John Mellencamp and wife separate after 20 years

Saw him last night on Letterman -- his new album looks good and his new song was pretty powerful. He's been touring a lot in past couple of years with Dylan - perhaps that took its toll on his marriage as he has teen sons at home with his third wife.

Online I read that he was married 3 times and his first child would be 40 but he did not mention her at all during the Letterman interview - I found that a bit odd.

He talked about his 20 yr old daughter being in college and his two teenage sons being ok but no mention of his first kid at all.

Thank you newone. I am from right down the road from where he is from and I saw him open a concert for Heart back in 1980. The opening act couldn't get to Louisville for some reason and they called him and had him drive down to Louisville to open.

He really only had one hit, "ain't even done with the night".

I was thinking, gosh he's been married a lot longer than that, in fact he got married as a teen I think because his GF had gotten pregnant.

You answered my question. Thanks!

This really kind of shocked me when I first read about it. I thought they were one of the few couples who really had a solid marriage. Very sad...

I'm actually sore of amazed it lasted this long. He is well known here in Indiana for being VERY difficult to get along with.

It's sad when a long term marriage ends.

Goz
Happy New Yearl

I'm actually sore of amazed it lasted this long. He is well known here in Indiana for being VERY difficult to get along with.

I meant to type SORT of amazed. Oops.

Why can't I edit my post just 4 hours afterward? How dumb.

I meant to type SORT of amazed. Oops.

Why can't I edit my post just 4 hours afterward? How dumb.

I agree... I went to edit something the other day and it was about 4 hours or a little less after I first posted it and the edit button was gone. I asked a mod and they just said we don't have as much time to edit as we used to, no other explanation. I wish they would change it back. I always think of something later...:(

I agree... I went to edit something the other day and it was about 4 hours or a little less after I first posted it and the edit button was gone. I asked a mod and they just said we don't have as much time to edit as we used to, no other explanation. I wish they would change it back. I always think of something later...:(

Me, too. I suppose it's to help them police someone's original post before they can change it to something less offensive, but that still seems a bit silly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back