GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Copied from thread 5:

REMEMBER, please: disagree, but don't bicker for the sake of it; attack the post if need be, but never the poster; maintain your sense of decorum; and PLEASE use restraint in referring to those who have not been named as suspects.
---
X Wondering who these people being discussed are, in terms of case context? Or to what the initials being used refer? See Destroyer's excellent post from thread 3, here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #3

X Also, PhillB has done an excellent map of the area in question; it can be referred to here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #3

Terrific discussion and sleuthing so far - an incredible amount of work has been done by a good many talented WSers. Welcome to those new to the case! Excellent links to information from media abound on the first five threads; familiarizing yourself with the case will enhance your understanding of the discussion on this, its sixth thread.

LINKS TO PREVIOUS THREADS

Websleuths TOS - The Rules

---------
NOTE FROM MODS

If you see a post that violates the TOS - you need to report it by hitting the little red triangle in the upper right corner of the post. If you respond to the post, you will be held accountable as having broken the TOS.

Read the rules and know them. This is a moderated forum and we don't do ugly here.

from Daily Mirror

Last night, on the 30th day of the inquiry, police ruled out a review of its progress, normally standard practice between 28 and 42 days.

The decision is fuelling speculation the DNA test results will trigger a swift arrest.

A police source said: “The DNA is vital. The clock is ticking very loudly and it’s crucial we get a breakthrough soon."
“The samples are being *subjected to the most rigorous examination ever *undertaken in a police *investigation. The results will tell us where the inquiry will go next.”

Someone suggested earlier that she could have gone inside to stay warm while talking with her friend.

Ok. Hadn't thought of that either. So you think they might have utilized the 'triangulation/ping' technology re: her phone, to put her at Waitrose ?

They left the phone with RG, though, from what I've gathered, seeing he answered RS's panicked call to JY, after being contacted by the police

But they might have removed the memory ? Taken that away to ascertain her movements, hence pinpointing her at Waitrose ? And left a new memory card in the phone, left the phone with RG ?

Don't understand, to be honest, why they did leave the phone with RG

There's no link to Thread #5, with Otto's brilliant models of the flat. Could it be included in the first post please?

Ok. Hadn't thought of that either. So you think they might have utilized the 'triangulation/ping' technology re: her phone, to put her at Waitrose ?

They left the phone with RG, though, from what I've gathered, seeing he answered RS's panicked call to JY, after being contacted by the police

But they might have removed the memory ? Taken that away to ascertain her movements, hence pinpointing her at Waitrose ? And left a new memory card in the phone, left the phone with RG ?

RG?? Think you mean GR ;)

When I tried to post my above post, was greeted by ' Sorry. This thread is closed '. Shock ! For several seconds, I thought the police must have closed it, lol. Didn't think the thread was even close to 50 pages. And it's not - only 30 pages. I'm still flooded with adrenaline, lol. Better start moving around. Stayed up all night and it hasn't done my nervous system any good

Well over 700 posts though, and threads seem to get closed around 500 posts - and you're welcome :)

On the topic of news coverage, there's been nothing on the BBC website for a few days now. Possibly because of another murder in Bristol. The police are examining CCTV footage from motorway cameras in that case as well.

There's no link to Thread #5, with Otto's brilliant models of the flat. Could it be included in the first post please?

I think we'll have to wait until ' wfgodot ' get back till everything gets touched up :)

Refresh the page. The links are all in post 1 now.

