Plane tickets are expensive, but death is moreso.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

North Carolina teen may have fallen from plane in Massachusetts
By the CNN Wire Staff
December 11, 2010 8:06 a.m. EST

(CNN) -- Authorities are investigating what happened to a North Carolina teenager whose body was found along a flight path in Massachusetts with "trauma that was consistent with a fall from a significant height," a Massachusetts district attorney said.

"It appears, more likely than not, that (Delvonte) Tisdale was able to breach airport security and hide in the wheel well of a commercial jetliner without being detected by airport security personnel," William R. Keating, district attorney for Norfolk County, Massachusetts, told reporters Friday....

What a dumbass. Give him a Darwin Award. :shakehead:

Link

By the CNN Wire Staff

(CNN) -- Authorities are investigating what happened to a North Carolina teenager whose body was found along a flight path in Massachusetts with "trauma that was consistent with a fall from a significant height," a Massachusetts district attorney said.

"It appears, more likely than not, that (Delvonte) Tisdale was able to breach airport security and hide in the wheel well of a commercial jetliner without being detected by airport security personnel," William R. Keating, district attorney for Norfolk County, Massachusetts, told reporters Friday....

:noooo:!!!as has happened in other parts of the country ????? Did I read that right? WTH?

:noooo:!!!as has happened in other parts of the country ????? Did I read that right? WTH?

It's definitely been done before. I don't know how often but this isn't the second time I've heard of it.

IIRC, one guy hid in the wheel well of a plane flying to Europe and he froze to death.

It's definitely been done before. I don't know how often but this isn't the second time I've heard of it.

IIRC, one guy hid in the wheel well of a plane flying to Europe and he froze to death.

Yep, that was going to be my question, wouldn't a person freeze to death in there?

I heard of some guy trying to mail himself somewhere, and it wasn't that long ago, but this is the first one of these I've heard about.

Yep, that was going to be my question, wouldn't a person freeze to death in there?

I heard of some guy trying to mail himself somewhere, and it wasn't that long ago, but this is the first one of these I've heard about.

Me too...and I live under a flight path....Wonder if I should move? I don't think your standard foil hat will provide much protection from falling bodies from the sky......:innocent:

Me too...and I live under a flight path....Wonder if I should move? I don't think your standard foil hat will provide much protection from falling bodies from the sky......:innocent:

If you go name brand you're pretty safe.

Link

By the CNN Wire Staff

BBM

His family has been on the local news almost daily. They are, as can be expected, heartbroken. Just wanted to let you know that Delvonte was also mentally challenged. So his family does not understand how he was able to commit such an act.

That's sad. They never mentioned his mental capacity. I feel bad now for calling him a dumbass. Unfortunately there are many people who are of, supposed, competence that do this as well as other really stupid things and kill themselves. Look over the Darwin award pages.

What's really scary is he was able to do this. What if he had been a terrorist.

I haven't read all the info about how this happened, therefore, not going to go so far as blame the parents, but...if he is challenged, how was he not supervised more....I mean...getting thru airport security is NOT an easy thing and time consuming...but where is the wheel well? isn't it outside side of the plane? I guess I'm just not getting it...I wouldn't even know how he would get outside the plane...:waitasec: This is just not making sense to me.

What a shame!! Poor 16 year old boy!!! :-(

This article makes it sound like he was trying to make it to his mama.

More info:

http://thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/crime/5532-ma-officials-dead-nc-teen-fell-from-plane
The criminal investigation into his death concluded that the teen had somehow made his way to Charlotte Douglas International Airport. According to the Fox affiliate in Boston, there was no evidence showing that he went through security or bought a boarding pass. It was felt he most likely breached security by climbing a portion of the chain-link fence topped by strands of barbed wire that surrounds the tarmac. Tisdale then climbed into the wheel well of a Boeing 737 commercial jet that was scheduled to depart for Boston around 7:00 p.m. His body was found in Milton directly under the flight path that two Charlotte-to-Boston planes were flying that day and located where such flights lower landing gear when approaching Logan International Airport. It is felt he may already have perished while in the wheel well if only due to the below-freezing temperatures in the thin air existing at 20,000 feet. The slightly built teen was injured beyond recognition. His name was determined through the plastic lunch pass found in his jeans.

Questions are many and divided as to what caused the 16-year-old to attempt such a feat. A WCNC article indicates that his parents were separated and describe a boy who was unhappy about living with his father in North Carolina and desirous of living with his mother in Baltimore.

That's sad. They never mentioned his mental capacity. I feel bad now for calling him a dumbass. Unfortunately there are many people who are of, supposed, competence that do this as well as other really stupid things and kill themselves. Look over the Darwin award pages.

What's really scary is he was able to do this. What if he had been a terrorist.

BBM

I truly wasn't trying to make you or anyone else posting here feel badly. Just thought I would add the info about his mental capacity because it was stated on the local news, but not MSM.

I am also confused as to how a teen, who is mentally challenged, was able to get by security and onto (or is it into??) a plane. Just scares me to think what a terrorist could have done in a similar circumstance.

Freeze, perhaps, but high altitude sickness would probably set in first... and that is pure torture because when there is less oxygen (as it is as you climb higher into the atmosphere without supplemental oxygen or the convenience of a pressurized entity like a plane cabin) your system goes haywire and your body starts shutting down... you suffer through things like feeling yourself drowning as your lungs fill with fluid and intense cranial pressure as fluid builds up around your brain. It's a slow torturous death...

We all talk about airport security and how important it is right? Well in San Diego all you have to do is jump a fence to get to an airplane. My newphew did this once (he was in a manic phase) and hopped a fence and started chasing an airplane down the runway. He was placed on a 72 hour hold. If a terrorist really wants to get to a plane, going thru the airport isn't the way to do it. We should keep the outside as secure as the inside to keep folks from doing this.

MOO

Mel

sooo... first ill say my condolences in regard to this boys family. and im sorry to hear about your nephew mgardner i bet he causes you much stress...

but what im getting here is that all terrorists need to do is figure out how to appear as
mentally unbalanced folks and then the airport security couldnt care less if they jump barbwire fences and mess with and/or crawl into the wheel wells of an aircraft? huh? that kinda tics me off....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back