Anne Francis Dies

shana

Reaction score
ANNE FRANCIS, the American actress and star of the 1950's science fiction movie 'Forbidden Planet', has died at a nursing home in Santa Barbara, California, aged 80, reports the Press Association. Francis, who also appeared as the eponymous 'Honey West' in the US crime drama series, passed away on Sunday (1st January 2011).

More at LINK

When I was growing up Anne Francis was one of my favorite actresses. I loved the "Honey West" series! RIP!

Rest in Peace Anne.

I used to think her mole was beautiful (I was a kid!)

She rocked it a long time before Cindy Crawford ever did.

Rest in Peace. I wanted to be Honey West (still do for that matter.)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPK_eZJLMtM[/ame]

Honey West was one of my childhood heroes, and one of the few of those childhood heroes that happened to be human. RIP Ms. Francis.

When I was growing up Anne Francis was one of my favorite actresses. I loved the "Honey West" series! RIP!

-----------Anne Francis was a star in many movies in the forties,
even thirties.I thought she was older than 80.A very good actress.

Just wanted to add...

I used to see Anne Francis from time to time at our local Post Office, perhaps some 10 years ago or so. She stood in-line like the rest of us...quietly, and unassuming.

She looked beautiful then, and hadn't aged at all. She carried herself with grace...no airs.

R.I.P.

Had to find out who she was married to and it seems she had two short lived marriages and had one child. She was the first in California to adopt a child as a single person. Quite a trailblazer. RIP Anne

Francis was married to Bamlet Lawrence Price, Jr., from May 1952 through April 1955; and then to Dr. Robert Abeloff from 1960 through 1964. She and Abeloff had one daughter together, Jane Elizabeth Abeloff (born on March 21, 1962, in Los Angeles). Francis never remarried after divorcing Abeloff. Francis adopted Margaret "Maggie" West in 1970 in one of the first adoptions granted to a single person in California.

Source: her bio on wikipedia

As a kid seeing her in "Forbidden Planet" I thought she was just so beautiful. She was a real, natural beauty. The mole was perfect.

RIP Anne

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back