police chief accused of tossing beer can from squad car

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Port Washington - When a driver tossed an empty 24-ounce can of beer out of his car window here a couple of weeks ago, an irritated witness wrote down the car's license plate number and called police from his cell phone.

The vehicle from which the beer can was thrown "looks like one of your police cars," the caller told police.

He was right. The beer can was tossed out the driver's side window of an unmarked Port Washington squad car being driven by Police Chief Ed Rudolph.

When confronted with the allegation, Rudolph said "that he may have done something like that," according to a report released Thursday by Ozaukee County Sheriff Maury Straub, who investigated the case.

Rudolph, police chief in Port Washington for 35 years, told investigators that he "may have drank a beer down at the lakefront" and that he "may have thrown it out" the window.

Rudolph also "indicated that he probably should get a littering citation" as a result of the beer can being tossed along Maritime Drive.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/ozwash/sep04/257781.asp

hi cass! the police chief 'may not be above the law.'

he ought to be suspended without pay for a month.... he should be ashamed of himself. i'm ashamed of him. :razz:

deputylinda said:
he ought to be suspended without pay for a month.... he should be ashamed of himself. i'm ashamed of him. :razz:
If you're ashamed of him... gawd, just imagine how the Gretch would feel? :eek:

Casshew said:
If you're ashamed of him... gawd, just imagine how the Gretch would feel? :eek:
oh...you mean the pseudo LE ? :waitasec: she was probably in the back seat drinking the other 5 beers. :D

deputylinda said:
oh...you mean the pseudo LE ? :waitasec: she was probably in the back seat drinking the other 5 beers. :D
LOL.. you have to watch those campus night guards.

small town cops often develop an attitude, and it sounds like this cop had a bad one. kind of like "do what I say, not what I do". does this state have an open flask law? sounds like he broke it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back