9 injured in Ski Lift Accident at Sugarloaf Ski Resort in Maine.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/28/maine.skiers.trapped/index.html?hpt=T2

Carrabassett Valley, Maine (CNN) -- Several ski-lift riders fell to the ground and others were trapped in the air Tuesday when a lift a broke down at Sugarloaf Ski Resort in Maine.

Before the accident, high winds had delayed the opening of the lift. Conditions at the time of the accident were windy, but not unusually so following a major snowstorm, a spokesman for the resort said.

More than 200 people were trapped up to 90 minutes and as many as nine were injured, officials said....

Trapped up to 90 minutes on a ski lift. That would suck! :yow:

I've been trapped rhat long, it is terrifying. It happened once when I was really young and we had to be rescued off, another time it stopped for a good hour when I was a teen, but eventually started up again. <-the second time was not nearly as scary because we were in a gondola with music and updates, and our gondola was at the halfway point where we could actually get out if we had really tried.

Once in Banff they closed the lifts because people would have become severely frost bitten/died before they could be rescued had the chair broken.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1323045/

Frozen (I) (2010)

Three skiers are stranded on a chairlift and forced to make life-or-death choices that prove more perilous than staying put and freezing to death

Hope none of those people had seen this movie recently. :noooo:
I saw on the news this morning that none of them were seriously injured due to the new powder that had fallen the previous day. :)

oh my god i saw a preview for that movie and swore I would never ever ever watch it. I could never ski again! lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back