Black Widow Spiders Found

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
Columbus, Ohio
A woman found a black widow spider in a bag of red seedless grapes. Her son brought it to her attention after noticing the red hour glass on it's dead carcass. The woman notified the store, who said they would replace the bag. Upon further investigation, it turns out that black widow spiders can be found in bags of red seedless grapes in any grocery store in Columbus!
SCARY!!
I wonder if they can be found in my state.....

this could be another urban myth...but yes, they are found in most states. in walmart here a man was bitten by a pygmy rattler in garden center while handling potted plants...NOT a myth... nothing can insulate us from mother nature. i always wash grapes anyway.

You only have to worry about the females. Black widows are found throughout the States, as well as parts of Canada. The males you probably wouldnt recognize if you saw one, as they dont have the red hour glass. Bites by the black widow spider are rarely fatal, but the are brutally painful and can be debilitaing for quite a period of time. The anti-venom is rarely used, as it has a toxic reaction rate of over 25%.

ShowerSinger said:
Upon further investigation, it turns out that black widow spiders can be found in bags of red seedless grapes in any grocery store in Columbus!

Did they take a sample from each store in order to do a survey and use probability to come up with that statement?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back