Males in the photos

plait

Reaction score
Why hasn't any of the males in these photos been identified. Wonder if they were accomplices, and Alcala murdered them to get rid of witnesses.

The frustrating thing about these photos IMO is that there hasn't been any follow up. We only know of a few that came forward and cleared photos. The rest have been just hanging out there as a mystery.

Did more people come forward? Is LE still looking for clues? Are we spinning our wheels? These are some questions that I'd like to see answered.

I'd like to see LE come out with a statement of whether each of the photos that were released were marked as "identified alive", "identified deceased" and "unidentified." Instead, I noticed last night that they are removing photos as the people are identified.

If they don't do this or something like it, we could be spending days looking for a match for someone in the photos when they have already been successfully identified.

I wonder if someone here has contacts with a big name such as Nancy Grace, who would be willing to go back to LE and see if this can be done. After all, it would only benefit them in having help with these cases.

I get the feeling these pictures were only released so people could identify themselves or families of missing people could identify them. I'm not sure they were all that interested in opening old cases. You can only kill somebody once and since RA has already gotten the death penalty, maybe they think that is enough. Does this make sense to anybody?

Yes...it makes sense. But I just would hope that LE would not turn away free help to solve cold cases. I still wish they would identify those who are no longer unidentified, one way or the other.

Wrote this msg before but it disappeared. The detectives are the professionals so I guess they know why they do certain things. But in IMO this case could have been handled better.
The 1st detectives should have released these pic in '79. But too late. To make up for that these new detectives should have
1. Made a plea with RA to ID the photos. Yes, I want to see him fry, but the families need whatever peace if any that they may get. There is no execution date set, so he could still die of natural causes sooner than his execution. He's 66. I think he remembers all his dirty deeds. Read his IQ is very high.
2. I read that the detectives are NOT confirming who they have positively identified. Which doesn't make a lot of sense IMO.
-- I hope the detectives are making good use of this site because there are a lot of excellent sleuths, with good eyes and opinions.

Not sure if it was Judy Cole or someone else who did identify themself as Alcala's identified and alive who said that Alcala showed her pic of males and they were really handsome.

Also read some place one of Alcala's co-workers says she remembers him showing her photos that she thought inappropriate of people he had taken.

My question is Do they recall any of the photos that we are now seeing that were shown to them? Because we might be able to get a timeline as to when the pic was taken.

Not sure if it was Judy Cole or someone else who did identify themself as Alcala's identified and alive who said that Alcala showed her pic of males and they were really handsome.

Also read some place one of Alcala's co-workers says she remembers him showing her photos that she thought inappropriate of people he had taken.

My question is Do they recall any of the photos that we are now seeing that were shown to them? Because we might be able to get a timeline as to when the pic was taken.

You're thinking of Liane Leedom. We don't know what pictures she saw, but she saw them in the last days or weeks before his final arrest in 1979. Good idea but as it works out, it doesn't refine the search any. He had already taken about all the pictures he would ever take by then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back