MO MO - Robert Nuttle, 45, Joplin, 26 Sept 1985

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Police reopen 25-year-old murder case
---
The Joplin Police Department issued a news release Friday asking for any information that might help to explain or lead to charges in the Sept. 26, 1985, murder of nightclub owner Robert Nuttle. Nuttle, 45, Joplin route 6, was shot six times at the club he owned, the Country Roundup, 1700 W. Seventh St.
---
Police said at the time that a pistol used in the shooting was found near Nuttle’s body on the dance floor.
---
Police at least twice have investigated tips that Nuttle’s slaying was the result of love triangle. The allegation first came up during the initial probe and police arrested and questioned two people in connection with that allegation, but did find enough evidence to make any arrests and released them.
---
Aaron Dean Davis, who was 26 years old at the time, was charged with the slaying the same day he was handed consecutive prison terms totaling 50 years for two robberies. In one case, he used to a pistol to take money from a resident at a home on Trenton Street in Joplin. In another, he used a pistol to rob a clerk at the former Pronto store, 403 N. Main St. A judge cited an extensive record of crimes in sentencing Davis.

But that charge was dropped about six months later when police said they had determined that the confession was fabricated.
---

the rest, at
http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x756276316/Police-reopen-25-year-old-murder-case

I grew up in Springfield, MO, about 70 miles from Joplin. My aunt and uncle have lived in Joplin for 40+ years and my aunt used to write for the Joplin Globe. I was young when Nuttle was shot but I remember when it happened. There are not a lot of murders in Southwest MO so when there is it makes the news. I have always thought he was killed as a result of the love-triangle but LE just doesn't have enough evidence to prove it. I wish they would release more info on the circumstances of this love triangle. Was Nuttle married at the time? Was his murder a result of an affair gone wrong on his part or his wife's? I am going to do some research and see if there is not more info out there regarding his family circumstances at the time of his death.

I found this on Underground Ozarks forum. It was a post about KKK Cave in Joplin....never really clear why it is called that but anyway kynuttle posted - she is the grand-daughter of Robert Nuttle and apparently he used to own the property this cave is on. She says in her comment below that Robert was murdered by his own gun.

http://www.undergroundozarks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1802
my granddad was killed by his own gun at his own night club... ( ill tell more of the story soon but i have to put my baby asleep) after he died the cave went to his mother and lated suede by a girl that was dating my grandad ( witch they got into a big fight before he died) and she won then she sold it ti a church dude that hated my granddad and wont let any nuttle up there... i know that the dude has his youth group go down there for there meetings... sence he hates all the nuttles i am going up there and saying that i am someone else but he has never met me.... ill be back on soon so if want to here more just ask qostions

Great find, gaia227. I didn't know it was his own gun (if we can trust the source), and had assumed, probably because I've seen too many movies, that, because the gun was discarded at the scene, it was a professional / organized crime hit.

Robert Nuttle was murdered in his own bar in 1985. I am trying to get information. So I am seeking any information anyone might have on this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back