Grandmother reading bedtime story to 7 year old killed by tree.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

Official: Tree that fell during California storm kills grandmother
By Michael Martinez, CNN
December 30, 2010 7:05 a.m. EST

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- A renewed Pacific storm was "a contributing factor" in the death of a 70-year-old woman in a northern California exotic-wildlife preserve, authorities said Wednesday.

The woman was reading a bedtime story to her 7-year-old granddaughter Tuesday night when an oak fell on their safari-like luxury tent in Santa Rosa and killed the grandmother instantly, authorities said....

My first thoughts are for that poor little girl witnessing that, at least the grandmother was killed instantly. I can't imagine the poor girl having to listen to her suffering before she died.

Second, this just seems like a case of when it's your time to go, it's your time to go. From the article it appears the child was physically unharmed and it seems that God only wanted the grandmother to pass away.

Anyway you look at it, it's super weird. It's just extremely bad luck or an act of god.

I hope her granddaughter is able remember all the good times she spent with her grandma, and not be haunted by this tragic event.

Tragic! And the poor little girl was alone there with her grandmother. It sounds like the grandmother made a great effort to give her grandchildren exciting and memorable experiences.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back