detectives.

At least 79 photos have been removed from the LAPD website after relatives, friends or the women in them contacted police to confirm their identities.

LAPD officials would not discuss details of the four missing persons cases other than to say they dated back to the early 1990s. Two of the missing women appeared in the photographs found in Franklin's possessions, and the two other missing person cases surfaced as a result of the publicity surrounding release of the photos, police said.

"We know who they are. They can't be located. They haven't been seen in a substantial amount of time," said Det. Dennis Kilcoyne, who is spearheading the investigation.

In addition to the missing women, police are examining at least 30 unsolved killings for any links to Franklin.

Wow - at least 4 missing huh?

The girl with the pink hair that stuck out to me that I personally believe has passed based on the photos is still up there :(

http://www.lapdonline.org/
The updated pdf has about 100 photos left.

Apparently they still don't know who Maxine and the nursing student (?) are. I thought they'd be easy to ID with the name tag and the uniform.

Attachments

• grim-sleeper-updated.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 55
The woman with the pink hair still unidentified. I want to see her identified, I feel she is deceased in these photos, and at his hands. Sadly, still no name for her...

Glad to see this is so successful. Hopefully there are still lots of leads!

LAPD have updated their poster and there are 57 photos left from the original 180.

54 photos are left.

I'm really, really surprised the white lady with the curly red hair is still unidentified. Her picture matched up with a little girl who WAS identified!

Sad to see the pink haired girl is still there. She may never be identified, unfortunately. I think the pictures of her, she is deceased and he did it. Because of her lifestyle, I suspect she didn't have a great family life, if any at all. It could have been long enough ago that any ladies she worked with don't really remember her either!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back