NY NY - Brooklyn, Coney Isl, Brighton 4th St/Reigelmann Bdwlk, HispMale 18-28, UP5236, 2 bowties Jun'08

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs UP # 5236
WARNING POSTMORTEM AT LINK https://identifyus.org/cases/5236

Unidentified Hispanic Male
* The victim was discovered on June 18, 2008 at Brighton 4th st and Reigelmann Boardwalk, Brooklyn (Coney Island), New York

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 18 to 28 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7"; 164 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Black straight hair; brown eyes. Black mustache.
* Clothing: Gray briefs, black denim jeans, brown socks, black sneakers. Two black bowties found with body.

Case History
Hispanic male found on shoreline of Coney Island Beach at Brighton 4th St and Reigelmann boardwalk.

Hector Salinas looks real close.
salinas_hector.jpg

Here's the side-by side

*** WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK ***
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...mparisons/2072277050045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

When comparing, keep in mind that the ME photoshopped a large portion of the UID's forehead to obliterate what appears to be two bullet wounds, and most of his left (viewer's right) cheek.

I found at least five instances of common markers on their faces (marked by arrows).

* They both have small widow's peaks on their hairline.
* They both have what appears to be a minor scar on their right (viewer's left) cheek.
* They both have a similar blemish under their lower lip.
* They both have marks at the bridge of the nose (although the UID's is much more prominent, and shaped differently).
* They both have a blemish in the same location on the right (viewer's left) side of the cheek.

Even despite these, I'm still not entirely convinced though. Hector's eyebrows are darker and shaped slightly differently, and his hairline looks more square (although the difference might be due to UID's longer hair lying over his hairline.

What do y'all think?

I agree about the brows. Looks like maybe their bottom lips are a little different too. There may just be some swelling though.

I agree about the brows. Looks like maybe their bottom lips are a little different too. There may just be some swelling though.

I saw that too with the lower lip. Lips are hard to compare because the shapes of people's mouths change so much postmortem, but nevertheless, the UID's lower lip is much more thick..

I think they resemble each other but I don't think they are a match. Hector is listed at 16, two years below the bottom range of 18-28 for the UID. Also, Hector went missing March 29 2008 and is listed as weighing 125 lbs. The UID was found on June 18 2008 weighing 164 lbs. Teenagers have higher metabolisms, and I am having a hard time putting appx 40 lbs on a teenager in just shy of 3 months. Even if he was living on fast food, I still can't see a teenager of 5'6" putting on that kind of weight in such a short time while living on the streets. Also, Hector went missing from North Chicago, which is a far north burb not far from the lake. Chicago is a big city, the burbs are huge...I think it is likely Hector, with the endangered runaway status, is probably still in the Chicagoland area. I can't see a reason for him to leave such a large city as Chicago and venture out east.

jmo

in my opinion, the fact the UID was found with two black bowties, meant that he was in the food/beverage service industry. the first thing I think about catering such as working in a reception hall.

so if he was working a party for tips, might have been a robbery target.

Does anyone know if these posters or links are done in Spanish? That's who is looking for this guy, most likely someone in the spanish-speaking communities. :(

Does anyone know if these posters or links are done in Spanish? That's who is looking for this guy, most likely someone in the spanish-speaking communities. :(

I am assuming he had a job, hence the bowties, and he had to have been living somewhere. you would think that someone, i.e. roommates or landlord would suddenly notice someone is missing unless there was a sinister plot like this - roommates kill him for his $$, don't report him missing, and if anyone asked about him say "he went back to his country".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back