TY and hth
Cubby

Just thought it might be a good time....to take some 'time out'. I have never joined a group like W/S before....apart from various puzzle forums...nothing quite so serious. There are those who would criticise all of us...as nutty, nosey, gossiping, malicious, cruel etc., etc.,
BUT, unlike the facebooks, twitters, 'silly posting' sites...I really believe that EVERYONE on this site is, ultimately, trying very, very hard to get to the bottom of what happened to Joanna...without prejudice. I believe that everyone on here is posting serious...well thought out...theories in an attempt to find out who took this lovely young ladies' life. 'Theories' because that is all we can offer....we are not privvy (and no, I don't believe we should be) to every fact in this case but.....still...we sift through...and through again...what we have. Maybe we will make a difference...maybe we are all way out...I don't know. What I do know is..friends of mine lost a wonderful daughter..younger than Joanna...but just as beautiful, innocent and lusting for the life ahead of her. They, like Joannas' parents, were very ordinary, lovely, genuine parents...for that, in their eyes, was their greatest achievement. But now, older than their years...they cope (God, don't ask me how)...but they continue with what is left of their lives. They care for their parents...they work hard...they share the joy of their other children....and their grandchildren...BUT...AND IT IS A GINORMOUS BUT....their hearts bleed...forever..for that girl that went out and never returned. I am so proud of them both (although they wouldn't take kindly to hearing that)..they pursued her movements...they persuaded police to take them seriously that their daughter was missing (which is not easy...so makes our current case more perplexing) her of a killer had killed more and turned out to be a serial killer but....he was caught (too late in my book) but, partly due to their tenacity and total dedication to their beloved child.
So....that is probably the main reason I am here...and will stay here..until Joannas' parents have the answers they both want....and deserve.

To all of you...I am honoured to be part of such a dedicated and determined 'bunch'...we are all joined...for whatever reason...in a quest for justice and truth here....sadly..even something the wonderful L/E do not share..we are a 'family' out to hunt the perp down....but with methodical, fair and hopefully, successful reasoning. I thank you all for your efforts...just wish there had been a site like this for my pals' wonderful kid.

So, we carry on....excuse my ramblings...but sometimes adds a little more 'human content' than just a username. Good luck to us all...and let's see what we can do to bring this to a truthful, successful conclusion that we are all proud to have been a part of.

FYI - We have a subforum for time lines and media links only. This is a non discussion subforum, which was set up so cases such as Joanna's could have a thread for time line info and media links only rather than digging through hundreds of pages of posts.

Please feel free to set up a time line and media link only, non discussion thread for any applicable links you find helpful for this case.

Here is the link to the subforum where you can start a thread for time line and media links only:

Missing! Timeline Forum and Media links - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If you do so, the above timeline and media link thread will be added to opening posts for future threads and if someone pm's me once it is opened I will add it to the opening post in this thread.

TY and hth,
Cubby

A police source said: “The DNA is vital. The clock is ticking very loudly and it’s crucial we get a breakthrough soon."
“The samples are being *subjected to the most rigorous examination ever *undertaken in a police *investigation. The results will tell us where the inquiry will go next.”

If this report is true then this mystery could be solved by next weekend.

I am still very interested in possible links to the 1974 Carruthers murder despite police statements to the contrary.

Keep in mind there is still a person on police bail.

A few more facts (supporting evidence quoted):

Her jacket and boots were found in the flat, and one of her long grey socks is missing from her body when found. A 4x4 was seen near where her body was found on Longwood Lane.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12117460

Her landlord, CJ, was arrested but later bailed. He lives in a flat above JY&GR's flat.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12094715

JY's keys, purse and mobile phone were also left in the flat, but the pizza she bought from Tesco was not found (a receipt for the pizza was found in the flat). There was no sign of a struggle or forced entry at the property.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12084756

I too..thought this odd...why leave her mobile with the first (by historical terms) prime suspect. But that is what fuelled my speculation that this may have been an abduction and the perp had left instructions to wait for a call on jos' mobile.

I wonder if RS told LE that JY had mentioned Waitrose? during the conversation they had when JY left The Ram.

I am seriously confused about this DNA that LE have found, and have the top notch looking at........ if this was GR's DNA - wouldn't the LE know that? so we do take it to be someone elses DNA?.... apart from GR that is??

I too..thought this odd...why leave her mobile with the first (by historical terms) prime suspect. But that is what fuelled my speculation that this may have been an abduction and the perp had left instructions to wait for a call on jos' mobile.

I wonder if the police were still there when he took the call?...... perhaps they were observing him?

P.S. sorry to hear about your friends mikeymot, I too had a good friend whose little boy (10) was murdered/strangled by a paedophile < he was a 'care in the community' job :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46