CA CA - Deisy Herrera, 3, Bakersfield/Kern, 28 Dec 1987

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Missing child cold case is reopened

Twenty three years ago, a three-year-old girl went missing from her east Bakersfield home. The high-profile abduction case went cold after numerous leads never led to a suspect. But now a group of retired Sheriff's deputies are reopening the case they say has stuck with them all these years.

http://www.kget.com/news/local/story/Missing-child-cold-case-is-reopened/CBH0U6Wjsk-UNc6hr-YqFw.cspx

Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/herrera_deisy.html

Doe Network - http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/378dfca.html

herrera_deisy.jpg

What an odd photo for the missing persons photo. Also, curious that she has so many scars on her body for a 3 yr old--I wonder if she had surgery or something. I wish there was more to this story--did her siblings actually witness her being taken, and if so, was there any auto description etc?

There’s an MSM article with a little more information on Deisy here, Gardener:

30 years since disappearance of Deisy Herrera
kget.com
http://www.kget.com/news/local-news/30-years-since-disappearance-of-deisy-herrera/890957041

Thank you, Bohemian. Quoting from the article:

Her mom Eva Hernandez died without knowing what happened to her daughter.

The toddler vanished while playing hide-and-seek outside her home on Virginia and Washington streets 30 years ago Thursday.

The high-profile abduction case of Deisy Herrera went cold after numerous leads never led to a suspect. To this day, Deisy's whereabouts of are unknown.

It was something that haunted her mother until her very last day alive.

Our sister station Telemundo was the only one able to interview Eva Hernandez in December 2010. She recounted the nightmare of not knowing what happened to her daughter:

"When you bury your child or something happens to them, you accept it, you know where to find them, be with them, but when you don't know?" Hernandez said at the time.
Hernandez suspected Deisy's father in her disappearance. Detectives followed that hunch to Mexico, but eliminated him as a suspect.

How sad that her mom died without knowing what happened. I hope this child is found someday.

Bumping... The picture of her is so unnerving to me.
The amount of scars seems... Concerning. Especially the rectangular scar on her back- Immediately reminded me of a belt buckle.

It's a just me or does it look like she's dead in the picture. It looks like her little face is swollen purple eyes and and purple around the mouth. And lay in the floor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210910-145833~4.png
    Screenshot_20210910-145833~4.png
    261.4 KB · Views: 17
It's a just me or does it look like she's dead in the picture. It looks like her little face is swollen purple eyes and and purple around the mouth. And lay in the floor.
Honestly, I had the exact same thought when I first saw it.

By any chance does someone knows or has a way of knowing. Who is the agent who was handling Deisy Herrera's case at the beginning when she was reported missing in 1987. If someone can help me with that information I would appreciate it.

I am writing about the story of Deisy Herrera and would like to add more details.

Attachments

• Lumii_20211006_040133562.jpg
    Lumii_20211006_040133562.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 8
Refreshing the thread.

• Missing Since12/28/1987
  • Missing FromKern, California
  • ClassificationNon-Family Abduction
  • SexFemale
  • RaceHispanic
  • Date of Birth05/06/1984 (38)
  • Age3 years old
  • Height and Weight3'0, 40 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA white mesh t-shirt with a horizontal pink stripe and a vertical blue stripe, pink sweatpants, white sneakers and bar-type earrings with small gold flowers.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic female. Black hair, brown eyes. Deisy has scars on the back of her neck, her left buttock, her back, her right shoulder, her kidney area and on her left elbow. Her first name may be spelled "Daisy."

Details of Disappearance​

Deisy was last seen playing with her five siblings in the front yard of their family's residence in the 400 block of Washington Street in Kern, California on December 28, 1987. She and her siblings were playing hide-and-seek. When they called for her, she had disappeared. She has never been heard from again.

Authorities considered Gene Estel McCurdy a possible suspect in Deisy's abduction. McCurdy was sentenced to death in California in 1997 for the 1995 abduction and murder of an eight-year-old girl. Investigators believe he may have been involved in several other abductions or murders, including Deisy's case. McCurdy, a Navy veteran, has maintained his innocence in all charges and allegations.

Deisy's parents were estranged at the time of her disappearance and her father ultimately moved to Mexico. Authorities checked but could find no evidence that she was in Mexico or that either of her parents were involved in her case. Her mother has since died. There have been no arrests in Deisy's case and her disappearance remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Kern County Sheriff's Department 805-391-7500

What a shame for such a small baby to never return to her mother's lap again... I hope she is alive somewhere without knowing the truth...
either way
rest in peace

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member