172 year old cat, in human years, 39 actual years.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

lucy-old-cat.jpg

Time-Worn Tabby: At 39, Is Lucy the Oldest Cat in the World?
By: Nick Carbone (20 hours ago)

What's her secret? It must be something in the Fancy Feast.

Lucy, from Llanelli, South Wales, is a proud Gen X'er – in her time, she's lived through eight prime ministers, a handful of wars, and the rise of the technological generation. But the years take a toll, and at 39 years old, Lucy's gone deaf and probably has a bit of trouble getting up in the morning....

That cat is only 7 years younger than I am! :rocker:

wow! my cat lived to be 19 and we thought *that* was old! what a beautiful kitty!

:heartluv: Bless her heart!!!! :heartluv: I'd be so happy if any of my beloved cats were to live that long! I hope beautiful Lucy has many more years ahead of her.

She looks just like my kitty, Gabby, except Gabby has little white mittins and white back paws.

She sure looks good for a cat that old. Most old cats who are way younger than her look like walking pretzels with hair.

wow! my cat lived to be 19 and we thought *that* was old! what a beautiful kitty!

DITTO! We named her Quark and called her Q for short and this was waaaaay before Star Trek had both names on their series. I always had to explain she was not named after Star Trek, but it is an elementary particle of matter (she was very tiny as a kitten and we were watching COSMOS).

Wow! We have a 17 year old cat named KittyKat. She has been in renal failure for approximately the last six years. In July of 2009 our daughter brought home another cat when she accompanied our other daughter to the vet with her sick dog. She thought we would like another cat sine Kitty would probably "die soon." Well, that was 1 and 1/2 years ago and Kitty is still with us. She still has enough energy to chase after one of the other cats if she is annoyed. Lately she doesn't groom as well, and she has a has a ketotic smell (has had for last 3 years). As long as she has a reasonable quality of life she will be here with us.

This has cat facts. They don't know about Lucy though so I don't know how long it's been up.

Link

Oldest living cat

The average life expectancy of an indoor cat is between 9 to 15 years. According to the Guinness Book of Records, the oldest living cat is a Burmese called Kataleena Lady who lives in Melbourne, Australia. Kataleena Lady was born on March 11th, 1977.
Oldest cat

The oldest living cat is Creme Puff of Austin Texas. Born on August 3rd 1967, Creme Puff celebrated her 38th birthday in August 2005.

Also deserving a mention are Puss, who was born in 1903. Puss was owned by Mrs T. Holway of Devon. Puss passed away on 29th November, 1939, one day after his 36th birthday.

Best mouser is wrong too. That would've been my kitty Einstein. He was a great hunter. He took his job seriously.

not a chance!

I haven't read the link or anything but I vote hoax

not a chance!

I haven't read the link or anything but I vote hoax

Well, Guiness verifies a 33 year old cat. So because these people can't provide proof of birth day I think are estimating but I'd guess they're pretty close.

One of my cats lived to be 22. She was still frisky at 20 or so then suddenly the years caught up with her. When I got her I was single, unemployed living in a not so nice area of town. When she passed I was married with a successful job and a family. That cat and I went through a lot of changes together. She died in 2003 and I still think about her every day and miss her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back