2011.01.04 30 Search Warrants Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaerieB

Reaction score
http://twitter.com/#!/RadBerkywcnc

29 search warrants set to be released this afternoon in Zahra Baker case. Waiting for judge to sign off on it.

NEWTON, NC (WBTV & AP) - A grand jury met Monday to discuss possible new charges against the stepmother of Zahra Baker, a 10-year-old whose dismembered remains were found last fall in Caldwell County, according to WRAL.

WBTV has learned a judge is expected to sign an order on Tuesday that would unseal 29 warrants connected to the Zahra Baker case.

more here

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13774355/copy-hickory-man-dreams-of-park-to-honor-zahra-baker

Anxiously awaiting the release.

Ha! I just started the exact same thread but you beat me to it by a few seconds! I have asked the mods to delete mine!

GMTA, Alice. (I'm always careful with that expression because my mother used to add "Or fools seldom differ" to it.) LOL!

SO glad the GJ is meeting to discuss possible further charges in Zahra's case. Looking forward to the new release of more search warrants on this one. Anxiously awaiting what tomorrow may bring.

SO glad the GJ is meeting to discuss possible further charges in Zahra's case. Looking forward to the new release of more search warrants on this one. Anxiously awaiting what tomorrow may bring.

I believe they'll be released today, time permitting. They did post the first ones that were released the same night, and those were released just before 5PM, IIRC. I'm hoping we see them today!

I want to see more charges filed more than I want to see released search warrants, but I guess I know what I will be spending my time doing tonight! :seeya:

Here's hoping the IMVU warrants are included!

From link above:

Police reviewed Adam Baker’s cell phone records and the phone’s GPS locators on those days, the warrants say. According to those records, Adam Baker was not in the areas where Zahra’s remains were found on the days that Elisa Baker said he was, the warrants say.

Elisa Baker’s cell phone records indicate that she was in those areas on those days, the warrants say.

Elisa Baker told Hickory police that Adam Baker dismembered Zahra’s body on Sept. 25 and disposed of the body parts in various locations, including the Christie Road and Dudley Shoals areas where Zahra’s remains were later found, the warrants say.

I don't think she ever said that Adam is the one that dismembered her, did she? She just said what he did after was horrifying.:waitasec:

So although they thought 29 warrants would be unsealed, and one held back that contained information that was deemed 'critical' all 30 warrants have been released.

*does happy dance*

ETA: Hmmm, conflicting reports....why am I not surprised? Hickory Record says all 30 released, but WSOC says 29 released. Guess we'll find out shortly.

From link above:

Just because AB's cell phone records doesn't place him the the area where Zahra was disposed of, doesn't mean he didn't help dispose of the body parts. He could have simply left his cell phone at home or given it to someone else for a while.

I don't think she ever said that Adam is the one that dismembered her, did she? She just said what he did after was horrifying.:waitasec:

That's what she said in the letters to Gein. But apparently not what she told investigators. Guess we'll have to wait and read them ourselves once they're posted.

So...per the link above, AB lied to the police about when he last saw Zahra. Can't you be arrested for impeding an investigation, at the very least?

Well..... interesting....

"Investigators say Elisa Baker and Aaron Young have been in contact with each even though they were estranged, and officers were trying to get his telephone records.
"Obtaining Aaron Young's telephone records or telephone number … will likely provide information substantially related to this homicide investigation," according to the court documents."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/04/1955599/documents-give-new-details-in.html#ixzz1A6ND0bWP

Uh oh! His new wife won't like hearing THAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member