Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
JAKinsey.jpg

Jessica Ann Kinsey

Endangered Missing -- Missing Since: December 26, 1995

Missing From: Union, Missouri

Height: 5'5" -- Weight: 160 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Hazel

She has a small scar on the inside of her left forearm near her elbow and may have a tattoo on her neck of the word "Capone". She also wears eyeglasses.

Kinsey disappeared from Union, MO on December 26, 1995. She was last seen entering "Dollar Inn Motel", In Cloverdale, Indiana, in the early evening hours. She was in the company of two males. She checked into a room with one of the males. The police have been able to trace where he went after leaving the motel, and that he was alone. They traveled in a 1994-2-door-Aqua Blue- "Chevrolet Cavalier". The car was reported stolen on December 27, 1995, from the motel parking lot.

The police believe she may be in the West Los Angeles area.

NCMEC

Charley Project

Doe Network

http://www.joplinglobe.com/joplin_m...suicide-tied-to-cold-case-in-eastern-Missouri

Jimmy Hopkins may have taken more than his second wife with him to the grave.

In Union, Mo., about 50 miles west of St. Louis, Jimmy Hopkins’ death leaves a hole of another sort. A well-worn hole in the heart of the mother of a 14-year-old girl, Jessica A. Kinsey, who disappeared in 1995 and remains to this day a suspected victim of foul play at the hands of Hopkins.

Finally, the Union police chief talked to Hopkins informally in December of 2005 and came away convinced that he killed Jessica.

She (mother) said on the strength of that conviction, her family finally held a memorial service for Jessica in February of 2006.

I know that Hopkins was the son of a family friend -- but he was 23 and Jessica was 14! Didn't her parents question why he wanted to take their daughter out? I can understand being friendly because the families are, but nine years is a HUGE age gap at that point in their lives. Jimmy's life experience was way different from Jessica's. Was their going out together a regular thing, I wonder? Or was it a one-time thing, for a specific reason?

I found this article, which states that Jimmy Hopkins may have traveled as far as California and Tennessee, returning to Missouri without Jessica. NamUs UP#5206 may be a possible match:
  • Located in Rockdale, IL, on 5/13/97, estimated year of death 1985-1997
  • Estimated 5'5"
  • Incomplete skeleton, so weight cannot be estimated (lots of unknowns here)
The NamUs listing for the UID posits several theories about when this person may have died, so this would definitely be a long shot, but geographically it's only about 4.5 hours' drive from where Jessica went missing so if the two traveled around, anything is possible.

Jessica has 5 UID exclusions listed on NamUs:

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP52928
Date Body FoundMarch 22, 1996
StateCA
CountyTulare

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP8761
Date Body FoundNovember 14, 2007
StateOK
CountyPottawatomie

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP8419
Date Body FoundJanuary 16, 2001
StateVA
CountyIsle of Wight

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP12683
Date Body FoundJune 06, 2014
StateVA
CountyNewport News

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP6665
Date Body FoundMay 14, 2007
StateVA
CountyPetersburg

I just heard about this case. Was the friend with Hopkins cleared? It sounded like the friend stayed in a room at the same motel they did. Is there proof she wasn’t killed there or around there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back